Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 26, 2020, 11:38:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Outrageous Price  (Read 4397 times)
TedFoolery
Played Munchkin once...

« on: December 07, 2007, 09:44:21 PM »

I was at a thrift store a few weeks ago and to my surprise they had an O2 with about 10 games for sale. It was the first time I'd ever seen an O2 for sale since the 80's.

The funny part was that the price was $75. There was nothing special about it, the box had the usual 20 year old wear and tear look so it wasn't in mint condition or anything. I thought maybe there was a special cart or something, but no. The carts were your usual bunch--Speedway, Alien Invaders, Cosmic Conflict, etc. -- and they weren't even in boxes.

I assume the old ladies running the place had no idea what it was, saw the keyboard and thought it was an old computer.
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 10:48:57 PM »

I see them in Goodwill (a chain of nonprofit thrift stores) from time to time.  Most of them are in rough shape and haven't been tested.  I don't recall what price the last one I saw went for but I think it was around $35 (US) for the system without a box and only one common cartridge.  $75 is outrageous!
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »

If you had a copy of Powerlords with your o2 then I'll give you $75  Roll Eyes

I have 12"
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 05:34:28 PM »

Some people still consider Munchkin to be extremely rare, check eBay  Wink

What do you think of the following prices:

9,95 1 Race (V+)
19,95 11 Cosmic Conflict (V+)
9,95 22 Spacemonster
4,95 36 Electronic soccer/icehockey
12,50 38 Munchkin
9,95 39 Freedom Fighters
14,95 39 Freedon Fighters (V+)
14,95 49 Turtles
24,95 53 Nightmare (V+)

24,95 Cobra

(Prices in euro's)

This guy is on marktplaats for at least half a year now with these games and he keeps on trying. I wonder why he still hasn't sold any  Grin

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 06:54:26 PM »

Hahaha

Odyssey 2's in the U.S. are very difficult to find other than on ebay.  My Odyssey 2 (before it was passed onto me) was purchased by my aunt at a garage sale for like 5 dollars! 
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 07:48:26 PM »

Even if there was something special that came with it it still shound't sell for more then 25 dollar. I think that with thrift stores the prices should be low at a reasonble price. Since most of the people even don't know what they selling anyway. I once found a sega saturn priced 75 euro at a 2de hand store. I asked them who did the pricing on them. They pointed out a man and i asked him how he come up with that price. He told me that a new ps2 would sell for 125,- euro so he sliced the price in twice and sad that 75 euro was the right price. It was a sega saturn with 2 controllers, 1 original, 2 common games. I told him that the saturn was even one generation older and that 75 euro was way to much. After long talking to him i finaly managed to get it for 25 euro.

8 bits of fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: