Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 09, 2019, 05:38:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally got a vectrex.  (Read 10893 times)
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: April 20, 2008, 08:32:43 PM »

I finally got myself a vectrex Smiley. When i was on holiday last week in gran canaria i found out i had wireless access from one of the shops near the hotel. So i was browsing marktplaats just for fun and i did see a older advert for a vectrex for only 17,50 euro. I did place a 25 euro bid and got a reply from the seller that i could pick it up. Since i didn't come home from holiday before last friday i'd mailed him that i would pick it up at saturday and asked him to pull the ad from the site.
Unfortunately he didn't do this so other people started bidding on it. I was a little mad because he already said that i could pick it up. This saturday the highest bid was 40 euro (still cheap, but more then the 25 i could have picked it up for).
Since he had his phonenummer in the ad i called him after dropping my wife of at school (she is attending school to become a professional photographer) in boxtel near eindhoven. The seller is living in eindhoven. I tolled him that i wanted to buy the vectrex and that he had mailed me that i could pick it up at 25 euro. He sounded a little surprised and a moment later he said i could pick it up for 35 euro (still cheap) if i could pick it up within half an hour. Since i was in eindhoven this was pretty easy. So now i own a nice vectrex . Have to clean the outside and do a little cleaning to the joystick buttons and do something against the vectrex buzz but it works fine.
Does somebody now where i can download high resolution overlays? I need the overlay for minestorm. I already have found a side how to print them but i have trouble in finding high res graphics.

8 bits of fun
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:39:58 PM »

Welcome to the most expensive retro game consoles of all time! (well maybe not the Neo Geo AES is expensive to collect for). Carts can go for $500-1000 easily!!!!! As for the buzz, it's famous for it.

I have 12"
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:03:43 PM »

get the multicart ... if there's one system where it REALLY is worth its money, its the Veccy ...

sex, lies, and videopac
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 06:33:01 PM »

which multicart are you talking about? there are probably about 10 out there!

I have 12"
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 10:25:23 PM »

really Huh? I bought mine years ago from sean kelly - propably not the latest version with all releases though ...

sex, lies, and videopac
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 10:28:40 PM »

There are 3 versions of Sean Kelly cart, all are rare and very valuable, I'm missing version 1.0 with the dipswitches, otherwise I have the other 2 versions.

I have 12"
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 04:34:47 AM »

All versions rare? The current one from about 5-7 years ago is still for sale, at $70... !?

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 10:41:20 PM »

Are you still happy with your Vectrex.  It is another system I would like to own at some point.  I can still find them for around $90US but the games get expensive.  I have wanted one since I was a kid and played with one on display at a local store.  I always thought the monitor made it look like a mini arcade game.
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 10:47:08 PM »

Yes, i still like the system. But i have to fix that buzz. It's an annoying sound.

8 bits of fun
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 11:08:15 PM »

Yes, i still like the system. But i have to fix that buzz. It's an annoying sound.

Well it's a standard vectrex sound Wink I think every vectrex does it. I know I have read somewhere that you can fix the buzz. I saw some online article  ages ago. I'm sure if you google it you must be able to find the article.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 12:51:45 AM »

The buzzing sound can be tweaked to a point, as far as I know, but you can't get rid of it. It is part of the way the system works.

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 10:42:13 AM »

Is the buzzing sound coming from the speaker or from somewhere else in the console?
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 05:57:03 PM »

Have to check, but i found these solutions. Think i will try the first in the pdf.
http://www.playvectrex.com/vectech/quietvec/quiet_vectrex.pdf
or more difficult:
scroll down and click No Buzz Vectrex. http://www.playvectrex.com/vectech_f.htm

Or do you have an other solution, Rene? Would love to hear.

8 bits of fun
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 12:23:25 AM »

Or do you have an other solution, Rene? Would love to hear.

No, I don't own a Vectrex (yet), but I would like to some day, because I think it's a technically interesting console.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 03:55:01 AM »

Isn't it actually 3D?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: