Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
July 13, 2020, 02:08:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone in the UK have a spare RF box/lead for G7000?  (Read 309 times)
David Norwood
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: January 16, 2020, 04:53:21 PM »

I'm trying to resurrect my old G7000 from when I was a child.  The RF lead was cut many years ago (thanks to my sister's rabbit who escaped behind the TV and chewed the RF lead straight through and part of the mains lead). It was patched up but the picture is awful.
I am fine with using RF as I have a CRT TV.  If anyone has a spare working G7000 PAL RF box (including lead to tv) they no longer need I'd be happy to give it a new home and hopefully it will help restore a poorly G7000. 
I live in the UK so if anyone locally can help I would pay postage.  Many thanks,
David
immergruen
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 09:54:55 PM »

In the EU
I do.
David Norwood

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 04:10:24 PM »

Thanks for your kind offer.  I am first going to try and fix one of the built in joysticks which is struggling to go left.  If I'm successful in that then I'll tackle the RF lead.  Would you have a rough idea how much it would cost to post the RF box to the UK using the cheapest possible postage...? Smiley
Thanks again for your help.
David Norwood

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 12:04:57 AM »

I managed to get another RF box from a donor machine and put it in my G7000. It had a stable picture on the old machine but when transferred to my machine it's displaying a less than satisfactory picture.  I guess the RF adjusting screws are set differently on the two machines at the factory?  I read somewhere else on the site best not to adjust them. 
julian alshemari

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 08:12:10 AM »

How are you doing
I had the same problem but I solved it by making a piece that works by converting the RF system to AV and the result was very good and the picture and sound is very clear Wink Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: