Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
November 26, 2022, 12:33:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum will disappear in April 2023 please check this topic!

Home   Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Forum Will Expire April 2023  (Read 1432 times)
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2022, 07:53:39 PM »

I can agree with most of Janzl's reasons. The O2 community is not exactly what it used to be.

Thanks for the ride Janzl, it has been fun (for the most part).

Elias
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2022, 11:27:10 AM »

Thanks for your nice words, Tom!
RayXambeR
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 06:06:07 PM »

Too bad news... I really appreciate this forum and the community involved in it. I am not a real Videopac fan as I haven't got this system at the time (I have the Intellivision system) but I have truly discovered this system by this homebrew side (even I have played this system at the time, a friend of mine's had it) and specially the revival studios release (mayhem, mage...). Also the prototype like flashpoint or the CCC releases are really great to know more about the history.
Since this time I always reviewed the VP/O2 new games in retrogaming magazines and really love the new creations, generally original, not "copy" of existing games. And since some years I have launch a project about this aspect in Videopac history and it will come in 2023 in the form of a book and a new game from Rafael in bundle, with Côté Gamers.

I have just discussed with Côté Gamers and we would be pleased to maintain this forum. The goal is not to get our hands on the VP/O2 community, far from us this idea, but to continue the effort. I can make the parallel with Vectrex community about freeware game releases: mark shaker steps down to john dondzila who steps down  to Packrat VG actually. and it is an excellent thing in my opinion as the games are always available to everyone.
It must be the same for this forum as it is part of the history of this system and contains lots of informations that will be dramatic to lost in my opinion (it is also the reason why I make efforts to write books about that: for the knowledge but also for the preservation!). So if Côté Gamers and I could help to maintain this so cool forum, we would do that with pleasure.

Janzl and other people here, discuss and consider this suggestion. We have time between now and april 2023 but time flies you know...

Keep up the very good work and I always take pleasure to come here even I am not really regular. I am not very "socialite" Wink
Tom Beck
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2022, 10:02:23 PM »

Côté Gamers has had an excellent reputation for me since Frozen Fort was released. I was very pleased that just as much care and love went into this game as for the other much more popular systems. This is not a matter of course. And the fact that with Videopac has been planned even more is wonderful.

I am personally very grateful for the suggestion that the forum might be taken over. Since the announcement to end the forum, there is a black shadow over my hobby, which clouds my joy in it a bit. You only notice when it's gone that something is missing. And I would really miss Videopac.nl.

So I would be very grateful if someone would continue what has grown for years. And if that someone were Côté Gamers, that would be more than ok for me.
Thank you very much for this suggestion.

Wink  Killed the Killer Bees  Wink
Now also on youtube: Tom Beck collect...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9y7Vo_qyvr1ByhEhHSOLgw
polluks
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 02:17:52 AM »

I see Sad
maybe someone wants to continue the forum somehow Huh?
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2022, 01:53:15 PM »

Hi everybody,

I am responding in general to all the people who have reached out to me considering the ending/takeover of the forum.

I’m really pleased with the kind responses I have received here and in private. And I’m really pleasantly surprised that no one has called me a fascist, or something similar, and I haven’t had any death threats. Apparently there’s still hope for the internet  Cheesy

I am still considering what to do and a couple of future events will determine my final choice incuding a meeting I will have at the the end of november. So at least until then I will make no furhter decisions.

Again, thanks to everybody who had responded and please be patient.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Pickaxe Brad!
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2022, 09:29:06 PM »

... I’m really pleasantly surprised that no one has called me a fascist, or something similar, and I haven’t had any death threats. ...

Of course we wouldn't do that!  If we started there, we'd have no where to go as April got closer.  This way the tension can build...

We'll just make oblique references to your untimely demise for a while.  Tongue

And it's likely that we all are suspicious that this is just an elaborate April Fool's Day joke, so we're just playing along.

I make 0.174 posts per day.
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2022, 09:46:58 PM »

And it's likely that we all are suspicious that this is just an elaborate April Fool's Day joke, so we're just playing along.[/size]

Cheesy

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Jim
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2022, 01:51:16 AM »

I rarely post, but I lurk quite a bit.  Thanks for providing this service for so many years.

Some decade when I have more free time I hope to try programming for the O2.  I hope all the knowledge here is preserved somehow.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: