Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
April 17, 2021, 01:12:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About this forum...  (Read 68349 times)
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2007, 09:43:39 PM »

Its the website of the hosting service. Mostly when you have reserved a domain but you haven't uploaded a site yet you get get to see a standard 'splash-page' from the hosting service. This looks to be it. It also mentiones that the site is under construction, so it looks like somebody is working on it.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2007, 09:53:19 PM »

It all sounds like a script for a nice adventure game.

8 bits of fun
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2007, 10:45:53 PM »

THe site is showing under construction, but it is now by a new hosting company!

The original was a UK company, this one says it is in Hopkinsville, KY!?

Per the error:

Permanent address access to this website will be available once all DNS servers update themselves in the next few days.

This looks to me like someone (Richard, Dieter, whomever), is bringing the videopac.org site back up again. Would be nice to know who!?

Stay tuned for developments!!!???

grgh

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2007, 11:50:10 PM »

I was able to get onto the games page this morning as well, knew I should have cached it all offline!

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »

It's up and running again and there is a forum page as well!

I have 12"
grgh

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2007, 05:42:47 PM »

That still wasn't working just an hour ago when I tried it!
None of the old forum there yet though.

grgh

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2007, 06:01:30 PM »

http://www.videopac.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2

fernandotcl
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2007, 06:04:56 PM »

There's even a post in the forum:

Quote from: VPR
Hello Guys

please don't bother registering or posting anything significant

I shall make it that you dont have to be logged in to post here !!

I now have to try to recreate the database

Quote from: VPR
anything posted will be lost when the database is restored.

please rememberf to type your username into the name box when you post otherwise you will be called guest !!!

Are we supposed to just go back to the old forum when it's rebuilt? I don't know about you guys, but I believe this forum is more reliable than videopac.org's, I'm not sure I want to switch back.
grgh

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2007, 06:11:33 PM »

Well I hope if the owner is happy to do it this forum should stay  Huh?

I'll certainly be hanging around here. Looking at the pages already available I would say what has been restored is somewhere around mid 2006, but I could be wrong.

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2007, 06:17:45 PM »

I like this forum!!!  Smiley I will visit the other one. We need to find out why Richard was offline so long, lets listen to what he has to say.

I have 12"
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »

i wil stay with this forum  as well.

8 bits of fun
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2007, 09:23:18 PM »

Well, if Richard is back, he's on a new hosting service. Putting the forum back up will take a bit of work - not much - but some. It mainly depends on what he had from the old forum in regards to backup. He would then have to make some changes to the SQL database to make it work on the new host.

I've been through this at least 3 times with my own forum(s), and it is not that fun to do.

If Richard can bring the old forum back up, with the majority of the old post, I will gladly switch back to the old videopac . org forum. This one is good, but I'll be honest in that I do not care for this forum's software. To hard to navigate, and I'm really tired of that issue where you post and it throws you back to the listing - not the post you were in.

Guess if the old forum comes back, it will be a battle of the forums. With a small following in the VP/O2 area, I really don't think we need two forums. I would personally thing that Richard and Robbert will have to work this out themselves - or we could vote on it.

I don't want two forums for our underdog system(s)... Simply put!

Plus, do we need people split between two forums. That would not be good for our little community as a whole, as anyone should realize.

Ack! I will have to admit that I kind of saw this coming. Not to cut Robbert down, but this board should have been put up as a temporary thing until we knew for sure what was happening with Richard - which we still don't know for sure.

Myself, I think I'll wait till Richard gets something back up, and see what he has to say in regards to his absence - and the game orders (route 66) that he hadn't fullfilled yet! Then I will truly make up my mind.

Man, this sucks.....  Sad
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 09:27:46 PM by ozyr » Logged

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2007, 09:35:55 PM »

I'm sticking with this forum for now.  I still can't access the videopac.org forum.  Long-term having two independent sites for such a small group might not work well.  I VERY much appreciate this site and the commitment of the hosts to keep the videopac/odyssey 2 discussion alive!!!  

I would want to know the other site is going to be around without getting yanked from us unannounced.  I think Richard owes us an explaination but I'm keeping an open mind.  He was always very helpful whenever I had a question.  
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2007, 09:37:16 PM »

I like this forum!!!  Smiley I will visit the other one. We need to find out why Richard was offline so long, lets listen to what he has to say.

I missed your post here. This is the real deal here. We need to know what happened with Richard.

Simple fact that he is putting the old site back up  - under a new host - means that he is still out there. We just don't know what happened. Hope he has a good story!

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2007, 11:06:44 PM »

With respect to the number of forum members and the number of active Videopac/Odyssey2 collectors I agree that we don't need two forums, but I'm very happy Robbert has made this forum so soon after the other one disappeared, so we could at least talk with each other again, and there are already so many posts on this forum that we can't just throw it away.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: