Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 05, 2020, 03:05:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About this forum...  (Read 61798 times)
fernandotcl
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2007, 10:50:40 PM »

How do you search in google cache? Never heard of it, but very interessed.
You can just find the site in Google (a regular search will do) and then click the link named "Cached" for the entry you need. Perhaps there's a more straightforward way to do it, but that's the only way I know.

That is strange... Huh? I'm not having these problems myself. I'll check with my host.

Anyone else having these problems?
Apparently it's related to the OS:

- XP, direct connection: works
- XP, behind NAT: didn't test
- Linux, direct connection: doesn't work
- Linux, behind NAT: doesn't work

The Linux boxes I connected from are completely unrelated and are completely distinct setups. I'll be able to test from a FreeBSD proxy tomorrow or next week.

I don't think your host is firewalling by OS fingerprinting, so it could be path MTU discovery or some other kind of configuration screw ups. Your host is accepting ICMP echo discoveries, though, so I don't understand why they would block other ICMP messages. Anyways, I'll double-check MTUs and ICMP blocking rules here. Could be related to TCP window sizes as well. I'll take a look at it when I have a bit of spare time, probably next week.
mjb
Post Axe Pete!

Another Year More Videopac To Colllect

mark.bodiella BarmyfishUK
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2007, 10:52:25 PM »

Likewise found the link on ebay great idea

Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2007, 10:58:56 PM »

Fernandotcl, thanks for all the efforts. I'm not that well advanced on the technical level of server technics so I hope I can rely on you a little bit here.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
dronspa
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 01:09:30 AM »

I was newbie on videopac.org, but it's nice to see all of you here.

I hope all it's ok with Richard... I had a problem buying Clay Piggeon and I mailed him on last 26 july... but no response, and I didn't see online in the forums.

Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 02:29:33 AM »

I'm thinking of putting an add on ebay for this forum so most of the old chaps will find out that there is a new forum. I have already entered the forum into google but it can take up to 30 days before it starts showing up there.

Janzl

I'm curious as to why you would put this on ebay?! To sell the forum, or to just promote it - and how would you promote it through ebay!? If you are just trying to promote the new location, just give it time, simple as that. Richard's site took about 3-6 months to really establish itself once people knew it was there (and it had been stagnant for about 1-2 years before it became popular). These things just take time. Lay back, relax, and just let people find this place.

If Richard is gone somehow (I hope not), wouldn't it just be best to leave this forum in place, or do you not want to host it long term?

Just curious here... as there are options if this is not to be a permanent home for a O2/VP forum.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 02:32:14 AM by ozyr » Logged

Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 09:38:06 AM »

Hi Ozyr,

I have decided to put it on ebay to help the old members of videopac.org find it. I couldnt think of a better spot where all the old members could be found.

I guess almost everybody has the same problem: where is the forum ? and where should I go now. Thats the only reason. Selling didn't even come in mind, in fact I have explicitely stated in the add that the forum is not for sale but that I'm just using eBay to help people find the forum.
I had this habit of watching the forum everyday and it was really like a very cold shower when it was gone.

I do plan to host it long term if Richards forum doesn't come back again. But initially I put it online as a substitute.

I guess the whole dissapearance of the forum is to much of a cold turkey for many of us  Grin

The add is a one time thing, from now on the forum should indeed establish itself.

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 10:28:20 AM »

I contacted the hosting company of videopac.org, told them that I am administrator of the forums and also have an email address there (ccc@videopac.org), with very important data in the forums and my mailbox. I offered them to pay the hosting for one additional year so that we have access to the data, but they declined:

Dear Customer,

I am afraid as this is not your account it is therefore not your data and we can not release it to you.

It seems that there is absolutely no way to access the forum and email data until Richard pays his bills (at least I presume that this is the reason for the suspension). Loads of very important data would be lost.

Two days after videopac.org disappeared, I had a forum finished on my new Classic Consoles Center website (which is not online yet), but was too slow to announce it - Robbert was faster with his forum. On my new CCC website I will concentrate on Videopac, Creativision and Interton. I have there the only Creativision and Interton forums in the world, and the Videopac forum would have fit there perfectly. But as Richard had his forum, I never promoted mine. Now with the disappearance of videopac.org there was my chance but alas, I was too slow.

Anyway, as Richard did not reply to anyone so far (I hope he is well), it's hard to decide what to do. Retyping all the important data (for example the Sherlock release) is really a lot of work - I don't want to do that when maybe the old forum goes online again two days later ...

Has anyone from the UK guys tried to reach Richard by telephone?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:36:47 AM by ccc--- » Logged

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 10:42:12 AM »

HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the f**cking hell are you lot  Grin Grin Grin

Nice to see the old crowd back on the net, I found this via ebay, good idea. Man what a bugger about videopac.org, I cant believe its down. If Richard ever comes back on the scene I think he will have a lot of explaining to do. I had Stephen Lister (LIST) email and now I have lost it, he should be invited back. He was one of the founding poster on the original forums, anyone got any info. ?

Well I didn't get smoked in Greece, nearly did in Albania!! Dieter, I agree with you regarding Sherlock, but considering virtually nothing got organised apart from a few areas which people were going to cover I cant see it being that much of a problem setting up the forum, again and starting to get the game released as well (well spend another year debating it :Smiley.

I hope all you guys are ok, I have book marked this forum and intend to post to it many hundreds of times to make it very popular indeed! 

I have 12"
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 11:08:22 AM »

BTW: I sent Richard an old-fashioned letter yesterday which he should receive on Monday or so. Maybe this is a way to reach him.

Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 01:36:07 PM »

Well It is going well, more people are pooring in and the respones are positive  Smiley

Dieter, I don't want to go into some videopac forum competition, if people decide to go with your forum thats fine by me  Smiley

My goal is that there simply is a videopac forum, as anybody else I, prefer that the old videopac.org forum would be back. Lets just hope that Richard gets back into the picture.

TedFoolery
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »

Thanks to all who notified me of the new forum.

I regularly checked the old forum a few times a day, so I was COMPLETELY LOST when it went down. Thanks Janzi for stepping in to fill the void.

CCC - you would think the host would accept anybody's money to keep the website up. They wouldn't have to give you any login info or passwords, just re-activate the domain.

I do hope Richard is alright. Just a thought - maybe Fernandez Black kidnapped Richard!

Ted
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2007, 08:33:18 PM »

CCC - you would think the host would accept anybody's money to keep the website up. They wouldn't have to give you any login info or passwords, just re-activate the domain.
That's what I offered them, but maybe the misunderstood me. I'll try again.

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »

Ok, just transfered them money via PayPal. Now lessee what happens ...

Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2007, 08:33:44 AM »

Has anybody ever met Richard in real life? And if yes...   is this thim? :http://www.ukscreen.com/cast/lurpak
If anyone can aknowledge that it is him, maybe we can contact him through here.

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2007, 01:28:08 PM »

Has anybody ever met Richard in real life? And if yes...   is this thim? :http://www.ukscreen.com/cast/lurpak
If anyone can aknowledge that it is him, maybe we can contact him through here.
I think that's really him!! Warrington appears also in the whois info of his videopac.org website. And his nick is lurpak here - the same as he had on his Videopac site a few years ago. This *must* be him. I didn't know he's an actor and singer.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: