Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 25, 2017, 03:30:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Game! Free Food For Fish by Rafael! Pre-order now and overhere!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: favorite PS3 games  (Read 8660 times)
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: April 03, 2008, 11:02:05 PM »

Today i bought Uncharted Drake's Fortune for the PS3.
I allready own Motorstorm, Call of Duty 3, Resistence fall of men and Assassin's creed.
Finished cod3 and resistence. So now and then i play motorstorm for fun. And i was trying to play assassin's creed, but since it hasn't got subtitles, it hard for me to follow conversations on screen (i allready adjusted the background sounds), so i just can't get into the game.
I tryed the uncharted demo and i liked it, so i will finish this game. Soon i will be getting GTA V and Brother in Arms: hell's highway.
But now i wonder what are other games that are interesting to play on the ps3?

8 bits of fun
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:04:48 PM »

COD4 looks and plays amazing on my PC.  I can imagine it would be even better on the PS3.  I think it would be worth it if you liked COD3. 
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »

I think the prices of the games for PS3 are extortionate

I have 12"
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 04:51:11 PM »

I think the prices of the games for PS3 are extortionate

Yeah, Sony really lost out on that console, I read a yahoo article saying Sony lost something like 5 Billion on the PS3!

They say even with the original price of the PS3, they were still more expensive than that to make them...
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 09:47:43 PM »

That is very common these days with consoles. Microsoft is losing a lot of money also on the xbox360. That console is also more expensive to make then it sell for. And with the high failure rate it costs them even more money.
The prices for ps3 and xox360 games are on the same level. Only pc titles are commonly 10 euro less.

8 bits of fun
Rene_G7400
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 11:47:24 PM »

Back in the days, Videopac games were expensive too (about 45 Euro, without inflation correction).
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 11:53:41 PM »

How about the price of a neogeo aes game. They where price at $200,-, you could buy a gameconsole + game for that amount of money.
Remember that snes games also costs fl125,- dutch gulden. About ? 56,- euro. So prices are on the same level as they where back in the days.
The sollution, wait until the games is a few months old, then they run for half price, or buy them 2nd hand. That's how i buy them.

8 bits of fun
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 12:53:29 AM »

That is very common these days with consoles. Microsoft is losing a lot of money also on the xbox360. That console is also more expensive to make then it sell for. And with the high failure rate it costs them even more money.
The prices for ps3 and xox360 games are on the same level. Only pc titles are commonly 10 euro less.

I didn't know that.  So both MS and Sony are hurting in the console department, maybe the high prices of the games give them some sort of profit?  Other wise I wouldn't see a reason for them to continue with consoles.

Personally, I am a PC gamer, it is cheaper (games, not the video cards!) and I love all of the options I have on a PC.
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 09:18:15 PM »

It's the same with printer manufactures. You know those budget printers for like 40 euro. If you buy new ink for it you probably pay like 45 euro for new ink. They make profit with the sell of ink cartridges, that's why they don't like the refill shops, because it cuts there profits.
Microsoft and Sony can hold on because in case of Sony the longer the console stays on the market the cheaper it get to construct them. Ever seen the difference between a first generation playstation and the last playstation 1. They leave out a lot of connectors reduce the size of the motherboard and components and it's cheaper to make. Thus a higher profit.
Microsoft on the other hand always knew the first 2 consoles wouldn't make a lot of profit. Even with the original xbox they lost a lot of money. But they calculated it as a risk in order to establish a market. So software sales can boost up the incomes.

8 bits of fun
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 11:31:14 PM »

It's the same with printer manufactures. You know those budget printers for like 40 euro. If you buy new ink for it you probably pay like 45 euro for new ink. They make profit with the sell of ink cartridges, that's why they don't like the refill shops, because it cuts there profits.
Microsoft and Sony can hold on because in case of Sony the longer the console stays on the market the cheaper it get to construct them. Ever seen the difference between a first generation playstation and the last playstation 1. They leave out a lot of connectors reduce the size of the motherboard and components and it's cheaper to make. Thus a higher profit.
Microsoft on the other hand always knew the first 2 consoles wouldn't make a lot of profit. Even with the original xbox they lost a lot of money. But they calculated it as a risk in order to establish a market. So software sales can boost up the incomes.

Thats a great comparison, and it makes a lot of sense.  Our ink jet was like 70-100 USD and the ink is almost that much...big time rip.  Anybody here have any luck with a color laser printer?  I have thought about that as ink jet also is a pain to constantly maintain to reduce the horizontal banding which seems to never go away as the printer ages... 
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 12:12:12 AM »

I use an inkjet Canon PIXMA MP780 printer/copier/scanner, we've had it a couple of years and use it frequently and we've never had any issues. I don't use genuine Canon ink cartridges (of course Canon say you should only use theirs), and buy much cheaper third party ones for a couple of ? each (happyprinter.co.uk). I've had no problems with banding or ink so far.

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 12:54:23 AM »

I use an inkjet Canon PIXMA MP780 printer/copier/scanner, we've had it a couple of years and use it frequently and we've never had any issues. I don't use genuine Canon ink cartridges (of course Canon say you should only use theirs), and buy much cheaper third party ones for a couple of ? each (happyprinter.co.uk). I've had no problems with banding or ink so far.

That sounds like a great printer.  I will definitely keep canon in mind when it is time for an upgrade.  The Epson I have is nice except for the banding.  I can get rid of the banding after a lot of head cleaning and head alignments, but that consumes ink and a lot of time so it really isn't worth it.  It is all just one big headache until I buy a better printer that is.   
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 11:51:22 PM »

Try to use your printer every week, so the inkt won't dry n the printer head.
We , my wife and i, use 3 printers. A hp all-in-one mainly to scan and to use it as a copier. Sometimes i use it to print non photo color prints.
Then i use a monochrome laser printer to print out manuals and magazines. It's fast and costs less then a inkt print.
My wife uses a epson styles pro 2400 A3 to print photos, but it isn't used enough so we have to clean the heads first every time i want to print a photo.

8 bits of fun
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 12:44:36 AM »

Try to use your printer every week, so the inkt won't dry n the printer head.
We , my wife and i, use 3 printers. A hp all-in-one mainly to scan and to use it as a copier. Sometimes i use it to print non photo color prints.
Then i use a monochrome laser printer to print out manuals and magazines. It's fast and costs less then a inkt print.
My wife uses a epson styles pro 2400 A3 to print photos, but it isn't used enough so we have to clean the heads first every time i want to print a photo.

Do you manually clean the heads or is that not even possible?  My printer has this automatic head cleaning thing but it takes up a lot of ink and has a slim better result.
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 09:08:04 PM »

It's done automatically when turn on the printer. But it's not enough to clean the heads, so i need to do a software clean as well.

8 bits of fun
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: