Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
February 18, 2020, 06:00:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Poll
Question: Which style and number should the release of Martian Threat have?
Videopac 65 (to replace Spider-Man) - 6 (28.6%)
Videopac 66 (to replace Route 66) - 1 (4.8%)
Videopac 67 (next free number) - 13 (61.9%)
In Videopac style, but no number - 0 (0%)
Not in Videopac style, but in "homebrew" style - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martian Threat: How would you like it to be released?  (Read 22846 times)
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2008, 10:48:37 AM »

But what difference does it make who owns the 'original' prototype? In my opinion it's just great that these 'lost' games are discovered and published after all those years...

And isn't that the truth!  Smiley

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2008, 11:46:52 AM »

And isn't that the truth!  Smiley

It so is ....

btw, the things with the windows are "EPROMS" (Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) and the ones without are "EEPROMs" (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) - while the ones with window are erased by by using ultraviolet light the others can be electrically erased, thus they don't need a window Smiley

sex, lies, and videopac
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2008, 12:13:34 PM »

btw, the things with the windows are "EPROMS" (Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) and the ones without are "EEPROMs" (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) - while the ones with window are erased by by using ultraviolet light the others can be electrically erased, thus they don't need a window Smiley

BANG!  There goes my theory!  Shocked

Thanks for the info Mano Smiley

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2008, 02:21:14 PM »

Eproms (and other chips) always have a date code, so you can check how old the chip is.

ptol
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »

Eproms (and other chips) always have a date code, so you can check how old the chip is.

Will check that tonight  Roll Eyes
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2008, 04:59:06 PM »

The ones without window can also be OTP EPROM's: One Time Programmable. These are manufactured with EPROM technology, but are really PROM's.
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2008, 09:09:14 PM »

I played the game for the first time the other night (on the multi-cart).  The game is fun but it can be difficult!  I think my record was around 30-40 seconds and around 200 points.  The controls take some time to figure out.  The jets only move in 4 directions and you can only fire diagnally.  If you're not careful you can easily propel yourself into a wall.  I'm going to keep playing until I see the space ship blow up in the end  Evil
ptol
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2008, 09:28:57 PM »

Pff, I played it tonight for about 2 hours. Record of 709 points, but don't know how many seconds. It's a very addicting little game...  Angry

I played the game for the first time the other night (on the multi-cart).  The game is fun but it can be difficult!  I think my record was around 30-40 seconds and around 200 points.  The controls take some time to figure out.  The jets only move in 4 directions and you can only fire diagnally.  If you're not careful you can easily propel yourself into a wall.  I'm going to keep playing until I see the space ship blow up in the end  Evil
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2008, 10:44:57 PM »

The sticker on top of the window, is to prevent uv light shining on it. Since uv light is used to erase the data.
When you handle and store loose eproms u must cover that window.
The prototype that andy and i have also has this window. But since they are kept inside the cartridge, they aren't blinded with a sticker.

8 bits of fun
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2008, 08:04:01 AM »

Martian Threat arrived this weekend and it looks excellent! Smiley Another quality release!!! Haven't had time to play it but that will come soon I hope.

grgh

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2008, 09:10:19 AM »

Mine arrived on Friday but didn't get a chance to get it out the box yet, maybe today as I'm taking another day off work.

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
grgh

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »

Ok I gave it a go, nice concept and tough to play! I just couldn't get the hang of up/down/left/right to fire thrusters and diagonals to fire weapons. Anyway I'd like to record a first score of 136 but I didn't manage to last 64 time units.

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2008, 09:34:02 PM »

When i and steelballs tested the game, we where impressed by the graphics. But game play was to easy. Don't use the trusters to much. Most aliens can be shot from the center only shooting diagonal.

8 bits of fun
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2008, 09:58:05 PM »

Most aliens can be shot from the center only shooting diagonal.
Only half of them Wink

grgh

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2008, 03:18:37 PM »

Yeah I found that, and the half you cant shoot you cant shoot the energy balls either, so you have to move. There is probably an easier way to do it if I just gave it some more time.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: