Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 04, 2020, 01:26:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Poll
Question: Which style and number should the release of Martian Threat have?
Videopac 65 (to replace Spider-Man) - 6 (28.6%)
Videopac 66 (to replace Route 66) - 1 (4.8%)
Videopac 67 (next free number) - 13 (61.9%)
In Videopac style, but no number - 0 (0%)
Not in Videopac style, but in "homebrew" style - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martian Threat: How would you like it to be released?  (Read 23438 times)
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 04:46:33 PM »

Martian Threat is also known as Jake, and is available on the Multicart and on the internet. It is a prototype game.
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 04:57:10 PM »

Martian Threat was going to be the 2nd release on my Retrogenesis label, but amazingly after I announced Robot City was going to be released Dieter decided to release Martian Threat., I bought and own the prototype, if anyone should be releasing this it should be Retrogenesis and not Dieter.

I have 12"
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 06:35:37 PM »

Is there only one known prototype EPROM/cartridge of this game?
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 06:36:23 PM »

Careful, I have seen a half dozen "prototype" Killer Bee's! cart's floating around in the USA.  Don't be so sure you have the only copy.  
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 06:41:32 PM »

Considering you don't even own the prototype to Martian Threat you should not be releasing it at all!!

I tell you something:
I don't own and never owned a Flash Point prototye.
I don't own and never owned a Shark Hunter prototype.
I don't own and never owned a Tutankham prototype.

And I released the games. And everyone, including the programmers, were happy.

I have emailed you numerous times about this and now you release it Angry Don't you think you ask permission from the people that own the prototype??

To be honest: Not at all. Owning a prototype cartridge doesn't mean that you own ANY rights on the game. So anyone who doesn't own the prototype has the same "rights" to release it as someone who owns one of the prototype carts. Or let's say it in other words: NOONE, even the owner of a prototype cartridge, is *really* authorized to release this game and make some money with it (and don't tell me you don't want to make money with your releases). Or did you buy the rights from GST Video or Philips?

You mention that you have spoken to some old programmers who may have programmed this??? Were is your evidence??

An interview with the programmer will be online on my website as soon as I have finished it.

Maybe after not answering my emails you may give me some answers in public?

... which I am doing here. I started creating the documents for a Robot Citiy and a Martian Threat release some months ago but pulled back on Robot City after I read here in the forum that you are going to release the game. So I announced  the release of Martian Threat just to make sure that the work on the documents for this game are not also without any purpose. Soon after my announcement you emailed me that you were going to release the game after Robot City. I didn't know that at the time of my announcement so why should I pull back again??

And making a poll on how the people would like the release to look like doesn't mean that I am going to release it in two weeks, so stop whining. Let's wait how the poll will come out and then we will see what we will do. Maybe you could even post here in which design YOU would like the game to be released.

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 09:05:46 PM »

Hello Andyryals and CCC hope you can both work this out. Don't like some fight between two of our publishers.
I can see the point Andyryals makes because i know he bought the two prototypes, robot city and martian threat, to release them. I also see the point CCC makes if he has found the programmer of the game.
I know this whole prototype release is some short of unwritten business and the thing with rights is very difficult. That was the reason why i didn't release the game, i got a little freaked out because of the rights.
So hope you both work it out.

8 bits of fun
BuckyB
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 12:22:05 AM »

I own prototypes of Martian Threat and Robot City, and also Spiderman (Not Bas Kornalijnslijper's Videopac 65, but an actual prototype). That doesn't mean I own the copyrights to these games. It just means that I have the possibility to read the contents of the ROMs.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 01:17:34 AM »

Just a sugestion: Andy could make both releases RC and MT with the docs created for Dieter, as VP 65 and VP 66 or VP 66 and VP 67... Again, just a sugestion.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 01:19:06 AM by Rafael » Logged
BuckyB
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 01:21:15 AM »

I already voted, but I just thought of another option that people might want included:

- Just release the g*****n game. I don't care how it looks, I WANT IT NOW.

:-)
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 01:25:46 AM »

It can be a dangerous thing. See the Route66 results  Cry
BuckyB
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 01:27:33 AM »

And one more option:

- Release 'Videopac 76' (edit: No, I meant 67!) Philips-style and a "Special edition" homebrewn-style

Oh, and put me on the list for both releases, serial #1 please Wink
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 01:30:34 AM by BuckyB » Logged
BuckyB
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 01:29:09 AM »

See what? I never got my Route 66  Cry
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2007, 01:31:42 AM »

See what? I never got my Route 66  Cry

Me, too Cry Cry Cry Cry
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2007, 01:48:49 AM »

I own prototypes of Martian Threat and Robot City

If I remember correctly you've sent them to John Dondzila to put them on the Multicart.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2007, 02:21:23 AM »

Both of you guys should release the game.  Maybe one could use the Odyssey 2 style box, and the other could use the Videopac style? 

Sounds like a nice settlement, as no one but Phillips has actual rights to the program itself.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: