Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
July 28, 2017, 01:10:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Order now: STRIKEFORCE by Revival Studios!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another new member introduction  (Read 790 times)
rico
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: February 05, 2017, 01:28:23 PM »

Hi,

Back in 1981 or so I managed to get my first console, the Philips G7000.

Bought it used so I got a bunch of games with it, and at a local Tv-dealer you could rent games so I played a few more.

The last game I bought was Freedom Fighters and I still can not figure out why I never got Munchkin.

Any way, I still have the console with all the games, but the power supply doesn't work and the joysticks are somewhat malfunctioning.

A couple of years ago Munchkin got mentioned in a retro group on Facebook and I decided to do a port to the C64. Time issues and that thing called life have been in the way but I am still working on it and progress have been good lately.

And I finally bought the Munchkin castingen, hope to get it the coming week (french only version though).

So maybe now is the time to see if I can get the G7000 up and running again.

And who knows, getting into coding the G7000 seems a bit tempting as well...
Rene_G7400
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 12:19:20 PM »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Elias
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 04:38:41 PM »

Hi,

Back in 1981 or so I managed to get my first console, the Philips G7000.

Bought it used so I got a bunch of games with it, and at a local Tv-dealer you could rent games so I played a few more.

The last game I bought was Freedom Fighters and I still can not figure out why I never got Munchkin.

Any way, I still have the console with all the games, but the power supply doesn't work and the joysticks are somewhat malfunctioning.

A couple of years ago Munchkin got mentioned in a retro group on Facebook and I decided to do a port to the C64. Time issues and that thing called life have been in the way but I am still working on it and progress have been good lately.

And I finally bought the Munchkin castingen, hope to get it the coming week (french only version though).

So maybe now is the time to see if I can get the G7000 up and running again.

And who knows, getting into coding the G7000 seems a bit tempting as well...
Welcome! You can find enough information on this forum about repairing videopac-joysticks.
VideopacBelgium
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 08:31:37 PM »

WELCOME ! Smiley

Videopac digger
rico
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 08:39:34 PM »

Thanks you all   Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: