Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 11, 2018, 10:42:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linguaduc  (Read 1281 times)
Rafael
Pedit5
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« on: April 16, 2018, 12:35:03 AM »

I remember seeing a pamphlet here about Linguaduc where, even though it had a different control, I think there was a label for a wheelchair. Does anyone remember that Huh? Huh?
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:54:42 AM »

This is my cartridge.

Videopac digger
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 12:58:44 AM »

I found this. But I think the links dosn`t work anymore....  Sad

http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=1265.0

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
VideopacBelgium

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:50:28 PM »

The pamphlet:

Videopac digger
daddy_scott
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 03:21:22 PM »

I'm not familiar with this cart. Can someone give me some background on it? What is it for? What is the significance of the wheelchair?
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 01:10:05 AM »

The pamphlet:

Kiss

I had some photos of curious items somewhere. If anyone also has a photo of that Arcade machine with Odyssey games? Roll Eyes
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 01:11:25 AM »

I'm not familiar with this cart. Can someone give me some background on it? What is it for? What is the significance of the wheelchair?

I think it was a cartridge designed for the physically disabled to communicate with a single touch.

daddy_scott
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 02:15:16 AM »

I think it was a cartridge designed for the physically disabled to communicate with a single touch.

That would be cool. Do you know if it would work in my US console? I'd love to take a look at one since I work with disabled children.
VideopacBelgium

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 04:29:45 PM »

That would be cool. Do you know if it would work in my US console? I'd love to take a look at one since I work with disabled children.

LINGUADUC doesn't work on NTSC consoles  Sad

Videopac digger
daddy_scott
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 05:53:57 PM »

Do you have the cartridge? If so, can you put up a video of it in use for me? I'm really curious about how it works.
VideopacBelgium

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 11:11:41 PM »

This is the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UrIDCC73IE

Videopac digger
daddy_scott
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 12:32:52 AM »

Thanks! How is that different than Type N Tell? Or Keyboard Creations?
VideopacBelgium

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 02:29:56 PM »

Thanks! How is that different than Type N Tell? Or Keyboard Creations?
Type & Tell: You type a word on the keyboard and the voice module speaks.

Keyboard creation: You type text on the keyboard and it is displayed by scrolling on the screen.

Linguaduc: A second person selects the cursor speed on the keyboard (0-9) and the disabled person can select the letter when the cursor is on it to form a word. Using the action button only (or another system like the detector that is connected to a sensitive sensor that sends a pulse to the Videopac computer when the sensor is touched with the tongue or finger). There appears to be the only cheapest communication system in the 1980s for paraplegics / quadriplegics persons.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:05:56 PM by VideopacBelgium » Logged

Videopac digger
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 08:46:59 PM »

Philips told us in the past, Videopac is more than just a videogame. And it`s true.

Programms like Traffic 1 and 2 for schools and Linguaduc for disabled persons are unique for that time.  Cool

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
daddy_scott
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 09:34:04 PM »

Thanks for the explanation. Having never seen the Linguaduc cart in action, I had no frame of reference.

Sounds like a very cool idea. I do a lot of work with kids that don't have language capabilities. Normally, I try sign language first, but I've also taught the use of speech generating devices on mobile devices. And this definitely sounds like it was a precursor to those kinds of things. It is a shame that I can't play with it myself.

Now, about those Traffic games. Is there a YouTube video of them? Again, more curiosity.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: