Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
October 18, 2017, 03:56:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Game! Free Food For Fish by Rafael! Pre-order now and overhere!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW RELEASE: AARON THE AANT  (Read 1755 times)
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 05:18:18 PM »

I thought a lot, since yesterday evening, if I write this. Maybe, I am a little bit sensitive at the moment. But I came to the result, it´s better to do, in the hope, that something like this never happen again.

I am really a peaceful guy. It took long to anger me. I never thought, to find something like this at my hobby.
The first bad feeling I had, when I receive „Mean Santa“. The picture at the back side of the manual is really awful. I know, it`s the coverpicture from the Atari2600 version. First of all, it has nothing to do with the game. At no point of the game, Santa threat a young kid with a weapon to give the christmas presents to him. A game like this, I would not buy. Santa is in this game more like the Grinsh. I also don`t want to see the Grinsh with a weapon. So from my point of view, it were better, to make the manual without this picture. But now it`s too late.

But what I was reading now at 2600connection.com, about the Aaron game is the highlight.

Who had the great idea, that the aardvark has the name Aadolf?

I only want to have fun with my hobby. A little bit of tactfulness about our history here in Europe especially here in Germany were desirable. More something like this and although I am a Videopac collector and I won`t buy these games anymore.

2600connection do really a great job. Especially Tim is always very friendly to me and a really nice guy. I know, this all happens in good faith.

Too bad, that english is not my first language. But I hope, I could explain my point of view.

This all, is my own personal opinion and maybe only I had this feelings about this all.

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
mjb
Freedom Fighter

Another Year More Videopac To Colllect

mark.bodiella BarmyfishUK
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 08:49:30 PM »

Can you confirm release date and cartridge number (CR 008?) please Tim
Thanks

timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 02:27:09 PM »

Tom - I never meant to offend anyone. This was not my intention.
The aardvark has that first name, but this relation that you mention never came to mind until this was brought to my attention.
The aardvark bears no resemblance and is not intended to resemble any political figure in European history.

As for Mean Santa, this is the cover of the Atari 2600 release from 2009. I wanted to use this same cover artwork
for the Odyssey2 release, but other artwork was provided. It was my decision to use that artwork on
the back page of the Odyssey2 manual.

I did not realize that these 2 issues you describe would be sensitive to others, and cause others grief. Given the world that we live in today, where things that are offensive of all levels are all around us.

I take responsibility for this, after all, I am the publisher of all three of these games. What do you suggest that I do?

thank you,

Tim

TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 07:25:28 PM »

Hi Tim. Many thanks for your reply.

I will send you a PM.

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 01:01:06 AM »

Hi Tom

I received an email from you. Thank you. I will communicate with you via email.

Something is wrong with the MY MESSAGES section. I can't send a private message.

When I try to send a message I get:

2: mysql_query(): MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/lillixr83/domains/videopac.nl/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 321Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/lillixr83/domains/videopac.nl/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2021

I sent an email to Mark B. and he said he is going to forward this message to Janzl.

thanks,

Tim

Rene_G7400
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 11:02:25 AM »

Something is wrong with the MY MESSAGES section. I can't send a private message.

When I try to send a message I get:

2: mysql_query(): MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/lillixr83/domains/videopac.nl/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 321Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/lillixr83/domains/videopac.nl/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2021

I sometimes get the same error, but when I look in my Outbox I can see that the message has been sent anyway.
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 08:54:21 AM »

Got mine yesterday. Many thanks again to Tim for this contest prize!

Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 11:32:00 PM »

Thanks

This is CR 008 (one would guess), as the last game Chief Chef was 007.

I see this listed for the moment as 010 in the list, but there hasn't been a 09 yet (hopefully soon).

mjb
Freedom Fighter

Another Year More Videopac To Colllect

mark.bodiella BarmyfishUK
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 08:01:26 PM »

Thanks

This is CR 008 (one would guess), as the last game Chief Chef was 007.

I see this listed for the moment as 010 in the list, but there hasn't been a 09 yet (hopefully soon).

Hi Ozyr, yes this is CR008

I am going through your list one releaser at a time, I started with Tim (2600 Connection). I got sidetracked in the last few weeks since my car failed its yearly test and I had to find another with all the hassle and paperwork that comes with it.

CR 009 is currently reserved for 50 foot of celery.

When I get a spare hour, I have 13 alterations for the 2600 Connection listings to put in the list.Then I will check the next supplier.

MJB

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: