Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
April 22, 2019, 08:44:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jogos80 #19  (Read 381 times)
Rafael
Pedit5
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« on: August 01, 2018, 11:08:01 PM »

Here is a new edition of the magazine of our friend Marcus Garret, the Jogos80.
This issue is full of stories about our beloved Odyssey. There is also an interview with me and a super favorable review regarding Haunted Woods (but as was done by my friend Ricardo Silva there is always a bit of suspicion )
Unfortunately it is in Portuguese, but with time I will try to translate the stories about the Odyssey.

http://garrettimus.org/Jogos80/jogos80-19.pdf
Rafael
Pedit5
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 02:45:34 PM »

Here´s the new edition of Jogos80 magazine,  ( http://www.jogos80.com.br/edicoes/edicaoatual/ ) where our Odyssey / Videopac is gaining more and more space. In this edition has a review of Moon Town. Also has a preview of Ivan Machado's game, Dungeon of Eternity, you can read it bellow .

DUNGEON OF ETERNITY (preview)

Created in the year 1975 by the American Rusty Rutherford, Pedit 5 or "The Dungeon" is considered the first created RPG for computers. This historic game served as the basis for the creation of Dungeon Of Eternity for Odyssey, by the virtuoso programmer Ivan Machado. Before we talk about the coming masterpiece it is important to highlight other works of Ivan. His first creations actually went to the "Enemy." His first official launch was Bee Ball for Atari VCS, this fun game of tennis played by bees, it was the idea of ​​a friend. Also for the 2600, Ivan has two other games that have not been released: Super Pong and Color Gotcha, being an updated version of the classic Pong and the latter a color adaptation of another Atari Arcade, Gotcha, which was the fourth Arcade launched by the company, the first Maze in history, still in black and white. In 2014, Ivan jumped to the "silver" side of the force and face already shows us his talent with an adaptation of the controversial Exidy Arcade (1997), Death Race. His second title for the Odyssey is Golf Tournament, which brings among other novelties, the possibility of the player to choose the ideal club for each situation. At the mouth of the oven we have the incredible Incomming, for which I had the privilege of including high definition graphics compatible with the Videopac G7400. Incomming is a version of the well-known Artirelly Duel, released in the 80's for the consoles Astrocade, Atari 2600 and Colecovision. The game reminiscent of the always welcome, Medieval Battle. One of the great attributes of Incomming is the ability to play against the machine, which has a respectable Artificial Intelligence. Dungeon Of Eternity, which we'll call DOE in the next few lines, is even better than its predecessors filling a gap in the Odyssey universe. Briefly, the player must explore the maze until he finds the Jewel of Eternity, but there are still other tasks that the player must fulfill before reaching the jewel. And of course, there's a big boss waiting for you. The maze of the game faithfully represents that of the game Pedit 5, including its innumerable secret passages, that is, there are many rooms to be explored. However, to help the player, Ivan divided the map into several sectors, each represented by a different color. But this is just one of the improvements designed by Ivan. Perhaps the best enhancement brought by Dungeon, or in gameplay. Pedit 5, in fact, was a difficult game and the player died in the first encounters. Without making the game easy, Ivan balanced DOE in an incredible way. This does not mean that the player will have easy life, DOE requires several matches for a learning necessary to fulfill the mission. It is necessary to know the right moments for the uses of each of the spells or until the best time to try to escape. It is important to try to know all the right ways and moments to explore certain areas. The possibilities, surprises and tension transform DOE into an experience never experienced in a cartridge with a handle. There is a certain thrill and suspense when finding a chest by striking through the iconic "ACTION" key when encountering an unknown enemy. And speaking of enemies, it is worth remembering that besides the original creatures contained in Pedit 5, Machado has added as many others and we can not forget to register another of his qualities. Ivan is an impressive sprites artist, anyone who has any experience knows that it is not always so easy to create something with two 8x8 sprites, it was common in the 80's to see unrecognizable figures on the TV screens. In DOE, do not deny that Minotaurs and Mantícoras are what they represent (just do not expect PS4 graphics). Another novelty is that the illustrations of the game will be made by the well-known Zemial (https://zemial.artstation.com/), the same artist who made the cover of Forbidden Lands, which makes us even more anxious for launch. To leave some news to the player I close this preview here expressing all our gratitude to Ivan. DOE will soon be available on www.videopac.fr on properly numbered collector versions. You can still find, on the same website, Golf Tournament. Incomming will leave by http://www.packratvg.com. And if you are a fan of Odyssey, it is worth paying a lot of attention to the work of Ivan Machado. And now, I'm going to play one more game of DOE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: