Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 22, 2020, 10:59:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Videopac Programmers wanted!  (Read 5475 times)
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« on: September 22, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »

OK, I think its time we got this ball rolling. If any of you guys have any games that you want releasing and want to make some money then please get in contact with me through a private mail.

I have 12"
fernandotcl
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »

I never published a game, so I have a couple of questions about how retrogaming publishing companies work. They're not exactly specific to your software house, but I think that posting them here will contribute to the thread. Well, here it goes:

- What services does a publishing company provide? Does it include some sort of beta testing program or is it all about publishing the final game?
- Is the programmer responsible for the artwork as well?
- How much control over the final product the programmer has (i.e., is it the programmer who gives the final word about packaging, artwork, etc.)?
- How many carts are sold on average for a system like the Odyssey?
- Is there a formal licensing agreement between the programmer and the publishing company, or is it all about trust?
- How are the earnings shared between the parts? Royalties per cart or a fixed amount per game, or maybe a combination of both?
- How much money (on average) does a programmer make from a game for a system like an Odyssey?

And finally, what (if anything) makes your software house different from, say, Packrat?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if those questions sound a bit naive, but I'm really not acquainted with this yet.
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 10:14:52 PM »

Blimey a lot of questions! Ok some answers...

1. I will provide what services I can help with, cartridge production, PCB sourcing, typing up manuals, get them printed, everything really, if there is a specific service you want, either ask me if I can do it via a private mail or simply reply through this thread! If you wanted beta testing then yes, we can beta test.

2. If the programmer wants to be in control of artwork that is fine by me.

3. The programmer, within reason, can have complete control over the whole process of producing a game, but I would like to be kept up to date with ideas, and any suggestions that the programmer may have.

4. we can sell anything from 30-100 copies of a game, depending upon how good it is and prices etc

5. Yes there will be a license agreement and a large amount of trust as well. I'll be putting up a large of amount of money to buy cartridge cases, PCB's, EPROMs etc, I at least need to make that money back.

6. The costs will have to be worked out first and then the royalties will be split, I have no ideas as to percentages. I have seen some agreements were it's 50% split, but I would make be more generous and split in favour of the programmer.

7. Depends upon carts sold, precentage split and costs taken to make the game.

8. I'm no different than Packrat, I will be doing the same thing, except I will also be selling / supplying things like custom made cartridge cases / PCB's etc and a few other things that I have planned. (Top secret at this moment!!!!!)

I have 12"
fernandotcl
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 10:40:16 PM »

Cool, thanks for replying!
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 12:15:40 AM »

I never published a game,

Here?s your chance Grin
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 10:35:11 PM »

One thing you don't specify, and I really don't know you, is where are you located. Your profile says nothing.

England, US, South Pole?

Just wondering...

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 05:58:16 AM »

What language is used to program an Odyssey 2 game?  If I could learn or play with it, it would be nice to try to make a good game, push the O2 to the limit.  Wouldn't that be so much fun!!!!??
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 09:14:47 AM »

Assembler.

Check this website: http://soeren.informationstheater.de/g7000/chapter2.html
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 04:22:34 AM »

Thank you.  I'll check that out. 
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 11:42:38 AM »

One thing you don't specify, and I really don't know you, is where are you located. Your profile says nothing.

England, US, South Pole?

Just wondering...

Hi, if it's my location that you are after it's in the UK.

I have 12"
Piet
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 08:28:48 PM »

Hello ALL,
I'm bizzy to produce copies of some games.
Wait a while and I give more news about this.
Only I need the stickers for the card.
Does someone have a suggestion?
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 09:08:35 PM »

What games you releasing? Anything new?

I have 12"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: