Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 19, 2020, 05:47:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covers Canadian Odyssey games  (Read 9625 times)
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 04:19:18 AM »

lol I don't think anyone did.

I did!  Cheesy

I have one Canadian cartridge, which has the Europe style plastic case. I think it is Monkeyshines... I'd have to dig it out. All the cartridge labels are the same, except for the name of the game. Boxes/instructions have the same U.S. artwork.

When I get a chance, I'll dig out the one I have a take some pictures... Ay?

Sounds good!  I suppose as both of us being in the Northern U.S. we may be more likely to find some Canadian O2 carts.
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 05:13:00 AM »

I did!  Cheesy

I have one Canadian cartridge, which has the Europe style plastic case. I think it is Monkeyshines... I'd have to dig it out. All the cartridge labels are the same, except for the name of the game. Boxes/instructions have the same U.S. artwork.

Sounds good!  I suppose as both of us being in the Northern U.S. we may be more likely to find some Canadian O2 carts.

I live in Michigan (neighbor to Canada) and I've found more Japanese carts than Canadian carts  Huh?  Of course I've never gone after collecting Canadian carts. 
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 10:22:14 AM »

I did ... but I don't care about them Grin

sex, lies, and videopac
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »

Well apart from a few ropey scans I have never seen a Canadian game come up yet on Ebay 

maybe you should really improve your search techniques ...

here's three (running!) auctions I found in just a few minutes searching which contain canadian games:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300226306767   (<- complete games)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270235795252   (<- 1 loose game)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260124284534   (<- four loose games, two of which are canadian)

sex, lies, and videopac
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 12:24:36 PM »

Shhhh... I'm already watching that first one and I have the postage cost already  Wink

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 12:37:36 PM »

Shhhh... I'm already watching that first one and I have the postage cost already  Wink

I was already watching it too....
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 12:57:26 PM »

I was already watching it too....

Yeah but $2500.00 postage, didn't that put you off  Evil

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
dronspa
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 04:37:29 PM »

Any indexcarts in these canadian games? Maybe the same as brazilian games?

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 04:54:51 PM »

I did!  Cheesy

I live in Michigan (neighbor to Canada) and I've found more Japanese carts than Canadian carts  Huh?  Of course I've never gone after collecting Canadian carts. 

Cool, I live in Western Michigan. (around Grand Rapids)  You have actually found Jananese Odyssey 2 games in MI?  I have trouble finding any O2 carts in person here.
Spiderman
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »

a Canadese console:
http://www.bas-ditta.info/videopac/images/consoles/canadeesdoos.jpg

canadese games:
http://www.bas-ditta.info/videopac/teksten/canadees.htm
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 06:36:04 PM »

so much for no one knows about it  Cool

but first time I see these videopac games with the sticker ...

what's that 38 with the K.C. munchkin Cover ?? is it attached to the videopac cover somehow ? or is it the regular 38 manual ?

sex, lies, and videopac
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 09:06:48 PM »

Thanks for sharing!
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 11:47:51 PM »

i get a 403 on the first link. Spiderman, your Bas?

8 bits of fun
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 12:59:08 AM »

i get a 403 on the first link.

Go to this page first: http://www.bas-ditta.info/videopac/teksten/consoles.htm
O2William
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 04:18:45 AM »

As far as I can tell, Odyssey2 games were distributed in Canada in two ways.  Originally they imported the American games but packaged them in a cardboard slipcover.  The slipcover had a hole in the front so that you could see the cover art, but it had combination English/French titles on the bottom front and on the side panels, and on the back of the box.  The problem is, you literally cannot open the box until you remove the slipcover -- and once you remove it, there's not a lot of reason to hang onto it.  I suspect most people just threw the covers away, and they are awfully hard to find today.  I didn't even know they existed until I bought a lot of them on eBay a while ago.  I'll put them on my web site eventually; I just haven't had a chance to scan them yet. 

Incidentally, this makes it difficult to identify cardboard Canadian games on eBay -- if they don't have the slipcover, and the pics don't show the cart label, you won't be able to distinguish the box from the American version.

The cardboard box games had an extra French-language manual packaged in them and (like all Canadian games) have generic cart labels.  They used REALLY cheap glue on the Canadian cart labels -- they fall off all the time.

Eventually, Philips started distributing the games in the Videopac-style plastic boxes.  They had an extra French manual and a combination French/English paper sheet inserted to serve as the box cover.

If you visit the Games Database on my web site and search for games from Region: Canada, you'll see a list of Canadian games.  I either own or have seen pictures of all these, so I know they exist.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures online yet.

One other thing: I've seen many Canadian eBay lots that contain Videopac 38. I don't know if they actually sold the Videopac version in Canada of if a lot of Canadians imported it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: