Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
October 18, 2017, 03:48:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Console Box Replicas/ Reproductions  (Read 3504 times)
Leonardobiagi
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2017, 04:19:07 AM »

Dutch name "De avonturen van Sherlock Holmes"

I sent you the back text, but I just realized there's no back text on videopac master strategy games... So, when I get substantial text from the instruction, I'll send it to you, ok? And please ignore that back text...

Thanks again
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2017, 07:10:34 AM »

Will do, had just started translating it.

8 bits of fun
Leonardobiagi

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2017, 03:24:59 AM »

I thought I could give a break on the Sherlock Holmes project and post my new finished project that follows the name on the topic. I've finished the art for my The Voice box and I'm thinking about assemble it by myself, since I can't find the right place to print or even the right cardboard. I'm posting the link for the imgur album and soon I'll post picture sof the first attempt on the box itself.
Thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/xXWmo
Leonardobiagi

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2017, 04:27:32 AM »

The The Voice boxes are ready!! Both big and mini. As I said before I decided to go full guerilla style on the box so, instead of looking for a place to print it all in one piece, I printed each face separately. First I assembled the box itself with the cardboard. Just plain, with no art. Then I glued each side and glue black tape on the edges. I never thought it would work, so I didn't take any pictures of the process, but it turned out really great and I'm very happy with my box. I consider this project done. Now on to the styrofoam part.

Here are the pics.

http://imgur.com/a/xXWmo

Thanks again.
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2017, 12:28:17 PM »

Looking really really nice!

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Leonardobiagi

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2017, 10:34:50 PM »

Looking really really nice!

Thanks!!!
And now for the Videopac version (please note that the number after Videopac is a random number, and if anyone should know wich one would be the correct one, please tell me and I correct it)(all the way to the bottom of the link) http://imgur.com/a/z6aTc
minodk
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2017, 12:48:40 PM »

The O2 looks really good.

I am wondering why you want to create a Videopac variant, the last boxed games was not released in a Videopac variant. To stay true to O2/VP I would say you should only create the O2 variant.

If you want to create a VP box, then it should look very different - google videopac 41 and videopac 42 for examples.

Keep up the good work.
Leonardobiagi

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2017, 05:01:25 PM »

The O2 looks really good.

I am wondering why you want to create a Videopac variant, the last boxed games was not released in a Videopac variant. To stay true to O2/VP I would say you should only create the O2 variant.

If you want to create a VP box, then it should look very different - google videopac 41 and videopac 42 for examples.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you minodk, that's exactly the kind of tip/ help I need. The Videopac idea was to give options for those in Europe who would want some variant, but it's not something certain yet, maybe we can put as an option on the time of the release. I'll try and make a different version like the one of The Quest (with a different color background, for instance, then you can continue with your inputs.
As always, I really appreciatte the comments and ideas, this is what will make this release a worthy one.
Leonardobiagi

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2017, 09:59:39 PM »

Hello everybody, I'm coming out of the shadows again to give you a deserved update on The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. For personal reasons (good, excelent reasons, I had a new girl born 3 months ago) it's been really difficult to focus on the project so I can help at home on my free time. But things are starting to return to normality and I'm hoping to return to the project real soon. Other thing is that Rafa was finishing hist thesis and I felt I was taking too much of his time and wanted to leave him alone. And yet another reason was that I got a 3d printer to make the chips and tokens, because the idea was to make exclusive and personalized tokens and chips for the game and it's been hell to pay... For some reason, I can't get the small pieces to finish even in a medium quality so I can make them better on post production, but I'm getting a new printer and will try with it. Big pieces are fine. I've been the last 3 months trying to figure out the reason, but no success.
Anyway, the reason we've been quiet is all my fault and I'm here to apologize and say that the project is in full speed yet (we have almost everything ready to start production) but it stopped for the reasons I mentioned. And it was all my fault.
Thanks for your patience and for your time.
Janzl
Administrator

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2017, 08:02:00 AM »

Take your time Leonardo, we have alle been waiting for than 30 years so we can wait some more!  Cheesy

And congratulations with the birth of your little girl, I hope all goes well and that you still get some sleep Wink

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Rafael

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2017, 03:51:33 PM »

Other thing is that Rafa was finishing hist thesis and I felt I was taking too much of his time and wanted to leave him alone.

Leo, acttually I finished my thesis, jut waiting for the final test. But I always have a time for Odyssey Smiley
On other side, recently my PC "died" I trying to reorganize my things and soon IŽll be returning 100% to SH.
Leonardobiagi

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2017, 05:55:49 PM »

Take your time Leonardo, we have alle been waiting for than 30 years so we can wait some more!  Cheesy

And congratulations with the birth of your little girl, I hope all goes well and that you still get some sleep Wink

Thanks Janzi, I actually don't know what sleep is anymore, but I remember it's something nice that feels good right? But the joy of having two beautiful little girls (the other one is 3 years old) really pys for everything else...
Leonardobiagi

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2017, 05:58:01 PM »

Other thing is that Rafa was finishing hist thesis and I felt I was taking too much of his time and wanted to leave him alone.

Leo, acttually I finished my thesis, jut waiting for the final test. But I always have a time for Odyssey Smiley
On other side, recently my PC "died" I trying to reorganize my things and soon IŽll be returning 100% to SH.

Nice to know it Rafa, and how did it go?
I think the next step for us is to meet in person. I just want to wait until my new printer arrives so I have some stuff to show you and then we make the final decisions. Maybe mid september.
Rafael

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2017, 04:55:26 PM »

Nice to know it Rafa, and how did it go?
I think the next step for us is to meet in person. I just want to wait until my new printer arrives so I have some stuff to show you and then we make the final decisions. Maybe mid september.
[/quote]

IŽm not sure yet. My expectation is to take a final test next week (09/16), so we can schedule a meeting for some Sherlock tests.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: