Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
April 25, 2017, 02:48:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Norseman  (Read 284 times)
Laura
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: March 03, 2017, 05:02:15 PM »

Hi everyone and sorry for my english Smiley

I downloaded o2em v. 1.20 beta from the link I found on your forum site - "Christmas 2011's gift" Smiley - for Windows 10 and I got roms.
It is fantastic.
I've problems only with Norseman, that is my favourite game and the reason why I looked for Videopac emulator.
The problem is that the man doesn't move correctly: it is really slow when I move right and if I move with "the gold", he doesn't move at all on right direction. IT works only on the left, up and down.
The problem is the same with keyboard keys or with a joystick.
All the other games I tried (Pickaxe Pete, Superbee and Turtles) work perfectly on every direction.

I tried to read your forum, I tried to read manuals too, but I found nothing about a problem with this game; and if there's something I have to do that's written in the manual, I admitt that it's a little too technical for me Sad

Can anyone help me, telling me what I have to do to?

Thanks and sorry again.
Laura
Rafael
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 01:36:21 PM »

Hi Laura.

Norseman is a masterpiece. Wink
But thatīs strange, I always played Norseman here, in all O2em version and never had this kind of problem.
I hope Manopac, our O2em guru, can help.
Sorry for my english, too (youīre not alone)
Welcome!

Laura

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 02:00:01 PM »

Thanks Rafael, I wait for manopac :-)
I thought also the problem could be the rom file, I downloaded it many times from different sites but the problem is always there.. and I cant play it  Cry
Rafael

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 02:12:28 PM »

Have you tried to alternate the control pressing "F7" Huh?
Laura

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 05:52:42 PM »

Have you tried to alternate the control pressing "F7" Huh?

I try to explain what happens.
When I start playing, default commands for this game are arrow keys and L, and it doesn't work: as I said it's very slow and can't move to right if I'm carrying the golden helmet.
If I play F7, new commands are aswd and space, and it works really better.
I normally use joystick, but it sets joystick as player1, so it doesn't work.
I'd like to set joystick as Player2 command, so that I can try to start game, then press f7, and I can see if then it works with joystick but... I'm not able to do it. Sad
Rafael

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 04:17:25 PM »

Actually Mame also emulating Odyssey/Videopac. Iīm not sure the itīs actual stage since I not MAME user (for Ody emulation)
Maybe itīs worth a try Huh?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: