Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
August 12, 2020, 10:34:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-working Keyboard Creations cart  (Read 6103 times)
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: September 11, 2007, 03:56:28 AM »

I received a broke Keyboard Creations cart in a small Odyssey 2 lot (not knowing it was so).  All I get when I attmept to work the cart is random grid lines and other odd sprites on the display.  Nothing seems to work right, I took the cart apart (finding out someone had been there before me) and cleaned it VERY well, and still nothing worked right.

Is there anything more I can do to try to fix this?  Or do I have a dead cart on my hands?

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 10:11:07 AM »

The only thing that could be fixed is dirty contacts, otherwise the ROM chip is dead.
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 12:10:27 PM »

is there any way to bring a broken ROM/EPROM back to life (or get the data out of it that may be still on) ? let's say I got a few EPROMS but one of them is not working ... I have no idea whats on it but am really curious - could be an unreleased game ;-)
(maybe sending it to you, Rene, would help ?  Cool)

sex, lies, and videopac
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 12:47:15 PM »

If a ROM is really broken, there is no way to get the data out of it, or only partially.
If an EPROM doesn't produce a proper image on a Videopac console, it doesn't have to be broken, but it may just contain non-videopac data. Then it can be put in an EPROM reader to copy the data to a computer. Since I have such equipment, sending it to me might help. Smiley

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 09:43:50 PM »

The only thing that could be fixed is dirty contacts, otherwise the ROM chip is dead.

Thanks for the reply, I guess I will just have to hang on to a dead cart then. 
Phosphor Dot Fossils
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 10:46:11 PM »

If the chip's dead, maybe see if Packrat or Dieter needs it, to become a future homebrew casing.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 03:05:51 AM »

If a ROM is really broken, there is no way to get the data out of it, or only partially.
If an EPROM doesn't produce a proper image on a Videopac console, it doesn't have to be broken, but it may just contain non-videopac data. Then it can be put in an EPROM reader to copy the data to a computer. Since I have such equipment, sending it to me might help. Smiley

Well, thanks for the offer, but I live in the United States, so sending it to Europe may be expensive, but I am not sure.  It was 5 bucks anyways, I guess I willl just let it go.  (Sort of a shame, it looked so fun!  I will just have to find another someday.)

Thanks again guys.
Rene_G7400
Pedit5

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 01:58:51 PM »

Well, thanks for the offer, but I live in the United States, so sending it to Europe may be expensive, but I am not sure.  It was 5 bucks anyways, I guess I willl just let it go.  (Sort of a shame, it looked so fun!  I will just have to find another someday.)

That offer was for the EPROM of Manopac, fixing the ROM chip of a factory-made cart like yours is not possible.
I don't think it will be a big problem to find another copy of this game on eBay.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 10:29:06 PM »

That offer was for the EPROM of Manopac, fixing the ROM chip of a factory-made cart like yours is not possible.
I don't think it will be a big problem to find another copy of this game on eBay.

Right, sorry, now I know why I didn't reply to that in the first place.  Finding one should not be a problem.  I don't use ebay though, I get by with other sources on the Internet.  Hehehe.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: