Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
November 21, 2019, 02:36:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acrobats (P.T. Barnums / Jumping)  (Read 9906 times)
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:44:22 PM »

In conjunction with RickO2's Game of the Month I bring you P.T. Barnums / Jumping Acrobats.
The first Vpac/Ody Flash conversion really suitable for the Forum Arcade competition. I think with CCC's highscore, Cosmic Conflict has reached its limit (even though Pacdoc is still waiting for the better spaceship he ordered). Acrobats has an, more or less, unlimited highscore reach. 

I have made two versions of Acrobats, both the Videopac and the Odyssey2 version, because I consider them too different from each other to just release one of the versions.
Each one has 6 game variations just like the real games, except that it is single player only.

Read the instructions to try them all.

Have fun and let me know how you like the games!

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 11:31:44 PM »

Very Good, Janzl. A version with more than 3 digits score is something I ever wanted. Time to think in a online Mr. Roboto?
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 11:33:38 PM »

Thats a nice one, I'll put that on my list  Grin
Its a really great game!

Gotta ask Ted of course!

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 04:57:35 AM »

Janzl,
Whenever I set the high score I get the following message:

in the orange bar it says "An Error Has Occured" and in the box below it says "Hacking attempt..."

I can assure you my scores have nothing to do with hacking  Smiley
pacdoc
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »

The first Vpac/Ody Flash conversion really suitable for the Forum Arcade competition. I think with CCC's highscore, Cosmic Conflict has reached its limit (even though Pacdoc is still waiting for the better spaceship he ordered).

Have fun and let me know how you like the games!

Hi,

well, arround 820 for Cosmic Conflict is nearly on the top of the possibilities you have with this game. It was one of my first VP Games in 1979-80. One problem is that I cannot play so exactly with my keyboard as I wanted to play - but this is my own problem Lips Sealed. On my original G7000 it was possible to reach 821 BUT you must have also really the fortune that all ships come in best position to  shot because you have less than 2 seconds for a ship.  Cry
CCC is the best captain in the moment - congratulation ! Maybe I become in the future the chance of a good ship-constelation and a super keyboard Wink

Janzl - thankyou for the wonderful version of acrobats - that will be a new competition for us all Smiley

You are really a profi in programming.

Let?s go to the circus.

lg,
pacdoc
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 09:05:58 PM »

PacDoc, thanx for the compliments!
Flash still doesn't support joysticks (pity, since they are making so many games with it) so until they do that you unfortunately have to stick to keys. If flash ever starts to support joysticks I will surely adjust the games.

RickO2 I am sure you are not trying to hack the highscores  Roll Eyes. The forum arcade is acting a little strangely with this game as you might see in the highscore list. I have no idea why this happens. The code inside the flash game to make it communicate with the arcade is very simple. I have used it succesfully for OdyPacTris and Cosmic Conflict.

I see you have the #1 highscore, as I understand it you get to see the hacking error but the score still gets saved into the arcade. Is this correct?

pacdoc

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 09:40:12 PM »

PacDoc, thanx for the compliments!
Flash still doesn't support joysticks (pity, since they are making so many games with it) so until they do that you unfortunately have to stick to keys. If flash ever starts to support joysticks I will surely adjust the games.

RickO2 I am sure you are not trying to hack the highscores  Roll Eyes. The forum arcade is acting a little strangely with this game as you might see in the highscore list. I have no idea why this happens. The code inside the flash game to make it communicate with the arcade is very simple. I have used it succesfully for OdyPacTris and Cosmic Conflict.

Hi Janzl,

well, it is possible to play with joysticks but you need a programmable joystick. But the problem is to connect a Philips g7000 Joystick to the PC and make it programmable  Wink I tried Cosmic Conflict with a Joypad (it is not the original feeling) and the results were bad - so I played again with the keyboard.

I have no idea concerning flash programming but maybe is the problem of the highscore table the variations of the game. I mean - up to now each game in arcade I played has one version. In this case you have two versions of modules (VP and Osy) and each module has 6 versions to play. Depending on the version I played the program sends maybe another code with the result to the table. And the table cannot work correctly with this additional code in the result. Sorry , My english is too bad for correct interpretation what I mean but maybe you understand what I mean ?

lg,
pacdoc
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 10:25:26 PM »

Hi pacDoc,

I perfectly understand what you are saying so don't worry about your english  Smiley

The different versions in the game are not the problem. Each time the game is finished the game jumps to the same piece of code (no matter what version you are playing) with the same variables send to the arcade. This means that every time the exact same info is being send. So this is not causing the problem.

Thanx for the suggestions anyway Smiley

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 04:33:56 AM »

I see you have the #1 highscore, as I understand it you get to see the hacking error but the score still gets saved into the arcade. Is this correct?
Correct.  But oddly it says my personal best score is less (my second best).
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 10:21:18 AM »

So it gets weirder and weirder... I haven't got a clue.., but will dig into it off course...

pacdoc

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 04:42:22 PM »

Hi,

same troubles today. My new score is 3866 and I got "Hacking attempt..." - but it is saved as champion and it is displayed. But my personal best is 3516  Wink It?s very interesting Roll Eyes
Is there any idea we can help you to find this problem ?

pacdoc
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 05:35:45 PM »

PacDoc, I am beginning to suspect that you were right about the two different versions after all.

When you set your latest highscore, wich version were you playing: Vpac or Ody? \
And can you still remember which version you were playing with the score that is marked as your personal best?

Thanx

Janzl

pacdoc

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 07:59:39 PM »

PacDoc, I am beginning to suspect that you were right about the two different versions after all.

When you set your latest highscore, wich version were you playing: Vpac or Ody? \
And can you still remember which version you were playing with the score that is marked as your personal best?

Thanx

Janzl
Hi Janzl,

well, unfortunately in my case I have played  the same version. My high score 3866 and also my second score 3516 - at the moment displayed as personal best - are played as Ody with Sound and Key 0. That make it not easier for you, I think  Sad

good luck,
pacdoc Wink
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 08:03:34 PM »

Hmmm, so then the two different versions are not the problem. The choice of your key can't have any influence as they just activate or de-activate certain game elements.

Well.. i have to search futher..  Sad

Thanx for the info PacDoc

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 11:37:33 PM »

What kind of action would normally cause the "Hacking attempt" message to appear?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: