Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
April 20, 2019, 04:57:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frank M. Polosky  (Read 1506 times)
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: April 28, 2017, 09:17:25 AM »

Today, I opened my folder, with my correspondence with the Philips club "Commander Rom". Oh, what great memories. My last letter from Philips was not from the Commander Rom Club, it came from Philips at 9. January 1987. In my letter, I ask, why the canceld my beloved Videopac system. The answer I send with a picture. They told me, that the Videopac were replaced by the Philips Family Computer. And because, I have so much fun with my Videopac, they make a gift to me: 2 new Videopac games. Oh my god, I get so many Videopacs, manuals and Videopac plastic cases for free in that time. Because of all that, I love Philips till today.

In this folder were also my whole correspondence with Dieter from CCC and all my letters to Frank M. Polosky. My first letter to him were at 12.April 1995. After that, I receive his small magazin "Video Magic". Some of them, you see on the picture. Ever when Odyssey 2 games were in, I make an order. Without Paypal, I put money in an envelope and order games. What I receive from him were almost in good or very good quality. Many of my Odyssey 2 games in my collection are from Frank.

Does anybody know, what happend with him? Is he still in the retro game market?

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 12:36:00 PM »

Very interesting. Unfortunately I have never heard about Frank. Maybe others will know.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
scottith
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 03:47:30 AM »

I remember receiving his Video Magic catalog for a few years.  The catalog was all cut & pasted together and photocopied. Wish I kept some of them. I just stopped receiving them from him one day.  He was based in Pittsburgh, PA and looks like he's still there:

https://www.intelius.com/people-search/Frank-M-Polosky/Pittsburgh-PA

According to that site, he's 70 years old.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:54:59 AM by scottith » Logged
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:14:49 PM »

Thanks for the info Scott.   Smiley    Till today, I had all his Video Magic catalogs he send to me.

I had wonderful memories about that time. It was an adventure to buy games from the US in that time.
Every time the hope, that he get his money in my envelope.

And I had never problems with him.
I wish him all the best.

scottith
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 01:59:33 AM »

Here's a copy of his ad from the 2600 Connection newsletter.
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 06:50:18 PM »

Thanks again Scott.

Yes. That must be from Frank. He has his own style. Today it look a little bit funny,
but I loved his Video Magic. Wink

Here is a picture from one of his Odyssey2 pages.

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 11:28:35 AM »

What a great archive of stuff, never heard of this guy before.

I have 12"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: