Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 25, 2017, 03:29:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Game! Free Food For Fish by Rafael! Pre-order now and overhere!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Colecovision  (Read 7867 times)
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« on: September 11, 2007, 07:35:37 PM »

Anyone have a favorite colecovision game?  I am slowly building my collection but I don't have an interest in the poorly made games.  Coleco was infamous for rushing games out before they were ready.  I have several of the common games like; Donkey Kong, DK Jr., Lady Bug, Smurf's, Turbo, Zaxxon, and a few harder to find games like; Heist, Miner 2049er, and Keystone Kaper.  I'm looking for some of the lesser known games that were still fun to play.  I still don't have Powerlords for colecovision, it comes up at ebay auctions less frequently for Colecovision than it does O2/Videopac! 

Thanks!
Rafael
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:04:10 AM »

I guess the Colecovision never was released in my country. Most of the kids had an Atari and the Odyssey was the second place. A Colecovision clone was released it?s named Splicevision. I never see one of these.  Shocked
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:21:59 AM »

ColecoVision...

all great arcade translations:
Pepper II (I don't think any other system has this great game)
Q*bert - about the best home version I know of.
Gyruss - kick butt!
PacMac - released prototype - I love pacman, and this version is very good.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 03:19:24 AM by ozyr » Logged

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 05:59:33 AM »

I don't have Gyruss or the Coleco PacMan version.  Thanks for the advice. 

Raphael, I know colecovision was released under different names (or cloned by other companies) but most of the oversea's carts I see have the CBS logo on them.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:14:26 PM by RickO2 » Logged
almoehi
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 04:05:39 PM »

My favorite is Time Pilot and Gyruss
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 03:21:04 AM »

Pac-Man was release at GCE some years past. I got it from Sean in Chicago during one of his gatherings. As said, a good version of Pac-man. My favorite version is actually for the Atari 5200 - with a better joystick!  :Smiley

Phosphor Dot Fossils
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 06:55:39 AM »

My favorite Colecovision game: anything that happens not to be It's Only Rock 'N' Roll.  God, what a stinker!   Cheesy
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 04:22:22 PM »

I should be getting Frogger II in the mail soon.  It is a rare game but I got it for a decent price because the sticker on the cartridge is damaged.  I also HOPE to be getting Gyruss soon.  I keep getting outbid at the last minute  Roll Eyes   UPDATE: I just won an auction for Gyruss and it was much less than I have bid in the past.  Hopefully it arrives in great shape and playable.

I haven't been playing the colecovision much since I starter the Game of the Month board on this forum.  I have contacted someone in a nearby city that is willing to do a composite mod and led power light for $50-$60 (US) so I think I'm going to take it over to him soon.  I still haven't built up enough confidence to try the mod myself.  I have too much into the system to risk ruining it.  I think I'll ask Santa for a soldering gun and some supplies this Christmas.  I might start out on an Atari because they are cheap to replace.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 04:05:49 AM by RickO2 » Logged
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 08:31:22 AM »

Colecovision is a very interesting system for me. I didn't have one back then, but always liked the great graphics and depth of the games. They really looked like the arcade games.

Bought some Colecovision games recently. I have around 50 games so far, but except for the commons most of them are cart only or cart with manual - which is unusal for me, because I mainly collect complete in box. But 1) it is hard to find boxed games for the Colecovision and 2) if you find them they are very expensive.

All my Colecovision stuff is packed in boxes, but I'd loke to play it soon. Maybe I'll find the time during the holidays.

Here is a list of Colecovision games that I have so far:

Activision   Decathlon
Activision   H.E.R.O.
Atarisoft   Centipede
Atarisoft   Defender
Atarisoft   Dig Dug
Atarisoft   Joust
Atarisoft   Pac-Man
CBS   Telly Turtle
CBS   Cabbage Patch Kids - Adv In T Park
CBS   Mouse Trap
CBS   Pepper II
CBS   Gorf
CBS   Donkey Kong
CBS   Smurf
CBS   Smurf
CBS   Space Panic
CBS   Zaxxon
CBS   Venture
CBS   Venture
CBS   Donkey Kong Jr
CBS   Donkey Kong Jr
CBS   Space Fury
CBS   Carnival
CBS   Cosmic Avenger
CBS   Cosmic Avenger
CBS   Lady Bug
CBS   Mr. Do!
CBS   Looping
CBS   Time Pilot
CBS   Rocky - Super Action Boxing
CBS   Slither
CBS   Frenzy
CBS   Front Line
CBS   Super Action Football
CBS   Tarzan
CBS   Antarctic Adventure
CBS   Space Panic
CBS   Space Fury
CBS   Super Action Football
Coleco   2010 - The Graphic Action Game
Coleco   Destructor
Coleco   Illusions
Coleco   The Dukes Of Hazzard
Coleco   Turbo
Imagic   Nova Blast
Interphase   Squish'em Featuring Sam
Parker   Popeye
Parker   Star Wars - The Arcade Game
Parker   Frogger
Parker   Montezuma's Revenge
Parker   Q*bert
Probe 2000   War Room
Sierra   B.C.'s Quest For Tires
Telegames   Motocross Racer

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 08:36:49 AM by ccc--- » Logged

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 08:44:32 PM »

Bought some Colecovision games recently. I have around 50 games so far, but except for the commons most of them are cart only or cart with manual - which is unusal for me, because I mainly collect complete in box. But 1) it is hard to find boxed games for the Colecovision and 2) if you find them they are very expensive.

You are right.  Rare complete in box (CIB) colecovisision games are hard to find and even harder to buy.  I'm happy just finding a cartridge.  I do a have a couple of  CIB games but they are commons.  Kudos on the atarisoft games.  They are very difficult to find here in the USA.  Centipede and Defender are pretty easy to find but Joust and Pac Man hardly ever show up on auction sites.  Jungle Hunt is another Atarisoft game I have had my eye on but haven't been able to buy.
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 08:50:04 AM »

Pac-Man, Joust and Dig Dug were CGE 01 releases in pretty low quantities, so those are very tough to come by. I was happy enough to get a copy of those three back then.

Also check out my Atarisoft FAQ at http://www.dieterkoenig.at/cgi-bin/s_at_faqatarisoft.pl?company=%22Atarisoft%22&sort_a=catalog

Phosphor Dot Fossils
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »

Another Colecovision game to avoid: NAP's unfinished proto (released at CGE in the early 2000s) of POWER LORDS.  Click here to learn more - there's even a video of the game in action.  Nothing to write home about though.   Tongue
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 01:21:46 PM »

Wow, but those additional scenes look interesting.

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 04:07:21 AM »

Just got my Colecovision modded and the picture is incredible!  I was having problems with RF interferance, maybe because I have so many electronics in a small area  Embarrassed , and now it looks great!  Also had a led power light added.  A local guy did the work and I am impressed.  It looks factory built.  I played HERO and BC Quest for Tires for about half an hour earlier today.  Gyruss will be hooked up later tonight  Grin

At some point I will catalog my colecovision games.  I have somewhere between 20-30 now.  I've been trying to stick to the fun games for the time being.  Thanks to those who earlier mentioned games I might like (or to stay away from).  So far so good.
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 04:44:34 AM »

How was it MODed. S-video? Just curious, as I'd like to have one of my Coleco's done some year - along with a good system overhaul (I don't have 1 Colecovision that works 100%)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: