Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
April 10, 2021, 11:54:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROMs to include in a ZIP for the Videopac uSD CART  (Read 491 times)
Wilco2009
Attacked the Timelord

Life sucks... again.

« on: July 04, 2020, 04:58:06 PM »

Hi Programmers!

I would like to send a zip with a set of ROM games for the Videopac uSD CART buyers, and I would like to know if the authors of the videopac homebrew games give me their permission to include their games in my ZIP file.

For instance, I have set o homebrew ROMs downloaded from the Internet. Somebody could help me to get in contact with the authors to get his permission:

69 Playtag Bas Kornalijnslijper

New calculator (Rene van den Enden)
Pong (Rene van den Enden)

Mr Roboto Ted (Foolery)
Puzzle Piece Panic

Route66 Rafael Cardoso

Interpol GST Video

Martian Threat GST Video

Jake GST Video

Mission Impossible Marc/Rene

Nightfighter Retrogenesis

Amok John Dondzila

Soeren Gust examples

Kill The Attacking Aliens Soeren Gust

Planet Lander! Ted-Foolery

64 Shark Hunter Classic Consoles Center

By other hand, somebody would like I distribute any other game programmed by him?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 09:16:40 AM by Wilco2009 » Logged

“There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Addams. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 02:36:48 AM »

I know Ted would not have any issues, even though I still sell his games.

John Donzila has stated his game Amok is allowed as well (he put me in charge of that a while ago).

KTAA should not be an issue either. It has been allowed for duplication for a while now - but it does require special treatment, which you cart does.

Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 03:56:49 AM »

My understanding is that once the games are available on the Internet, there is an implicit agreement on their distribution, as long as there is no profit for that. My dream was to make all my games available, but there are people with bad intentions, which is a shame for the community in general. On my side, you are authorized to include Route 66 and also Mission Impossible, since the only rom of this game available was extracted from my cartridge. There´s also a lot of "plus" version I´ve done somewhere, QFTR, Power Lords, Acrobats, Eletronic Soccer...You can include it, fi you want...
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 02:51:23 PM »

"Mission Impossible Marc/René" ?

- Mission Impossible was extracted from Rafael's genuine cartridge. Authorized by Rafael.

- Mission Impossible ZERO edition (Marc/René) personalized version is not free because always on sale. Ref: RVDE MV 04.

- Tesla Journey to Mars (Mission Impossible Marc/René) is not free because always on sale. Ref: RVDE MV 05.

Videopac digger
Wilco2009
Attacked the Timelord

Life sucks... again.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 06:44:23 PM »

I know Ted would not have any issues, even though I still sell his games.

John Donzila has stated his game Amok is allowed as well (he put me in charge of that a while ago).

KTAA should not be an issue either. It has been allowed for duplication for a while now - but it does require special treatment, which you cart does.

Thanks for your clarification

My understanding is that once the games are available on the Internet, there is an implicit agreement on their distribution, as long as there is no profit for that. My dream was to make all my games available, but there are people with bad intentions, which is a shame for the community in general. On my side, you are authorized to include Route 66 and also Mission Impossible, since the only rom of this game available was extracted from my cartridge. There´s also a lot of "plus" version I´ve done somewhere, QFTR, Power Lords, Acrobats, Eletronic Soccer...You can include it, fi you want...

Thank you very much for your permission and clarifications

"Mission Impossible Marc/René" ?

- Mission Impossible was extracted from Rafael's genuine cartridge. Authorized by Rafael.

- Mission Impossible ZERO edition (Marc/René) personalized version is not free because always on sale. Ref: RVDE MV 04.

- Tesla Journey to Mars (Mission Impossible Marc/René) is not free because always on sale. Ref: RVDE MV 05.

Thanks for your clarifications. I am sure I will have errors in my gamelist.ini file. I have got the gamelist.ini from a o2em old version and I have completed some fields searching in the internet. If you will found errors, please let me known to modify it.

If I have understood I can include in the zip file only de original Rafael version.

“There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Addams. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: