Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 10, 2019, 08:39:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Munchkin+ announced  (Read 16411 times)
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 02:56:05 PM »

So are homebrews always released on "used" old cart cases?

Yep, cant get new ones any more. We have looked into having them produced extensively, but its just not worth it.

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 07:47:44 PM »

I spent a lot of time, money, sweat, and frustration into looking getting this off the ground but it would cost 1000's of Euros to produce a tool to get the carts pressed. Even if you went to China and get the work done there it would still be extremely expensive and you would not get your money back. So, I'm afraid old cart cases have to be recycled its the cheapest way.

I have 12"
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2008, 09:11:22 PM »

Oh well, I think I remember some topics about producing cart cases on the old forum.

It would be nice to have some sort of connection to get them for cheap.  I guess doing with the recycled carts work.  I am guessing everybody stocks up on Football! carts for that! lol
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 12:15:59 AM »

My wife is Chinese, and we met her counsin one time we were over there who has his own plastics factory. I took some carts and we priced the job up, but there wasn't enough requirement to make it financially viable.

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 12:17:15 AM »

At least some folks here got their game!

My package arrived today, in the same bad envelope. Nice hole in the middle of it, where the cartridge fell out, somewhere between here and overseas. All I have is the instructions and case insert! I am a little angry at this moment...

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 02:17:10 AM »

At least some folks here got their game!

My package arrived today, in the same bad envelope. Nice hole in the middle of it, where the cartridge fell out, somewhere between here and overseas. All I have is the instructions and case insert! I am a little angry at this moment...

I am sorry man, try and see if you can get your money back from those people, all of your who ordered it. 

My wife is Chinese, and we met her counsin one time we were over there who has his own plastics factory. I took some carts and we priced the job up, but there wasn't enough requirement to make it financially viable.

I think it would also be expensive to produce the metal ends with the spring sort of thing that protects the circuit board. 
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 09:03:35 AM »

hi there,

sorry for the people who had problems with their copy.
usually i ship my games in plastic cases, but the format of a videopac game makes it hard to fit.

i tried shipping and printing everything it the best way possible:
- the labels are printed at a stickerprinting company. i'm quite pleased with the quality myself
- the artwork is created at 300dpi and printed with the highest quality color laser printers available to me.

i used the same printers as for my vectrex covers, which are generally received very positive.
for shipping i used hard carton boards to support the akward sized backcover.

mind you this is my first videopac release, i did consult dieter and others on some things, but i'm the first to agree that dieter's releases are of superior quality (i very much enjoy and admire his tutankhamon and spidey boxes too)

i'm not sure how to do it differently besides going to offset printers, which like having pcbs/cases reproduced, are very expensive for low quantities. any tips are welcome though. i might be able to use these for a future homebrew game i'm working on, at this time i'm not sure if releasing another videopac game is worth the effort (seeing the trouble i ran into with this release)

also, i'm willing to look at individual queries send through email of pm on per case basis .

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 09:13:34 AM by revivalstudios » Logged

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 09:35:59 AM »

I think it would also be expensive to produce the metal ends with the spring sort of thing that protects the circuit board. 

Those are not really necessary.
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 09:41:52 AM »

- the artwork is created at 300dpi and printed with the highest quality color laser printers available to me.

i used the same printers as for my vectrex covers, which are generally received very positive.

The front cover looks fine, but why are there white spots on the yellow inlay?

The original label of the cartridge hasn't been removed properly, that's why the sticker on the cart doesn't look good.

i might be able to use these for a future homebrew game i'm working on, at this time i'm not sure if releasing another videopac game is worth the effort (seeing the trouble i ran into with this release)

I hope you will continue with your next Videopac project.
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 05:24:47 PM »

Hello revivalstudios,

Don't quit just because you had some trouble. To start something new is always dificult. Just see this release as some sort of lesson, how thing can be improved. I think with the info that is going to be here you'll be able to get it right the next time.

8 bits of fun
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 12:43:40 AM »

I hope he hasn't quit. I still have not received my replacement cart, and am beginning to wonder if I will!
 Sad

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 05:06:27 AM »

I hope he hasn't quit. I still have not received my replacement cart, and am beginning to wonder if I will!
 Sad

I hate that feeling!  I hope you get it man.  If not, try to get in touch with him.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:45:16 PM by Sweersa » Logged
list
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2008, 07:29:56 AM »

I hope he hasn't quit.
i bloody hope not ive paid and still waiting for it Huh?

i received this on the 3rd july

hi stephen,

sorry i didn't notice this mail before. I will send out munchkin+ asap.

martijn
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:35:31 AM by list » Logged

Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 01:22:01 AM »

talk about timing.... Make a post here, and get it the next day!

Took a bit, but I'm just glad I got the cart. Thanks!  Cheesy

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2008, 03:52:40 AM »

talk about timing.... Make a post here, and get it the next day!

Took a bit, but I'm just glad I got the cart. Thanks!  Cheesy

Awesome!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: