Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 18, 2018, 05:37:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frogger  (Read 13744 times)
Rene_G7400
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 12:12:36 PM »

I wonder why the differences.

I don?t know why, maybe Ren? could explain it better, the Euro Frogger not run in the Odyssey BR.

You just explained it. Parker games were designed for PAL consoles. Because of the timing differences between PAL and NTSC consoles, some PAL games won't run on NTSC consoles. So some things had to be changed to Frogger to make it work on NTSC (60 Hz) consoles. While Philips was working on that they probably thought they could make some improvements to the game as well (the blinking Frogger at the intro screen for example).

In 1983 no more new (NTSC) Odyssey2 games were coming from the U.S. , so Philips started converting european Videopac games which hadn't been released in the U.S. Secret of the Pharaohs is another good example of that. It's an old Videopac game which hadn't been released in the U.S. and wasn't working on NTSC consoles. So they fixed the timing problems and made the game look a lot better too.
Rafael
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »

I tried to play two times today, but my high was just 18210 Cry
Recycled
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 08:28:50 PM »

I've played about 4 or 5 more times.

Still haven't beat 20920.

(I posted 20290 before...that was incorrect..not by much though)
Recycled

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 03:12:49 PM »

You know....there are glitches in this game.  Many undeserved deaths.  I've done the same thing twice in order to if I would lose a life again...and sure enough it happens were it's unwarranted.  I've lost lives jumping on logs and the fly.

First I thought I just wasn't seeing what was happening...but it got to be too frequent.
Rene_G7400
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 05:38:30 PM »

Are you playing the game on O2em or on a real console?
Recycled

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 06:08:29 PM »

multi-cart
Rafael

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 09:44:20 PM »

Hi,

I don?t know about the Euro version. In the Br version in the 5th level to 8th level you?ll find poisoned flies (you can?t eat any fly) and some slippery log (but I can?t identify what logs?).
Can someone post the euro rules?
Recycled

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 02:31:17 PM »

Hi,

I don?t know about the Euro version. In the Br version in the 5th level to 8th level you?ll find poisoned flies (you can?t eat any fly) and some slippery log (but I can?t identify what logs?).
Can someone post the euro rules?

Yes...that must be what's going on.  I studied it more carefully last night.  I am playing the BR version.  I have the Euro, but can't play it cuz I have the American O2.

I noticed on the level where the snake appears....I can no longer eat flies without dying.  So given that and the "slippery log" comment, I guess these are not glitches.

One thing what disapoints me is that it seems that nothing changes after the snake level.  The screens just keep repeating.

My new score:

Rafael

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 10:09:57 PM »

This really nice score, you?re going to be the winner in Frogger  Smiley
The manual describes it contain 8 level after you?ll back to 4th.
Recycled

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »

thanks....

I look forward to seeing some more scores posted from others.
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 03:15:29 AM »

thanks....

I look forward to seeing some more scores posted from others.

I'm having joystick issues AGAIN!   Sad  I think I'm running out of systems to swap out.  I might have to sit down and fix one this weekend.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 03:42:37 AM »

How hard (or expensive) is it to get an NTSC Frogger cart?  Even if its just the cart and no case or instructions. 
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 04:02:06 PM »

How hard (or expensive) is it to get an NTSC Frogger cart?  Even if its just the cart and no case or instructions. 

All depends on who/when on ebay and such. I payed around $30 for it (complete) a few years back. If you have the 128-multi-cart, it is on there, and I think that would be the best way to go (if you just want to play the game).

Rafael

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »

I don?t know if the brazilian version run on the US console? but it?s not so hard to find.
Recycled

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »

I agree about purchasing the multi-cart for $50 US dollars.  You get allot for your money including both froggers (only the BR version will work on the US console)...but you get so much....all the original common O2 stuff plus Turtles, Killer Bees, Q*Bert, Power Lords et al.  Finding all that stuff on individidual carts would cost a small fortune.  I was hesitant about it as first....but I'm really glad I went that route.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: