Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 20, 2018, 03:03:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOWER TURTLES - TARTARUGAS 2  (Read 1141 times)
Doug
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 10:00:14 PM »

Just got my copy... awesome game!  I love how the colors are better for contrast than the original (especially night mode), and the new mazes.  I got to level 5 but died before I could place the bomb, so I guess I haven't tested the new features of the upper levels yet.  (The one new feature I'm not understanding is having hidden beetles sometimes jump over the back wall of their pen.  Why?)

If you want to know, though, there are a few grammatical errors in the English language manual.
1. Instruction #4 "Once you've saved all the baby turtlets your turtle may go up to the next floor"... I think that should be "will" go up to the next floor
2. Under "Gaming Configurations", it says that after destroying the maze from the 5th to 8th floors "You will hear sounds at any time".  Huh?
3. Under "Pause" you wrote that, to leave pause mode, "Just press the "R" key or move one of the joysticks the leave pause mode" - I think you meant "to" leave pause mode

The other thing is, the manual suggests that during pause mode you can interact with the game by pressing V, B, N, or M (by picturing those keys), but then only says that N toggles night mode on and off.  Is this a mistake, or did you keep the effects of V, B, and M mysterious on purpose? 

Anyhow, everyone reading this, if you loved Turtles, this is worth it for the better colors and pause feature alone... and I haven't even tried the special bomb and teleport features of the upper levels yet...

Luciano
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 10:05:47 PM »

You are to be congratulated!!!
Already realized the objectives of the Remake that I developed  Cheesy

Yes, the hidden beetle jump over the back wall of their pen, I explain:
In the original game you get to have an extra beetle on the screen and you get only 80 points for it (sad) ... I made the game difficult allowing the beetle to escape the turtle not to be immobilized but in exchange for this and also to have another beetle chasing the turtle, receives 400 points on your score !!!  Cool

Thank you for your help in English, I will consider your comments.

About keys B, N, or M (by picturing those keys), yes, there is a mysterious on purpose  Huh?

If you are having fun, I think you will love the seventh floor and the Terraces  Roll Eyes

Just got my copy... awesome game!  I love how the colors are better for contrast than the original (especially night mode), and the new mazes.  I got to level 5 but died before I could place the bomb, so I guess I haven't tested the new features of the upper levels yet.  (The one new feature I'm not understanding is having hidden beetles sometimes jump over the back wall of their pen.  Why?)

If you want to know, though, there are a few grammatical errors in the English language manual.
1. Instruction #4 "Once you've saved all the baby turtlets your turtle may go up to the next floor"... I think that should be "will" go up to the next floor
2. Under "Gaming Configurations", it says that after destroying the maze from the 5th to 8th floors "You will hear sounds at any time".  Huh?
3. Under "Pause" you wrote that, to leave pause mode, "Just press the "R" key or move one of the joysticks the leave pause mode" - I think you meant "to" leave pause mode

The other thing is, the manual suggests that during pause mode you can interact with the game by pressing V, B, N, or M (by picturing those keys), but then only says that N toggles night mode on and off.  Is this a mistake, or did you keep the effects of V, B, and M mysterious on purpose? 

Anyhow, everyone reading this, if you loved Turtles, this is worth it for the better colors and pause feature alone... and I haven't even tried the special bomb and teleport features of the upper levels yet...

Luciano
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 04:27:56 PM »

Work on Pal G7000, but have a diference in the Title Screen, see...

do we know the price?

does it work on Pal G7400+ ?
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 09:19:32 PM »

This "difference" seems to me, that the game doesn`t work 100% correct on PAL systems.  Undecided

Any other bugs in the game  Huh?

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 01:08:29 AM »

This "difference" seems to me, that the game doesn`t work 100% correct on PAL systems.  Undecided

Any other bugs in the game  Huh?

However, sometimes the bug passes over a bomb without being affected. it's frustrating.  Cry

Videopac digger
Doug
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 04:05:26 AM »

I haven't noticed any bugs in the NTSC version, except the bugs chasing my turtle.
Luciano
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 11:59:18 PM »

playing...
https://youtu.be/0kIyzvD6cpc
Luciano
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 04:50:05 PM »

Huh?  Tips and Cheats for Tower Turtles... coming soon!  Wink
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 05:53:35 PM »

Huh?  Tips and Cheats for Tower Turtles... coming soon!  Wink

Oh no ... do not give tips & cheats !

I've some cheats, I've finished all the game too easily.
And I will never play it anymore.

Videopac digger
Luciano
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2018, 04:56:47 AM »

Huh?  Tips and Cheats for Tower Turtles... coming soon!  Wink

Oh no ... do not give tips & cheats !

I've some cheats, I've finished all the game too easily.
And I will never play it anymore.

They are announced functions in my rules game but are hidden, are part of the game, activated through the keyboard, and that need to be informed to the collectors soon for full use of the game.
Luciano
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:29:34 AM »

TIP *** KEYBOARD INTERACTS WITH THE GAME *** TIP
During the pause of the game, type: "BO".
You will hear a sonic "beep".
Resume the game... the turtle can drop bombs whenever you want.

Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: