Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
November 21, 2019, 09:31:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad mod for C52/02?  (Read 2823 times)
jepage44
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: December 09, 2017, 12:35:34 AM »

Hi everybody

I am 37 years old and live in France, I recover the old console "videopac C52 / 03" of my father that I repair for Christmas
I realized a pcb (with modification on the vbl and hbl entry) according to the indications of a German site:

https://circuit-board.de/forum/index.php/Thread/18841-Philips-G7000-Variation-C52-RGB-Mod/

I have no signal on my flat screen (with scart) but I have an unsynchronized image on an old TV tube cathode.

I am a beginner in electronic (it's my first eagle schematic)
I dont know if the connection points are the right ones and if the schématic i have made it's OK.

in attachment, the photos and schema I used to make the RGB MOD.

can you give me some advice?

Thanks

Jerome P.
jepage44

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 12:42:00 AM »

Her the schématic (i found this one on another web site) and the PCB of the C52
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 10:58:42 PM »

Could you show a picture of the "unsynchronized image on an old TV tube cathode" ?
jepage44

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 09:03:13 PM »

hello rene

thank you for answering my call 😀

here is a photo on my cathode ray tv.

on the other hand I have a doubt about its good functioning. my video recorder works badly in rgb ..
M'y another tv don t work on  rgb, Only composit mode

jepage44

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 09:13:15 PM »

I tested the soluion evoked in this topic:

http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=1180.30

it was a little better, but still no sync.

I get another cathode TV whith peritel work good for 22/12, I hope I can run the console to offer for Christmas  😀

Sorry for my english, i use google trad
gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 06:16:58 AM »

Seems like you are missing the sync signal on the scart/peritel input.

Check if you have connected the composite sync output of the mod board to the video input (pin 20) on the scart/peritel connector (this can be confusing since for composite video and audio there are inputs and  outputs on the scart/peritel connector but for RGB you only have inputs)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:52:30 PM by gertk » Logged

>>G7000 G7200(P+S) G7400 N60 JET27 VG5000 ZX80 ZX81 ORIC-1 COMX35 Aquarius<<
kokkiklhs

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 08:35:20 AM »

Digging this thread out after a long time, but as gertk stated above, it must be a confusion with your cable connections!

This definitely happens when you use a READY SCART/SCART cable rather than building a new one from scratch (using 2 male 21pin connectors and a piece of cable).

So I assume here that you used a ready-made cable to spare you some time with solderings etc., (I usually do the same) but in this case have in mind that the Input/Output signals are REVERSED from one end to another, for obvious reasons.

So, where your instructions say PIN20 (CSYNC) you should attach PIN19 to the other end.
Same for the sound, where the instructions say PIN2+PIN6, you should attach PIN1+PIN3 when using a ready-made cable. Wink

Last but not least, if you want your TV set to automatically switch to SCART input when you power up the VP, you should also attach PIN8 of the SCART connector to your mains DC input on the board (BEFORE it becomes 5VDC for the rest of the circuit). This point gives a current of >11VDC, so the automatic switch on your TV (~12VDC needed) will work without the need to set it up manually for SCART input!
 Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: