Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
August 21, 2018, 04:36:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ODYSSEY EXPERIENCE - NEW ODYSSEY WEBSITE  (Read 378 times)
Rafael
Pedit5
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« on: June 21, 2018, 02:09:19 PM »

Today is the premiere of the new Odyssey website: Odyssey Experience.

The site was developed by our friend Ricardo Silva, who was also the one who developed the cover of Haunted Woods! Ricardo is one of the biggest fans of the console I've had the pleasure to meet, is one of the few people whose eyes sparkle when he hears the word Odyssey and the result is reflected in the caprice and beauty of the site. At the moment the site is only in Portuguese, but it is worth taking a look. One of the highlights are the Odyssey commercials including one of my favorites, Turtles! Cool Cool Cool

www.experienciaodyssey.com.br
Luciano
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 03:32:18 PM »

EXPERIENCIA ODYSSEY

Ricardo's Site is the result of years of love and affection for our Odyssey.
Only the passion to do something so unique and in line with Philips quality standard.
Congratulations Ricardo !!!

With the same ideal and dedication of the former Site Odyssey Manial of ours also friend Marcelo Ribeiro.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:37:36 PM by Luciano » Logged
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 10:43:22 PM »

Wow !!! I love this website.   Kiss   All is so colorful and look so wonderful, like my favorite videogame system really is.

This is the first page, in my eyes, that fulfill all my expectations for this amazing videogame.  Cool

I can read..... nothing, but what I could see is more than enough.

I love to see all the great homebrews from all around the world. But I think, he uses the wrong cover for KTAA.

I have also a version with this cover, because it`s an amazing cover, but Packrat uses an other one. But that`s only
a very small mistake. Maybe I find more.  Cheesy

And now, I go back to EXPERIENCIA ODYSSEY.  Wink

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
TomBeck
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 12:20:04 AM »

And the Turtles commercial is the highlight of the week for me.   Cool Cool Cool Cool

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 12:27:24 AM »

Wow !!! I love this website.   Kiss   All is so colorful and look so wonderful, like my favorite videogame system really is.

This is the first page, in my eyes, that fulfill all my expectations for this amazing videogame.  Cool

I can read..... nothing, but what I could see is more than enough.

I love to see all the great homebrews from all around the world. But I think, he uses the wrong cover for KTAA.

I have also a version with this cover, because it`s an amazing cover, but Packrat uses an other one. But that`s only
a very small mistake. Maybe I find more.  Cheesy

And now, I go back to EXPERIENCIA ODYSSEY.  Wink

Yes, Tom.
A study is currently being done on new games, which, which versions to include and how to classify them. This is a bit complicated, for example: 4 versions of Mission Impossible, where theoretically there would be: 1 official game, 2 reproductions and a hack?  But we do not yet know if it is valid to include each variation of the game since the term Homebrew is quite generic. For example: Is Frogger Plus a game to be cataloged? In short, there are several issues to be corrected / correct, but the first step is taken. Ideas Huh? Huh?
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 12:37:54 AM »

And the Turtles commercial is the highlight of the week for me.   Cool Cool Cool Cool

Donīt forget to check the pages of the games in the official collection. There is beautiful artwork in each of them.
Ricardo Lizarelli
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 02:21:26 AM »

A great work of passion for our odyssey here in Brazil! fantastic!  Smiley

Odyssey mais desafio em cada jogo!
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 02:47:20 PM »

We know that Magnavox / Philips did not want to invest in popular movie / comic book etc franchises. In the USA, this only happened in the end of Odyssey life with the almost unknown Power Lords. Brazilians and Europeans had to make adaptations. Around here, Pick Axe Pete turned Didi into a very popular character at the time. While,  in Europe, Attack of the Timelord turned into Terrahawks. Something we recently discovered is that our Philips tried to associate the game Conquest Of The World with the movie War Games, in fact, I believe that it just has not changed the title of the game for a temporary matter. Still, even if the game predates the movie, Philips in its advertisements said that the game was inspired by the movie. There were even cartridge boxes that had glue patches on the film, and even the movie's display advertisements contained information about "Conquest of The World." Some material from this story can be seen in the new article on "experienciaodyssey"

http://experienciaodyssey.com.br/jogosdeguerra/
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 08:50:46 PM »

Seems i have to work on my Portugues now. Nice looking site.

8 bits of fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: