Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 17, 2019, 05:14:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Odyssey ITL200 Video Issue  (Read 38 times)
UFOlives
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: June 04, 2019, 12:07:54 AM »

Hello all, I've been registered for some time, but have never posted.  I wish my first post could be about my #1 system the O2, but unfortunately it is the original Odyssey that gets the "honor". 
      I got myself a beautiful system recently (Run1), but, unfortunately, before I noodled around, the only thing I could get was a sliver of video compressed at the bottom of the screen and kind of shifted (when I used Cartridge 1). When I pressed the reset buttons, I actually saw something that looked like a ball move through the compressed area.  Also, there were markings that were clearly the paddles and the center line. 
       Unbelieveably, when I popped the top and adjusted the cartridge in its slot along with some of the other "pots(?)" with my screwdriver, I was able to get a screen that had a large center line and the two paddle dots, but it seemed super magnified, and I could never get the "ball" to appear. 
       On one of the other cartridges, I got a dot I could move around a bit (which could have been the game I guess! LOL).

UFOlives
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 12:23:09 AM »

Ooops - I must have accidently sent mid-post:

Hello all, I've been registered for some time, but have never posted.  I wish my first post could be about my #1 system the O2, but unfortunately it is the original Odyssey that gets the "honor". 
      I got myself a beautiful system recently (Run1), but, unfortunately, before I noodled around, the only thing I could get was a sliver of video compressed at the bottom of the screen and kind of shifted (when I used Cartridge 1). When I pressed the reset buttons, I actually saw something that looked like a ball move through the compressed area.  Also, there were markings that were clearly the paddles and the center line. 
       Unbelieveably, when I popped the top and adjusted the cartridge in its slot along with some of the other "pots(?)" with my screwdriver, I was able to get a screen that had a large center line and the two paddle dots, but it seemed super magnified, and I could never get the "ball" to appear. 
       On one of the other cartridges, I got a dot I could move around a bit (which could have been the game I guess! LOL).
  BUT,  all this was fairly short lived, and by the end of my testing I was left mostly with the compressed video image that was noticeably shifted (i.e. smeared like)- and at best I could get that repeated over and over again throughout the whole screen.
I can maybe get some photos out on this soon, but any thoughts? Similar situations that were conquered? Words of encouragement?  Bearings of bad news (i.e. something important is fried)?  Info. on someone who may be able to help solve?
Sorry ran out of time posting.  But any thoughts/info. will help and be appreciated.  Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: