Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 05, 2019, 04:09:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Janzl on holiday?  (Read 8510 times)
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« on: May 20, 2008, 04:59:08 PM »

He hasn't posted since 2nd May although the stats show he was online today.

I got an email from someone a few days ago waiting for their registration to be acknowledged, but it doesn't seem to have gone through yet as they haven't appeared as a new user.

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 05:14:15 PM »

Hmm, I remember a few days ago this site was down for hours.
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 05:23:46 PM »

2 or 3 days ago the site was down for a few hours. But since it was like 12 p.m. in the Netherlands i thought that maybe the provider was doing an update to they're server. I've had a website also, and from time to time i got mails from my provider saying they're doing update to they're systems at nighttime. So maybe it could be this.
Maybe he's on holiday, don't know.

8 bits of fun
grgh

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 05:44:43 PM »

Yes I think that was Sunday night around midnight, I assumed it was a site update as well. What a sad bunch we are  Smiley

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Janzl
Administrator

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 06:44:45 PM »

On a holiday??? I wish!!!   Cry

Nope just very very busy and most of the time I just really haven't anything interesting to say haha

He hasn't posted since 2nd May

Has it been that long..? whoops...  Embarrassed

I got an email from someone a few days ago waiting for their registration to be acknowledged, but it doesn't seem to have gone through yet as they haven't appeared as a new user.

I have had one new memberrequest on the 16th for somebody named kiki77. I have send them an activiation email but they haven't activated yet... If this is the member you mentioned George then let me know and I will activate his/hers account myself. The whole activation-thingy is meant to protect us from spammers. 99% succes this far.  Cool

Hmm, I remember a few days ago this site was down for hours.

This happens every once and a while, I don't know why. Sometimes the site is offline for a couple of minutes but it always restores itself.

Maybe he's on holiday, don't know.

Nope  Sad but even if I was, I can always manage the site as long as I have internet access. Even restoring the latest backup can be done from anywhere in the world so no worries. The site is NOT going to dissappear! Also the company hosting the site is from a friend of mine which leaves me with more options then the regular hosts.

So... everybody can go back to sleep safely, I am just very busy and this has left me with little energy to answer posts the last couple of weeks. But I'm still here!  Shocked

What a sad bunch we are  Smiley

Self knowledge is the first step to greatness George  Wink

So, no greeting cards from Janzl, just from sunny Nijmegen, where he has been on holiday for a couple of years now...  Wink
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:13:58 PM by Janzl » Logged

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 06:56:21 PM »

Yes the weather was nice in nijmegen today.  Smiley

We really should get a life, he. I think we have to go to the ga? Gamers Anonymous, like the aa.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 06:59:07 PM by Seob » Logged

8 bits of fun
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 09:18:33 PM »

Nope  Sad but even if I was, I can always manage the site as long as I have internet access. Even restoring the latest backup can be done from anywhere in the world so no worries. The site is NOT going to dissappear! Also the company hosting the site is from a friend of mine which leaves me with more options then the regular hosts.

That is awesome!  Thank you Janzl. I feel this board is very secure and I know I am here to stay.  So is it very expensive to have them host this site?  I have always wondered.  It is cool that you can manage and restore this board if need be from anywhere.  It is invincible!
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 10:10:56 PM »

So is it very expensive to have them host this site?

Nope, I made a little video production for his company to show on business fairs and in exchange I could choose a domain. So I chose videopac.nl  Cool. Therefore its costing me nothing  Grin and that makes a dutchman very happy!

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 10:24:18 PM »

So is it very expensive to have them host this site?

Nope, I made a little video production for his company to show on business fairs and in exchange I could choose a domain. So I chose videopac.nl  Cool. Therefore its costing me nothing  Grin and that makes a dutchman very happy!

Wow thats awesome!  Sounds like quite a nice exchange.  What program do you use to edit video?
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »

For editing I use Adobe Premiere, for the effects I use Adobe After Effects. And of of course the usual Photoshop and illustrator thingies. Adobe audition is used for lots of audio.

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 11:28:38 PM »

For editing I use Adobe Premiere, for the effects I use Adobe After Effects. And of of course the usual Photoshop and illustrator thingies. Adobe audition is used for lots of audio.

Nice!  I also use Adobe Premiere.  Another hobby of mine is messing around with 3d Studio MAX and I enjoy using Corel Painter for digital art.  A friend of mine makes short films so I help him out with simple Visuals Effects from time to time. 
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 07:21:46 AM »

That's great! I know how much fun it is tinkering away with these kind of softwares. I have done some assignments with 3dsMax but I prefer working with AnimationMaster because its very specialized for character animation and it uses splines instead of polygons.

Also if you do SFX for your friend I should really get into After Effects if I were you. It is Photoshop for video  Smiley Lots of nice filters available for it with some of them even usefull  Wink

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »

That's great! I know how much fun it is tinkering away with these kind of softwares. I have done some assignments with 3dsMax but I prefer working with AnimationMaster because its very specialized for character animation and it uses splines instead of polygons.

Also if you do SFX for your friend I should really get into After Effects if I were you. It is Photoshop for video  Smiley Lots of nice filters available for it with some of them even usefull  Wink

I need to learn how to animate rather complex something for an upcoming film so I should take a look into AnimationMaster.  I havn't experimented with many "organic" like animations in 3ds MAX.

I have heard some great things about After Effects. I always rotoscope more simple animations (lightsaber glow lol) and that takes a lot of time. I think I will test it out, thanks for the advice! 
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 06:05:59 PM »

For more info about AnimationMaster : http://www.hash.com

What exactly is it you're gonna have to animate?

Phosphor Dot Fossils
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 09:07:43 AM »

I really wish I could afford Lightwave, as it is still my favorite 3D program, and the one I first gained any kind of meaningful experience with.  I have 3DSmax, and even after going through some of the tutorials, it's just forbiddingly user-un-friendly to me.  Produces amazing results though.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: