Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 18, 2018, 05:41:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freedom Fighters!/#39/Defensores Da Liberdade!  (Read 10973 times)
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 06:00:27 AM »

I have not measured the required hole size though - is 3/16 the correct one - I would guess by your post. I used to just use regular nut washers. So what is this strange pushnut retainer!?
That's what the Ace Hardware person called it.   I have no idea if it is the correct terminology.  I think I got the size from another post, it looks right.  It is a bit frustrating; but a simple fix IF I can find the darn part...
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 11:18:24 PM »

Freedom Fighters was my 14th game for the Videopac system, I got it on 8th November 1984, so to speak at the very end of the Videopac's lifespan. I got it probably for a discount price or won it at a competition. I think I didn't have Videopac 39, but 39+.

This is a game I never really got into. It's the same with Defender for me - tried it many times because many people like it, but personally I never liked it.

I played Freedom Fighters a bit tonight. First on the emu which is extremely difficult. In my opinion this is one of the games that play much better with a joystick than with the cursor keys. So I switched on the N60 that I got today and put my Freedom Fighters cart in. This was a bit better but still the game is very difficult to play. After half an hour I scored 134 points in evading mode (which I like more) and 155 points in attack mode.

My highscores from back then are 348 points in evading mode (on 22nd April 1995!!!) which I played more often, and 177 points in attack mode (on 1st January 1985).

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 11:20:36 PM by ccc--- » Logged

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2008, 10:07:55 PM »

Final day to post scores.... the January game of the month will be released tomorrow!!!
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 04:57:42 AM »

Final day to post scores.... the January game of the month will be released tomorrow!!!

Yeah, sorry. I've tried in the last few days, but I just can't beat my new score here, or get a better one in Evasion Mode...
 Sad

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 05:06:31 AM »

Ozyr set the highest score in both attack (279) and Evasion mode (325).  GREAT JOB!!!  Rafael scored a higher score but it wasn't during the month so we'll give him an honorable mention  Wink

Where is GRGH?Huh?  We did not see any cores from him but he has been out of the country...
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 04:02:59 AM »

Ozyr set the highest score in both attack (279) and Evasion mode (325).  GREAT JOB!!!  Rafael scored a higher score but it wasn't during the month so we'll give him an honorable mention  Wink

Slight mistake. Rafael scored 324, but I don't know if it was Evasion or Attack Mode!?  The 325 is my 'old' score from years ago for Evasion Mode. I never got above 200 this time around... The Attack score of 279 is correct, unless Rafael's score is from that MOde, then he beat me there.

Rafael
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »

Slight mistake. Rafael scored 324, but I don't know if it was Evasion or Attack Mode!?  The 325 is my 'old' score from years ago for Evasion Mode. I never got above 200 this time around... The Attack score of 279 is correct, unless Rafael's score is from that MOde, then he beat me there.

Yes Ozyr, you?re right, I scored 324 in attack mode, I don?t use to play FF in evasion mode. I like to kill Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: