Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
February 28, 2020, 07:25:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K.C. Munchkin delay in switching direction  (Read 1898 times)
grips03
Freedom Fighter

« on: December 28, 2016, 12:30:18 AM »

Why does K.C. Munchkin have a delay in switching direction?    Example: Player is going left and wants to switch to right immediately, but it takes a little of time for this to occur.  To me the game would be improved if this was possible.  Also adding 3 lives vs. the current 1 I think would benefit the game too.

Do all O2 games have this delay?
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:15:47 AM »

that's a design decision in the game and has nothing to do with O2 games in general - KC Munchkin can only switch direction once it completed a move to "field" - so if you are going right, it will move until it is in the next spot where it can go up/down/left/right, but only then and not before that can you turn around again ...

sex, lies, and videopac
grips03
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 08:03:20 PM »

thanks for the details.

I think the developers missed an opportunity to provide for a better game.  But it is what it is. 

Does KC Crazy Chase behave the same way?
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 10:23:15 AM »

It's a feature of the game - like manopac explained - and I love it. Once you get used to it you can move the joystick already in the next direction you want to go, while Munchkin is still moving.

In my opinion Ed Averett didn't miss an opportunity, but he made one of the very best Pac-Man-style games of the whole 8-bit era.

Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 02:55:39 PM »

It's a feature of the game - like manopac explained - and I love it. Once you get used to it you can move the joystick already in the next direction you want to go, while Munchkin is still moving.

In my opinion Ed Averett didn't miss an opportunity, but he made one of the very best Pac-Man-style games of the whole 8-bit era.

I completely agree! Try the game a little more and you'll see it's great. Smiley

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 01:44:06 AM »

KC Munchkin was a game that I had difficulties at the beginning. I still did not have my Odyssey and there was a championship here. Munchkin was one of the games, it took 80 points to advance to the next stage, I tried and failed many times. At first, when I won my Ody KC Munchkin (and Freddom Figthers) were games that I hated, over time I started to love them. Maybe you just need to get used to the controls.
grips03
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 08:50:20 PM »

Got 187 today.  Still think the game controls poorly. 
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 01:09:54 AM »

...Or maybe this is not your game. Have you tried Turtles.
grips03
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 03:19:12 PM »

waiting for multi-cart in order to try that one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: