Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 09, 2019, 06:18:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friendly competition!  (Read 14859 times)
pacdoc
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 12:08:41 AM »

Hi friends   Wink

Yes, I am the "new one" in this forum. Sorry for my "late" first posting and also sorry for bad english - I am an austrian collector (manopac mentioned it) and some members know me maybe from the Austro Con 2002.

I am really fascinated from the games of my childhood here (months and years I played in gambling halls) - so I played and played  - and I had never time to post. Smiley

Well, ozyr ? I never believed to reach more than 20000 - 30000 with Invaders but this one time it was a lucky game. I know I will never reach it again ? believe me.

OdyPactris is very fast now ? so I never can reach manopac here ? I think ? but I try  Cheesy

It? s really a funny competition here and no fight ? we only want to play

I see that manopac is now our ?Donkey King? ? a little competition between ccc and manopac let me think on the video we have seen last time. Who will be the real ?Donkey King? ?  Roll Eyes

Videopac was the system of my childhood ? therefore it will ever be in my heart. The next step then was Sinclair Spectrum and QL.

Thank you for these wonderful games and the forum.  Kiss

Pac doc
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 12:28:26 AM »

Hi PacDoc,

Welcome to the forum. I think most of the people here got "stuck" in their videogame childhood. So this forum is a nice playground, especially with the Arcade  Grin.

Well, wish you all the luck playing and hope to see you around.

Ps If you like spectrum and old arcade-hall games, their are some nice emulators around.

Janzl

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 12:49:41 AM »

he is :-) one of the austrian collectors and he was also present at the "Tutankham release party" ... and don't worry janzl, he will not beat your girls highscore, I will ... (now that I reclaimed my donkey kong top spot ...)

He will beat you all!!!

Shocked

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 01:07:50 AM »

PS: the video pac doc was talking about was "King of Kong" btw, if you haven't seen it, you really should ... we had a few good laughs at our last meeting  Grin

sex, lies, and videopac
pacdoc

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 01:58:49 AM »

PS: the video pac doc was talking about was "King of Kong" btw, if you haven't seen it, you really should ... we had a few good laughs at our last meeting  Grin

Oh,yes -  sorry:  "King of Kong" is the correct name of the video. Roll Eyes

Well - who will be the "King of Kong" at the end of this year ?

Any bets ?

pacdoc

P.S: I can also make a movie about this compedition with my videocam.
       The name: "The little King of Kong 2007"
        Let?s make a movie and have fun Wink Wink
pacdoc

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 02:02:59 AM »

he is :-) one of the austrian collectors and he was also present at the "Tutankham release party" ... and don't worry janzl, he will not beat your girls highscore, I will ... (now that I reclaimed my donkey kong top spot ...)

He will beat you all!!!

Shocked

Oh no, if you say it to me - no - I am too bad - Invaders was really a lucky chance. Cheesy

pacdoc
pacdoc

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 02:12:14 AM »

Hi PacDoc,

Welcome to the forum. I think most of the people here got "stuck" in their videogame childhood. So this forum is a nice playground, especially with the Arcade  Grin.

Well, wish you all the luck playing and hope to see you around.

Ps If you like spectrum and old arcade-hall games, their are some nice emulators around.

Janzl

Hi Janzl,

thanks, I have some emulators and it is really a good idea from all the retro-fans to live on the old systems in this way - but sometimes -  I have to play the games with the original hardware - these moments give me the real feeling back. Smiley

pacdoc
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 02:12:19 AM »

Oh no, if you say it to me - no - I am too bad - Invaders was really a lucky chance. Cheesy

pacdoc

Ha! Just being funny, and trying to keep manopac on his toes.

Lucky or not, that is how you do it. I've been lucky on some of these games, but the Tetris game - for some reason I suck at this one. It goes okay, until I make one goof, then it goes kablam!

pacdoc

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 02:20:44 AM »

pacdoc

Lucky or not, that is how you do it. I've been lucky on some of these games, but the Tetris game - for some reason I suck at this one. It goes okay, until I make one goof, then it goes kablam!

Hihi !

I know the problem - Level 14,15,16 on so on - too fast for me if you are not on the bottom or if you make a mistake - THE END

And therefore at the moment manopac is als the "King of Tetris"   Sad

pacdoc
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 09:51:38 AM »

P.S: I can also make a movie about this compedition with my videocam.
       The name: "The little King of Kong 2007"
        Let?s make a movie and have fun Wink Wink

Godd idea for our next meeting! ;-)

Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 10:02:19 AM »

Where can we see this King of Kong video?

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
pacdoc

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 12:32:15 PM »

Where can we see this King of Kong video?

I think it was a DVD. In USA maybe also in the cinemas. Manopac help me - is this correct ?

pacdoc

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 04:31:30 PM »

I think it was a DVD. In USA maybe also in the cinemas. Manopac help me - is this correct ?

Yes, it was played in select movie theaters/cinema's in the US.  I tried to talk my wife into going but after reading the review she had no interest, she's not a gamer  Sad

I don't know if it is still playing, I doubt it.  We have 4 Movie Theaters in town and only one of them had it.  Give it another 6 month's and it should be on DVD here in the USA.
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 05:55:16 PM »

it's supposed to be out on DVD on 2008/01/28

sex, lies, and videopac
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 06:49:01 PM »

As I leave the country for a 3-month-trip in less than two weeks, I have to set as many top-positions as possible ... not that any one of those is likely to stay until I am back  Wink

sex, lies, and videopac
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: