Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
November 14, 2018, 02:24:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homebrew game pirating.  (Read 879 times)
grips03
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 04:50:06 PM »

Two people have reported a pirate, not one.
Luciano
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 06:32:19 PM »

Accusing without showing evidence that your game is being sold pirated is fake news.
We have a group here in Brazil of which I am a part, I questioned these people here and they did not present evidence, they only cause disturbances and they break the harmony of our colleagues.
Rafael
Pedit5
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 08:26:42 PM »

Accusing without showing evidence that your game is being sold pirated is fake news.
We have a group here in Brazil of which I am a part, I questioned these people here and they did not present evidence, they only cause disturbances and they break the harmony of our colleagues.

Whereas I never said it was this or that person who is selling my games, not even in the private. I would like to know at first what is bothering you?
Luciano
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 11:56:37 PM »

Whereas I never said it was this or that person who is selling my games, not even in the private. I would like to know at first what is bothering you?

Consider that you wrote that you saw your pirate games being sold but did not show proof, that's gossip, that's fake news.
Luciano
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 12:00:16 AM »

As for the thief, for now God knows who he is. For now, that's enough. He is not the only one, what hurt more this time was to know that it was someone disguised as a friend, someone who even sent me an email to ask for programming tips.
Anyway, I think this can be discussed in another topic. What I've been thinking about is what publishers can do so that the original products are not confused with pirate. Really I think a serious collector like to have the original product. But how to solve this if the pirate is identical to the original. How do you prevent a pirate copy from being sold as an original, maybe people even buy it in good faith?
But again, they are things to be discussed on another topic.
Some time ago I sent you an email to ask for programming tips.
You're offending me here.
Luciano
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 12:02:13 AM »

What I've seen here in Brazil was a person offering money to buy pirate games instead of buying from the author there in Europe.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 12:22:49 AM »

What I've seen here in Brazil was a person offering money to buy pirate games instead of buying from the author there in Europe.

Piracy here is a fact.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 12:25:39 AM »

Consider that you wrote that you saw your pirate games being sold but did not show proof, that's gossip, that's fake news.

Because fake news. A few years ago I helped René promote his multcart in Brazil. I was glad to have helped him but unfortunately one person bought the cart to clone him. I was sad, and although I have not denounced it is a notorious fact. I do not win anything by saying that I've seen my games for sale.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 12:44:12 AM »

What do I get out of it?
LD
Pedit5
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2018, 02:22:45 AM »

Can't talk about Rafael, but I have seen my game being pirated.
And I'm really, really mad about it.  Angry

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 04:28:03 AM by LD » Logged
timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2018, 02:45:10 AM »

Scottith:

Touché !

This has been an ongoing feud for some months now, and now you are choosing to make it public.

I have asked you not to pirate and post free PDF downloadable documents of my printed 2600 CONNECTION newsletters that I created
and designed and published during the years of 1990-1998. I still offer these for sale in printed form and do not want them online in any format
but you disregard all of my requests.

In fact, what I would do is I would report to your web site hosting provider that you are posting copyrighted material and they would remove it.

and then you would find another web site hosting provider and post the newsletters there...
and then I would report to your web site hosting provider that you are posting copyrighted material and they would remove it.

and then they cycle would continue again...

you would find another web site hosting provider and post the newsletters there,
and I would then report to your web site hosting provider that you are posting copyrighted material and they would remove it.

and then they cycle would continue again...

you would find another web site hosting provider and post the newsletters there,
and I would then report to your web site hosting provider that you are posting copyrighted material and they would remove it.

and then they cycle would continue yet again...

This must have happened 6 or 7 times. I lost count.

And the last web site hosting provider... well, I am not quite sure what to make of this outfit.
I have reported to this web site hosting provider ( UPLOAD.CAT ) numerous time that you are posting copyrighted material... but it remains!
I don't get it...

They disregard the messages I send them. What kind of company offers a "REPORT ABUSE FOR COPYRIGHTED MATERRIAL" yet does nothing
about it?   I'm stumped.  Is anybody even "at the healm" over there at WWW.UPLOAD.CAT or is everything just running on auto-pilot?
So frustrating! After 25 or 30 or 40 times of reporting the abuse and them doing absolutely nothing about it, all I can do is throw my hands up
and surrender. It's like talking to a someone who is 100% deaf.

You appear to be "winning the war" here, in my opinion.

So what can I do?  

How about we call a truce:

1. You agree to take down & remove all the newsletters online.

2. I agree to stop selling MELTDOWN for the Atari 2600. In fact, if you give me your address I will agree to ship the remainder that I have to you at my expense so you can sell these. I do not want them.

Can we start with these 2 steps? Will you agree to that?

As for the other reproductions you mention, these are sold by a friend of mine named Brent. I do not manufacture or create them.
Just as you did in the past, he has helped me de-solder and solder printed circuit boards of old Odyssey2 games and make them into new homebrew games. I can speak with him and discuss this matter. I just offer these because he does not have a web site and he has been a good friend to me.

It is unfortunate... that things have come to this.

I would like to be friends once again.

What are your thoughts?

-Tim

Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2018, 11:14:07 PM »

I do not know exactly what is happening. But from what I know, Tim really enjoyed having you as a friend.
timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2018, 12:09:47 AM »

Scottith

I have removed the ebay listing for MELTDOWN. I will not sell any more of these. I will box up the remainder and ship them to Mr. Al Backiel as you requested.

I have also removed the Astrocade and reproduction Odyssey2 and reproduction Videopac for sale web pages from my web site.

Often times one does not know that one is doing wrong until he or she is called out on it.

I do not want to commit a double standard here.  So I admit that I was wrong in this case.

I do not want to be a hypocrite.

I hope that you will remove the newsletters from being available in online form.
I cannot control what Russ Perry Jr. ( the 2600 Connection printed newsletter copyright owner ) wants to do with the issues 51- 75...
I cannot control what Al Backiel ( the 2600 Connection printed newsletter copyright owner ) wants to do with the issues 76- 100...
Perhaps these guys don't mind the scans of the printed issues being online.

However, I should be able to express a concern about issues 1 -50 being on line as I am the printed newsletter copyright owner for these issues.

I hope that you will honor my request.

VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2018, 06:24:34 PM »

One more time ...
Now the manufacturer of "reproduction" cartridges strikes back !
He says: "The game pictures on http://timduarte.blo...ridges-may.html (2600connection) are down.  I am still making these, still priced as above 20$ each, PM me here for details or a shipping quote."
The piracy saga continues.  Evil

Videopac digger
timdu
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2018, 02:18:32 AM »

I am happy to report that my friend Scottith and I have resolved our feud!

Two old friends are friends again!

Here is a PDF of the article from the Special Edition newsletter that came packaged with the Atari 2600 game ALIEN GREED 4 from 2012...

ALIEN GREED 4 was programmed by none other than Chris Read!

Enjoy!

Tim
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: