Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
February 28, 2020, 01:23:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wii  (Read 2333 times)
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

wii
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:45:12 PM »

I was just wondering if the wii was also difficult to get outside holland. I want to buy one, but it seems nobody can tell when and if there is a new delivery coming.
When it was release in holland in december 06, it took until at least july 2007 before there where some console available on the shelfs. But after october '07 they where off the shelfs again and where only available when ordering. I hate to be on a order list so i wait until they arrive in the shops again, hopefully before christmas '08.
I know that the dutch market is very small, and maybe this is a reason why there are so little consoles available to us. I guess that the quantities delivered to the us, Britain or german market are much bigger. But seeing that even in germany most consoles are on a waiting list for more then 4 weeks i think it will take ages before they hit store shelfs again.
Guess Nintendo didn't know it was such a success and have to little production capacity.
But because of this i see second hand systems going at 400+ euro. This is insane!

8 bits of fun
list
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:03:06 PM »

ive a mate selling his but its english plug ( 3 prong ) if your intrested
also its chipped

if your intrested i can find out the price

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 11:31:11 PM »

Here in Austria you can get them anywhere again for 249 Euro. It was only in the last two weeks before Christmas when they were partially sold out, and you could get almost no accessories (controllers, etc.).

dronspa
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 04:32:29 PM »

In Spain, the same than in Austria; 2 weeks before Christmas Wii was sold out, and I had to buy 2 controllers, 2 nunchuks, 2 classic controllers and Guitar Hero 3 after a couple of weeks of waiting and waiting.
Some stores sold on Christmas Wiis for 20 eur more, but only if you want to buy a second game. And they sold every Wii!

I bought my Wii on june, and I had no problem to find it.
But I bought Super Mario Galaxy one hour after the shops opened in the releasing day, and a week later it was sould out again until 10th december. I completed the game some weeks before one of my friends had it.

Knowing all of this, I placed a reserve for an extra guitar for the Guitar Hero (28th january) and Mario Kart Wii (april): I don't want to wait, I can't wait!

PD: I never thought Guitar Hero was so fun!!!  Cheesy

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 08:20:22 PM »

Thx for the offer List.
But i preffer a original non chipped one. The last console i chipped was my psx, and i only used it a few times for backup games. Nowadays i just wait until the games goes for sale half price or i look at the second hand games. Got assassin's creed for ps3 for 40 euro, 2 weeks after it was released because someone had allready returned it.
I was reading on some other site that is doing a lot of sales in the netherlands, the sortage is just because Nintendo Benelux is serving a to small area and can't get hold of enough wii's.

8 bits of fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: