Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 11, 2017, 09:54:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: videopac / odyssey2 cartridge shells?  (Read 814 times)
Mux
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: August 13, 2017, 02:28:18 AM »

Hi everyone!

Anyone know who's making reproductions of O2 / G7000 cartridge shells?

Cheers!

-Mux
VideopacBelgium
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 02:55:58 PM »

Hi.
A few years ago, we said:
http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=2268.0

Videopac digger
Mux

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 07:10:06 PM »

Thanks!

While 3D printing is one way, costs have come down considerably if you outsource to China. Does anyone know if anyone created cad files for the carts?

-Mux
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 11:35:25 PM »

If anyone attempted this, the cost would most likely be thousands just for the mold. I don't see this happening, unless someone wins the Lottery or such. JHMO.

Mux

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 12:55:06 AM »

It depends..

Moulds can be done cheaply in China (<$1000) and the volume determines the end price. For homebrew cartridges, it'd be worth pooling money together and creating custom ones IMO.

-Mux
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 09:11:48 PM »

It depends..

Moulds can be done cheaply in China (<$1000) and the volume determines the end price. For homebrew cartridges, it'd be worth pooling money together and creating custom ones IMO.

-Mux

No offense, but I'd like to see the proof on this. I've talked with a good amount of folk in the home brew business, and molds are damn expensive. If it can be done more cost effectively, I'm all for it, and would partly sponsor it too!

Mux

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »

They *are* expensive if you get them done in the US. Mainland China is cheaper. I got my information from Piko Interactive, who's done runs before...

But yeah, it's only really do-able if you either have money to burn or pool money together.

-Mux
Leonardobiagi

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 04:04:47 AM »

I have a 3D printer and would gladly try and print one (sand it and polish it) and then try to make a silicon mold of it. I'm still having trouble managing the printer with smalls objects(very, very hard to get the quality I was aiming) (the only reason you haven't heard any more updates on the Sherlock Holmes project, which is up and running but just got this bump in the way of making the chips, because we want to make really excellent and personalized chips), the big pieces are way way easier to do. Two problems: I'm not a 3D designer yet, so I'm not able to make the 3D file, so we would need someone to design it (or if someone would want to open, measure (exact measurements) and take pictures (here I go again) of the cart, I can try to do it. #2 I never made a silicone mold as well, but watched so many tutorials that I think I can do it in the first few tries. That way I can calculate (try to) the individual cost of it. It would be for small amounts since it's a job where we would make one by one. And this is for the plastic part, there's a metal part if I'm not mistaken, that maybe can be made out of plastic as well, I don't know, you guys are the experts.
Another thing, I made a 3D file for the box (protective case) but I'm yet to print it as well. When I do, I'll post pictures.
Anyway, that's my thoughts on that and what I can try to do.
VideopacBelgium
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »

3 years ago I've made a shell for a "double ender" cartridge.
http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=2383.0

Videopac digger
Leonardobiagi

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2017, 09:50:02 PM »

3 years ago I've made a shell for a "double ender" cartridge.
http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=2383.0

Did you get to make more of them? Did the project have any progress?
I took the measurements of the outer part of the case, but I don't know how to open a cart and I'm afraid to break it. If someone could explain it to me I can try and open it.
Rene_G7400
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 05:00:49 PM »

You need to remove the label to access the two screws that hold the two parts of the cart together.
Leonardobiagi

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 06:00:30 PM »

You need to remove the label to access the two screws that hold the two parts of the cart together.

Thanks Rene, I actually didn't think it would have screws, I thought it was just snapping. But then again, if I payed a little more attention on marcs double ended 3d printed pictures I would be able to figured that out...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: