Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 01, 2020, 03:11:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finishing games  (Read 5150 times)
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: November 18, 2007, 09:38:36 PM »

Just a little question. I keep finding myself not finishing games. A lot of games i start and halfway i start playing a other game. Maybe because i have to many games, but i think i only finished about 10 or so games.
Call of duty 1 PC
Call of duty 3 PS3
Ace combat PS2
Dukes of hazard for PS1
Under a killing moon PC
Day of the tentacle PC
Full Throttle PC
Flight of the amazone PC
Need For Speed Underground PC

So i made a list of games that i DO want to finish before buying new games
Gun PS2
GTA San Andreas PS2 i keep getting distracted when playing this games since i keep finding new stuff.
The Godfather PS2
Driver parallel lines PS2
Testdrive unlimited PS2

Now playing
Resistence fall of men PS3 3/4 played.

How many of you play games until they finished it? I don't mean replaying it to unlock everything but just the main story line?

8 bits of fun
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 09:56:20 PM »

Oh, you would have to bring this topic up!!!  Shocked

Myself, I have well over 100 games that I have never finished. I've lost count years ago. Main issue - time. If I was 16 again, I would be finishing these games. Today, I play for a while, then switch to a new game.

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 11:01:08 PM »

I play very few games (well - games you can play through anyway :-) ), but those I all try to finish !

Last one I played through the end: Duke Nuke'm 3D ... again ... still fun !!

and as soon as I buy a XBOX360 these will follow:
- Halo 3
- Quake 4
- Gears of War
- the new Burnout game, whatever it is

I either play a game for 5 minutes and then stop playing it forever or I play it 'til the end - nothing in the middle

sex, lies, and videopac
fernandotcl
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 03:36:22 AM »

I finished Full Throttle as well, those adventure games by LucasArts are awesome. I recommend Grim Fandango and Beneath A Steel Sky if you liked FT. I finished both FT and GF, but not BASS.

I finished GF and FT a couple of years ago. FT was one of the first games I ever finished. I started playing BASS in ScummVM a while ago, but ended up losing the saved game during backups or something like that. I really recommend ScummVM (click here) for adventure game fans (by the way, you can grab some of those games off ed2k or BitTorrent).

My list of unfinished games is endless. I get frustrated with ease. I'm stuck in the following games:

• Splinter Cell: Double Agent - Last level, can't get through those guys with night vision. It's just unfair, the whole game is about hiding, not shooting, and you just can't hide in shadows if the enemies are using night vision googles...
  • Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within - I'm suck in the middle of the game, there's a huge black thing running after me (the guardian of time or something), I can't get through that.
  • Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones - Boss battles suck. I can't get past the Vizier, but other than that the game is pretty much finished already. I don't have much interest in trying to beat the Vizier again.

The Prince Of Persia games are among my all-time favourites. Too bad game designers won't stop using boss battles to games, otherwise I'd give them 10 out of 10 stars.

I never finished any of the GTA games either. I consider them great games, but some missions are just too frustrating. I'm currently playing San Andreas and I just bought Vice City Stories, but I doubt I'll finish either.

I'm currently stuck in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. It's one of the finest games I've ever played, but again I'm stuck in a boss battle (against "The Fear").

Other than the games I mentioned, I finished Super Mario 64 and very few sports games. I also completed LucasArts' Outlaws, Shadow Warrior and Blood (not sure I really completed the last two, it's been long) using cheats. Oh, and I finished The Godfather, loved it.

I think what makes me abandon most games I play is that they get too frustrating. Still interesting, but too damn frustrating.
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:44:05 AM »

Finish?  You can do that?   Cheesy 

Actually I did recently finish Lego Star Wars.   Cool
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 09:51:56 AM »

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - Last level, can't get through those guys with night vision. It's just unfair, the whole game is about hiding, not shooting, and you just can't hide in shadows if the enemies are using night vision googles...

that reminds me of one game I did not finish ... Return to Castle Wolfenstein ... I played it until the level where you have to sneak around without beeing seen by anyone ... MAN !!! The game is a S-H-O-O-T-E-R ! I am just too dumb for that ... I prefer running around and shooing everything that moves - like in Serious Sam, which I can recommend A LOT !

sex, lies, and videopac
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 10:03:31 PM »

Well did finish flight of the amazon and day of the tentacle in scumm. One playing on a pda the other on my macbook.
Now you mensioned prince of persia, i did finish the first prince. Loved the animation of that game.
I'm was trying to finish indiana jones 4 and the Fate of Atlantis but got stuck on a level where you have to escape with a balloon. Got a knife but can't cut trough the rope???
Also get stucked with Glod rush.
I did finish one of the police quest games don't know the version.
Somehow finish a rubbish game about CSI, the first one, don't know why.
Hmm at least i'm not the only one that isn't finishing games.

8 bits of fun
darrin9999
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 12:42:04 AM »

Lots of games not finished, but the last 1 I did complete was Desert Strike for the Sega Genesis..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: