Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
August 08, 2020, 08:34:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with G7000/Videopac - Can anyone help? :(  (Read 4982 times)
Nognir
Attacked the Timelord

« on: March 27, 2008, 10:06:58 PM »

Hello Guys!

I'm new to this forums and I got a real problem ^^
I was redirected here from the AtariAge forums so I hope you guys can help me out.

I got this some time ago and I experienced a problem. Always when I insert a game I get the following screen:

This happens with every game I insert and I have nearly twenty of them so It has to be something with the console.
Can anyone help? Sad

Real games need only one button
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:27:08 PM »

Well, I'm sure the resident experts will chick in shortly.

As for MHO, it looks like your unit may just be fried. That screen looks nasty. In most cases, I would make sure that the cartridge port is clear of any debris and clean. Also make sure to clean the game contacts. This may help, but from what you have described, it looks like an issue with the O2 unit. Not sure if this would be easily fixable?

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 06:02:46 PM »

The first thing to check is the cartridge connector of the console, as dirt may have fallen into it. If it is clean and if pressing the Reset button doesn't make any difference, it might not be easy to fix, depending on how much experience you have with repairing electronic equipment like this.
An easier solution might be to buy a second cheap console on eBay.
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 06:40:57 PM »

Did you take a look inside to see if anything is burned out or obviously disconnected? If you have a pic of a damaged part there might be someone here who can suggest a replacement as there is probably has a circuit diagram around here somewhere. Your G7000 might still have the sticker on the bottom showing its version number like G7000/00 or G7000/15.

Another console might be an easier option, some of us have a few spare. Where in the world are you?

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 07:55:20 PM »

according to his post at atariage he is from germany, Regenstauf (near Regensburg) Bavaria.

8 bits of fun
Nognir
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 02:27:02 AM »

sorry for checking back so late.

This weekend I managed to open the console and clean it, but It didn't help. Unfortunately my skills are not so good, so I probably shouldn't mess around with that ^^ I will show this to a friend of mine who has more experience with something like that.

I am looking at the moment for a replacement now, but I think I should get it soon on eBay.
Thanks for all your suggestions! Smiley

I hope to get that replacement soon. I finally want to play my lot of games Sad

Real games need only one button
LTS
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 03:53:39 PM »

Hello,

although the post here is quite old, I have now (Jan 2012) the same problem on my g7000.

Was there any solution to your problem ?
 The last message here doesn?t indicate any solution to this likely hardware failure of the console.

Eager to learn !

Laurie.

gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »

One option I forgot to mention:

If there are any socketed IC's (like the CPU, RAM and VDC chip) you can try pressing them down into the sockets with appropriate force. It could be a bad contact between the sockets and the chips..

>>G7000 G7200(P+S) G7400 N60 JET27 VG5000 ZX80 ZX81 ORIC-1 COMX35 Aquarius<<
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 09:58:07 PM »

I had a bad console that did the same thing.  I took it apart a few months ago to clean it and there is a semi clear sticky substance all over the motherboard.  I'm assuming someone spilled coke or some type of soda on it.  Now it doesn't even power up at all.  I'm guessing the corrosive nature of soda did that one in.

Nothing wrong with having a few spare parts O2 consoles around! Cheesy  I have two parts consoles now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: