Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
April 17, 2021, 02:07:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About this forum...  (Read 68370 times)
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2007, 11:42:32 PM »

A battle of the forums? please no!

I have put this forum as an alternative for the disappeared videopac.org forum. This means that I still very much respect the old forum and all the efforts Richard has put into it.

So we can make this very simple.

Old forum is back, no alternative needed.

You can just collect all the info on this forum that you see as important and put it in the videopac.org forum.

What else can I say...

Thats my opinion. I just host this sucker and try to let the members shape it by their suggestions. I don't consider myself to be a Videopac/Odyssey2 guru but I loved the old forum very much and came up with this forum when the old one was gone because I couldn't deal with the cold-turkey. Embarrassed

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2007, 12:36:04 AM »

Where I find two people talking about ody, I will be there Wink
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2007, 01:32:10 AM »

Old forum is back, no alternative needed.

You can just collect all the info on this forum that you see as important and put it in the videopac.org forum.

Wow, that is very nice of you - truly! However, if Richard does bring back the old forum (and it looks like it will happen) I still think he owns us to some extent. Over one month with no contact, then his site is up again!? I would think he could have signed up here and posted something (I can't believe he doesn't know this is here).

Main thing I would like Richard to do if the old forum comes back.

I think Robbert should be made a co-administrator of the old forum and site! His work here should be incorporated into the old forum. This would include things like the cool smilies, the overall organization of the forum, and so on. Richard was never one to do certain things, like the smilies, which I bugged him about many times. So, if the old comes back - and Richard has a very good excuse for his absence, make Robbert a Co-Admin!!!

He's got my vote!

P.S. I know that Dieter was co-admin of the old forum, but I think someone needs to be co-admin on a more deeper level, so we don't end up with a repeat of what happened in August. Richard needs to setup his hosting service so that someone else can take over if something happens to him, just in case. I think we realize now how important a O2/VP forum is!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 09:49:00 PM by ozyr » Logged

Phosphor Dot Fossils
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2007, 06:15:24 AM »

I will back up what ozyr is saying here - someone needs to be a co-admin, someone else needs to hold the keys.  Now obviously this can get to be a hairy decision because who would Richard trust that much?  That's really up to him.

I run a site that's two years away from being at the same domain for 10 years, and has been on the web in some form or other since 1995 (and before that, the content that makes up the site goes back to the '80s, to my BBS days).  I most certainly do have a "co-pilot" who holds the keys, can do all the same admin stuff that I can do with regards to maintaining/continuing the site, and God forbid if anything ever happened to me, he'd take over and the rest of the staff would do the best they could to cover for my absence.  You guys would barely notice.   Tongue  In fact, there was a recent example of this while I was getting ready for the baby, and told everyone that I basically needed a month's content in advance.  (Yeah, sure, no problem, you want it when? they laughed.  Wink )  In a way, that was a test run for any scenario where I'm incapacitated or unavailable for an extended period.

Not that any of that matters to anyone here, but whoever's running the site, they need a co-pilot.  It just makes sense.
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2007, 03:21:02 AM »

Searching the old Richard?s forum I found this one which I never saw before. Who?s the owner of this?

http://www.videopac.org.uk/
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2007, 07:29:24 AM »

Searching the old Richard?s forum I found this one which I never saw before. Who?s the owner of this?

http://www.videopac.org.uk/

Never seen that one before. Last update in 2005, but 'I Batchelor'!?  Huh?

dronspa
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2007, 10:36:33 AM »

Making a "whois":

Domain name:
        videopac.org.uk

Registrant:
        Videopac

Registrant type:
        Unknown

Registrant's address:
        21 SOUTHAMPTON ROW
        LONDON
        WC1B 5HA
        GB

Registrar:
        Claranet Limited [Tag = CLARANET]
        URL: http://www.uk.clara.net

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 14-May-2003
        Renewal date:  14-May-2009
        Last updated:  13-Feb-2007

Registration status:
        Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
        ns0.clara.net
        ns1.clara.net
        ns2.clara.net

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2007, 12:36:17 PM »

Richard sent me an email. He is allright, but had some private problems and also technical problems with his hoster. I don't want to explain that all in detail, I leave it up to Richard.

As you all saw, the old site is back under a new hoster. There are some technical problems with the forums, especially with importing all the old posts to the new site. This will take a few more days, but the old forum will be online again.

As soon as the forum is back, I will make backups to my HDD frequently, so that a blackout cannot happen again.

Sorry for not being online too much in the last time, I had a lot of work in my company. And in my spare time I am still working on the relaunch of the CCC website which should be online in November. As my business is a season-business, I will have much more time for our hobby from November to February. I am really looking forward to that.

Oh, and here are the release dates for Tutankham:

25th October 2007: Premiere at the Austrian collector's meeting in Vienna *
26th October 2007: Orders from Videopac forum members are taken
1st November 2007: Orders from all other people are taken

* This is our frequent small meeting (every 2 - 3 months) with only six people, so no worry that the game might be sold out after the meeting *lol*

For the first, only one copy per person will be sold, I really want that as many collectors and gamers as possible will be able to play the game. *Maybe* there will be a second edition later so that everyone can buy as many copies as he wants (I *might* do that for Flash Point and Shark Hunter as well).

dronspa
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2007, 02:35:09 PM »

Well Dieter, these are very good news!! It's very difficult to export a forum database, hope you get it! Wink

"26th October 2007: Orders from Videopac forum members are taken"
Wow!! We only have to wait 20 days!!!   Cheesy Cheesy

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2007, 03:54:43 PM »

19 ;-)

another first release @ my home ... looks like dieter always waits until its my turn to host the austrian collectors meeting to release his games ... (the last was shark hunter, if I remember right ?)

sex, lies, and videopac
list
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »

lets just hope richard makes ammends for the game and cover i was suppose to of had months ago

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2007, 07:19:41 PM »

We Im just looking forward to get a copy of Route 66m another one to the collection!!

I have 12"
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2007, 08:26:59 PM »

I mentioned in my email to Richard that some of you guys are still waiting for stuff they already paid. I am sure he will fix that soon ...

ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2007, 08:48:57 PM »

19 ;-)

another first release @ my home ... looks like dieter always waits until its my turn to host the austrian collectors meeting to release his games ... (the last was shark hunter, if I remember right ?)

Yes that's true!

Flash Point was released at Eurocon 2004 in Den Haag on 29th October 2004
One copy was auctioned off by Roloff de Jeu: http://www.mayhem64.co.uk/euro2k4/euro2k4v.jpg

Shark Hunter was released at Mark's on 3rd March 2006
http://www.defconsoft.co.uk/collectors-gatherings/at-marks-vienna-march-3rd-2006/

Tutankham will be released at Mark's again ...

Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2007, 02:47:52 AM »

Well, the original (old) forum is back up - not sure if for good now. No post yet from Richard. I posted on there for his reply to what happened. Until then, I will not post there, as I want to know what the heck happened!

Till then, two forums...  Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: