Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
November 13, 2019, 07:18:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dieter König vs. Retro Gamer  (Read 2607 times)
TomBeck
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: November 17, 2017, 08:30:39 PM »

They answered again.

This time, the german Retro Gamer answered Dieter Königs letter, because he wrote, that they rate our Parker Frogger for Videopac really bad. In issue 4/2017 they wrote, that this game were primitive and loveless. Dieter wrote also, that the editor of this article, didn`t play the game and that their reserach were usualy better.

They answered, that it could be, that our game were good for our plattform, but that this article exclusive discribe the arcade machine and compare it to our version. They didn`t mean, that the game were primitive and loveless at all.

That´s really a strange answer, because they wrote, that our game were primitive and loveless.

The funniest thing is, that I also wrote a letter to them, because of Frogger, but this time Dieter won.  Cheesy

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Rafael
Pedit5
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 12:05:24 AM »

Dieter a true Videopac Warrior Cheesy
Since the 80's many critics have some resistance to the Odyssey and apparently played with some disregard, little will and prejudice.
I remember a criticism in those days, I think I already commented here, about an Atari game called "Condor Attack".
The writer wrote that the game was so ugly that it deserved to be an Odyssey game.
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 10:33:00 AM »

Thanks for posting this Thomas! I have a RG subscription, but haven't received the latest issue yet.

Well, the RG reply to my email is just lame and I stay on my point - the editor simply did not play the game - "Videopac = bad, so this Frogger version must be bad too". That's it.

In my opinion Frogger on the Videopac plays just great and for me it brings the same fun as the arcade version. Point.

Btw: Got a message from "Mister VCS" on the AA forum - he also wrote an email with a complaint to RG regarding their Videopac Frogger statement. You see, even the Atari fraction doesn't think that Videopac Frogger is bad!  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: