Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 28, 2022, 07:37:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RALLY RACER!  (Read 1467 times)
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« on: December 07, 2021, 04:24:20 AM »

Details soon...

Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 01:54:50 AM »

Watch More Work page daily for release details:

https://www.facebook.com/971340969545577/posts/4971010216245279/

Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 09:01:07 PM »

From MOre Work:
"Secure your place on the starting grid!
The RALLY RACER (Odyssey² Version) pre-order list is now open!
Send a message right now to the e-mail [ rallyracermorework@gmail.com ] with the title (Subject): RALLY RACER Odyssey - "Your name" (Example: RALLY RACER Odyssey - Robert Smith) and wait for our return with the necessary information (price, shipping, etc.) for you to confirm the order.
The initial batch is limited to 40 copies. Don't be without yours.
After we have the list defined, we will contact you by e-mail to complete your purchase of the first MORE WORK game for the Odyssey² console!
Keep following the posts on the page and good race!
MORE WORK Games
facebook.com/moreworkgames
www.morework.com.br"

I would like to clarify that I am just the game developer. In both cases (Odyssey Brasil and More Work)
I want to launch my games with them because they have a real passion for the retrogram scene. So,
if I can help you anyway, let me know.

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 12:20:21 AM »

I really wanted to buy this - but I wont ... this will be the first of Rafael's games I will not buy and it the practice of releasing games in Brazil only continues, it will not be the last ... I was until now collecting every single homebrew to be released for the videopac to have a "complete" collection - this game breaks it for me and I am sorry to say I will from now on only buy games selectively. Why ?

please look at the attached picture ...

apart from the already VERY high price point of the game (65 USD for a game in a reused cartridge case without box with Portuguese language print only) the overhead for getting the game to me will be more than 45 USD ... so it means in Europe to have this game I will have to pay more than 110 USD for it ... that is simply a greedy and unjustified price point from more work Games in my opinion (just for comparison - the game "JACK & THE BEANSTALK" released by Videopac Belgium is 29€ with multilanguage manual - roughly 32 USD or half of what more work is charging for the game ... and no "10 USD paypal fee, 2 USD packaging and handling" ...

sorry Rafael - I really like your games, I will continue to buy them if you find publishers that actually charge a reasonable amount for the games - more works is not one of them ...

sex, lies, and videopac
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 01:03:13 AM »

I really wanted to buy this - but I wont ... this will be the first of Rafael's games I will not buy and it the practice of releasing games in Brazil only continues, it will not be the last ... I was until now collecting every single homebrew to be released for the videopac to have a "complete" collection - this game breaks it for me and I am sorry to say I will from now on only buy games selectively. Why ?

please look at the attached picture ...

apart from the already VERY high price point of the game (65 USD for a game in a reused cartridge case without box with Portuguese language print only) the overhead for getting the game to me will be more than 45 USD ... so it means in Europe to have this game I will have to pay more than 110 USD for it ... that is simply a greedy and unjustified price point from more work Games in my opinion (just for comparison - the game "JACK & THE BEANSTALK" released by Videopac Belgium is 29€ with multilanguage manual - roughly 32 USD or half of what more work is charging for the game ... and no "10 USD paypal fee, 2 USD packaging and handling" ...

sorry Rafael - I really like your games, I will continue to buy them if you find publishers that actually charge a reasonable amount for the games - more works is not one of them ...

Honestly, I must apologize, the intention not to hurt anyone. I know it's frustrating not being able to continue the collection, we also suffered from it, buying games abroad for us is very expensive, and once we didn't even get paid. Some sellers are quick to sell, but don't support when their games don't appear. On the other hand, I also get frustrated when I see a product that is not made seriously and, of course, opportunistic hacks. Understand that Rally Racer is a case apart and also understand that I do not participate in the publishers price policy. As for my new games (except RR), they will be released by VideopacisAlive and Coté Gamers (and CCC if interested) in Europe. I think it makes everyone happy.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 02:36:06 AM by Rafael » Logged

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 09:33:38 AM »

I am with Mark here and will not buy the game from Brazil either. And 110 USD is not the end of the line, because you have to add 25 to 30 USD in customs fees, making a total of 135 to 140 USD, for ONE game! I can get three games from Videopac Belgium for that money ...

I also see the other side though. For many years Brazilian collectors had to spend a lot of money for the overseas releases.

Ideal solution would be distributors in Brazil, USA and Europe, each of them releasing the games in the style of their home - for reasonable prices of course. So collectors could get the games in their native style and it would probably be cheaper for everyone. Not easy to manage, I know, but maybe possible.

Unfortunately my job doesn't leave me enough time to release several games a year, but maybe Videopac Belgium or Cote Gamers would be interested to do the Euro releases ...

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2021, 09:44:49 AM »

Honestly, I must apologize, the intention not to hurt anyone. I know it's frustrating not being able to continue the collection, we also suffered from it, buying games abroad for us is very expensive, and once we didn't even get paid. Some sellers are quick to sell, but don't support when their games don't appear. On the other hand, I also get frustrated when I see a product that is not made seriously and, of course, opportunistic hacks. Understand that Rally Racer is a case apart and also understand that I do not participate in the publishers price policy. As for my new games (except RR), they will be released by VideopacisAlive and Coté Gamers (and CCC if interested) in Europe. I think it makes everyone happy.

nothing to apologize for on your side, Rafael! I know you don't make the prices that are asked here - I just feel bad for you as you create amazing games that should be enjoyed by as many people as possible, I am all for supporting developers to be able to create more games - but businesses like the one described above unfortunately prevent exactly that.

I really think publishers have to be called our for practices that are just money grabbing from an already small community thus destroying the community even more ... I mean seriously - asking 10 USD on paypal fees? I don't know how high paypal fees are at the moment, but I very much doubt that they are 10% ...

as for what Dieter said - I agree - creating games in every market in the style that also satisfies what the market wants (an "Odyssey 2" game with english manual in the US, an "Odyssey" game with Portuguese instructions in Brazil, a "Videopac" game with multilingual manual in Europe) - with reasonable shipping costs as it would be sent from the respective region, would be the perfect solution - but I very much doubt that there is actually enough demand in every region to make that a feasible option ... not sure what a perfect solution would look like here ...

sex, lies, and videopac
immergruen
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 10:13:39 PM »

Maybe collectors in Germany can team up to share shipment / taxes? How many games can be sent for the 33USD shipping cost?
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 04:02:38 PM »

Maybe collectors in Germany can team up to share shipment / taxes? How many games can be sent for the 33USD shipping cost?

Maybe Marc will get some copies...

Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 04:05:35 PM »

"Hi guys!

The RALLY RACER (Odyssey² Version) pre-order list is open.
The game was programmed by Brazilian Rafael Cardoso and is being released by MORE WORK Games.
Rally Racer was released in 2019 for the ATARI 2600. The Odyssey version (2021) is the first port of a Brazilian homebrew.

"If you are interested in the game, send a message to the e-mail [ rallyracermorework@gmail.com ] with Subject: RALLY RACER Odyssey - "Your name" (Example: RALLY RACER Odyssey - Robert Smith) and wait for our return with the necessary information (price, shipping, etc.) for you to confirm the order.
The initial batch is limited to 40 copies.
After we have the list defined, we will contact you by e-mail to complete your purchase."

Also follow the posts on the Facebook page: facebook.com/moreworkgames

Thanks and best wishes!
Happy 2022
Leandro Camara

MORE WORK Games
www.morework.com.br

Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2022, 03:07:30 AM »

An unboxing video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-koMxFt0Fk

(t-shirt is sold saparately)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 03:12:45 AM by Rafael » Logged

Doug
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2022, 08:17:31 PM »

I just want to say I enjoy this game... While not quite as smooth as my favorite 8 bit racer, Enduro on the 2600, this is the best Odyssey car game so far, a fun challenge with tight controls... I hope to beat the second course soon....
cjherr
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2022, 08:31:29 PM »

I agree. Tough, but fair. And looks great!
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 11:34:42 PM »

As always, the best part of making a game is watching people have fun. Thank you for the words. By the way,
Odyssey Brasil through the Comandante R page,  makes monthly game challenges.
https://www.facebook.com/comandanterecorde
This month we have Rally Racer, if you want to send pictures of your best scores, it would be nice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: