Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
December 14, 2019, 12:52:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robot City !!  (Read 6630 times)
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« on: September 25, 2008, 01:53:56 PM »

Just a quick update. I'm now quite heavily into my MSc degree. I will have a break in early November so I will start to get as many things done as possible. Will all the people that offered help please PM me so we can get this show off the ground!!

I have 12"
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 07:54:39 PM »

to be honest ... I would rather see someone with experience release this ... Andy calling for help before even getting started makes me feel afraid of another Route 66/Spiderman/Munchkin+ disaster ... not that I mind too much, as I wont buy it anyway :-)

sex, lies, and videopac
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 09:13:43 PM »

to be honest ... I would rather see someone with experience release this ... Andy calling for help before even getting started makes me feel afraid of another Route 66/Spiderman/Munchkin+ disaster ... not that I mind too much, as I wont buy it anyway :-)

I remember what happened with Munchkin+, but what happened with Route 66 and Spiderman?
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 09:28:12 PM »

Route 66: not enough carts made, instructions that didn't fit the game in the version that was on the cart, badly packaged so the inlays were basically destroyed

Spiderman: Artwork that didn't fit the game, the font was not even close to the original videopac font, so Bas tried to replicate the original look and failed completly ... with a game that was released by Parker for all other systems, so releasing it in Philips style was probably not the best idea in the world Smiley

sex, lies, and videopac
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 10:34:04 PM »

Thanks for the vote of confidence  Evil

I have 12"
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 01:16:57 AM »

Hey, I think he can do it! I'll buy it!!!  Grin

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 04:08:21 AM »

Route 66: not enough carts made, instructions that didn't fit the game in the version that was on the cart, badly packaged so the inlays were basically destroyed

Spiderman: Artwork that didn't fit the game, the font was not even close to the original videopac font, so Bas tried to replicate the original look and failed completly ... with a game that was released by Parker for all other systems, so releasing it in Philips style was probably not the best idea in the world Smiley

Thanks for the explanations.  I can see why this would bother someone, I know I wouldn't be happy with that.
list
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 07:58:17 AM »

i have ever confidence in you andy  ;)and knocking him at every move wont boost his confidence

until he states he cant do it GET OFF HIS BACK

fair play to him ( crack on m8 ) i will buy it  Wink

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 10:03:58 AM »

nuff said m8 thanks for the support!

I have 12"
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 11:52:56 AM »

until he states he cant do it GET OFF HIS BACK

yea, I guess time will tell anyway ... btw, we could celebrate the anouncements first birthday next week :-) (along with the 4 month-day of "I upload pictures of Crazy Horses"  Cheesy )

btw, here's a wise comment Rene wrote some time back:
"I think that the person who announces a release first, has the "right" to release it first, provided he's really serious about it and has the possibility (knowledge, equipment, etc.) to actually do it within a reasonable time (a year or so)."
http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=388.30

sex, lies, and videopac
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 03:17:19 PM »

Actually I?m happy it happened. Cheesy
Andy, tell us about Crazy Horse is. Is it an horse racing game? It?s a one or two game? Do you think it?s was made before or after 1980?
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 09:08:44 PM »

Can't we just be happy that somebody will release a game for the videopac?
I'm sure andy will try his best. We just have to support him and show us our trust in him.
When it's released and it's not oke, then you may complain. But since we don't know how his release will be, we just have to wait and see.

8 bits of fun
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 09:57:49 PM »

hm ... actually somebody else offered to release it (more than once) ... somebody who we know can pull it off ... and we could have had in in our hands already if Andy wouldn't insist on releasing it ... so what exactly is it we should be happy about Huh?

actually i think everyone who wants to release it should just do that and the market will regulate itself ... whoever will release it first will probably sell more copies and we wouldn't have to trust or not trust in someone eventually releasing something ....

sex, lies, and videopac
list
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 10:45:39 PM »

your negativity is becoming somewhat deafening 

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 11:50:10 PM »

lets just say I have my business experiences with Andy now and that didn't build a lot of confidence and trust ...

but like I said, I am not going to buy it anyway, so I don't care, I just hope you all get the game eventually and Andy: all the best for getting it done and please try to be communicative about the progress !!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 12:03:33 AM by manopac » Logged

sex, lies, and videopac
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: