Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 24, 2019, 04:10:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the strangest thing you ever found after opening an electronic device?  (Read 6149 times)
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: April 26, 2008, 07:30:09 PM »

What is the strangest, least expected thing you ever discovered inside something electronic you decided to open?  When I opened my Odyssey 2 for the first time to clear out some dust and webs I found a long dead lady bug!

Another time when I opened up a broken record player I found a penny of the time the record player was likely made/used.

So whats the strangest thing you have ever found after taking apart something electronic?
Rafael
Pedit5
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 08:12:31 PM »

Probably a spider web with a dead spider.
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:48:16 PM »

A TV of which more than half of the PCB was covered with (dead) bugs.
Phosphor Dot Fossils
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:49:22 AM »

Remember that never-used-for-much-of-anything expansion port at the bottom of the NES, with the cover over it?  I know of at least two people who claim to have found a joint hidden in there.  I think that wins by default.   Shocked
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »

Finding a couple of prototypes! I open every videopac cart i get just in case  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I have 12"
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »

only dead bugs, allot of them.

8 bits of fun
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 05:47:49 PM »

lol  Yeah, finding a joint in an NES would be hilarious.  As for the prototypes in the videopac carts...that must of been quite a surprise!
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 06:58:58 PM »

lol  Yeah, finding a joint in an NES would be hilarious.  As for the prototypes in the videopac carts...that must of been quite a surprise!

It's only happened twice, but it's always nice when it happens!  Wink

I have 12"
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 07:32:57 PM »

I never really found anything strange but once I got a Colecovision and when I turned the power on... BOOM!!!  Shocked hahaha. Nobody was harmed (it wasn't really an explosion of course) but there was lots of smoke!

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 11:04:40 PM »

i once found a atari 2600 game card that contained something they call a game. It was called E.T.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

8 bits of fun
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 03:09:36 AM »

I never really found anything strange but once I got a Colecovision and when I turned the power on... BOOM!!!  Shocked hahaha. Nobody was harmed (it wasn't really an explosion of course) but there was lots of smoke!

lol  My history teacher told me that the old Soviet TV's would sometimes explode (they are cheaply made) and the glass becoming shrapnel would kill viewers close enough or unlucky enough. 

menz666
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 11:07:50 AM »

Got this from a Friend of mine with the comment "that damn thing doesn't read a disc. Keep it in your Collection,i never want it back". I've laughed half an our, put the cent away, cleaned the lens and it works like a charm...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: