Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
November 20, 2019, 07:07:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mage 3  (Read 3242 times)
grips03
Freedom Fighter

« on: January 20, 2017, 04:26:17 AM »

I bought Mage 3.  It is a maze game where you try to find someone, collect keys, open doors and avoid the monsters in the maze.  I don't have the other 2 Mage games.  Are they pretty much the same thing?  i.e. Map out the levels, avoid touching enemies, find what you need to find and then your done?

A 4-way gated joystick really helps with this game. 

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:14:44 AM by grips03 » Logged
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:49:23 AM »

The best were, when you had first played Mage1 (The Enchanted Crystals), than both Mage2 games (The Dark Mirror) and than Mage3 (The Final Journey), because Martijn wanted to tell a little story with this game.
In the first game, Wizzy's father captured a spell inside a crystal and divided it into 4 pieces. Wizzy must collect these pieces and bring them together inside the enchanted chest.
After combining the crystals at the end of Mage1, Wizzy unleashed his fathers spell and opened up a portal to the dark world.
Wizzy can now travel between the two worlds through the use of mirrors. It is up to Wizzy, to find a way back through the mirrors and merge the two worlds.
After Wizzy was trapped between 2 worlds, he was able to find his way back. And now in Mage3 his adventure ends and you must find his father.

All Mage games play pretty much the same. It was the first time, that a longer story was told over more Videopac cartridges. Martijn make every Mage game bigger and better. Mage3 is 4 times bigger than the original game.  Mage3 feature also fully animated double-resolution sprites for all ingame graphics.  
At Mage 2 you have two cartridges. You will start in the dark or light world, with different levels, layouts, enemy patterns and difficulty accordingly.The light-edition will be slightly easier than Mage1.The dark edition with the red cover will be slightly harder than the first Mage game.
If I were you, I would buy all the games and play them as a full story from Mage1 till Mage3. I love all 3 (4) games from Martijn. It was a great experience, to play such a big story with Videopac.

You could find Wizzy also in the wonderful games Mayhem and Stairrunner. He is really a Revival Studios mascot. But please take also a look to the game DOWN. I never saw a better vertical scrolling in a Videopacgame before. Itīs really fun.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:58:45 AM by TomBeck » Logged

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 11:43:18 AM »

The best were, when you had first played Mage1 (The Enchanted Crystals), than both Mage2 games (The Dark Mirror) and than Mage3 (The Final Journey), because Martijn wanted to tell a little story with this game.
In the first game, Wizzy's father captured a spell inside a crystal and divided it into 4 pieces. Wizzy must collect these pieces and bring them together inside the enchanted chest.
After combining the crystals at the end of Mage1, Wizzy unleashed his fathers spell and opened up a portal to the dark world.
Wizzy can now travel between the two worlds through the use of mirrors. It is up to Wizzy, to find a way back through the mirrors and merge the two worlds.
After Wizzy was trapped between 2 worlds, he was able to find his way back. And now in Mage3 his adventure ends and you must find his father.

All Mage games play pretty much the same. It was the first time, that a longer story was told over more Videopac cartridges. Martijn make every Mage game bigger and better. Mage3 is 4 times bigger than the original game.  Mage3 feature also fully animated double-resolution sprites for all ingame graphics.  
At Mage 2 you have two cartridges. You will start in the dark or light world, with different levels, layouts, enemy patterns and difficulty accordingly.The light-edition will be slightly easier than Mage1.The dark edition with the red cover will be slightly harder than the first Mage game.
If I were you, I would buy all the games and play them as a full story from Mage1 till Mage3. I love all 3 (4) games from Martijn. It was a great experience, to play such a big story with Videopac.

You could find Wizzy also in the wonderful games Mayhem and Stairrunner. He is really a Revival Studios mascot. But please take also a look to the game DOWN. I never saw a better vertical scrolling in a Videopacgame before. Itīs really fun.

Thanks for the rundown, couldn't have said it better myself ;-)

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
lucifershalo
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 07:06:15 PM »

Martijn,
I would like to buy those games
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 09:16:19 PM »

Martijn,
I would like to buy those games

I think, it were the best, you write him a eMail, because he is in the last time not often in this forum.

Hopefully, there you have more luck: info@revival-studios.com

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: