Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
October 17, 2018, 04:31:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baseball!/Basebol!  (Read 8210 times)
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« on: October 02, 2008, 07:02:55 AM »

The October 2008 game of the month is Baseball!/Basebol!  Time to find a friend and play ball.  It is a two player game.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 09:16:42 PM »

I love playing this game but it can get very frustrating!
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 09:37:29 PM »

Since baseball is not very popular in Europe, so I have been told, was this game played there much?  I know it was fairly popular in the US, by Odyssey2 standards, because baseball is "America's sport" (Although American Football has probably surpassed it in popularity here).  I enjoyed it much more than playing my friends Atari version.  

While this game doesn't necessarily have "cheats" there are certain area's you can move your defense that increases your odds of getting an out.  

Sweersa should like the game because the batter looks as if he has a light-saber in his hand.  
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »

How so?
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »

American Football and Baseball have no real interest in the UK (probably while anything with these called "world series" only has US teams, and is in the US!), they have tried to market these things as Rugby or Cricket which might have some interest in the UK but of course the rules are completely different.

I would not have bought them...

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 11:03:24 PM »

American Football and Baseball have no real interest in the UK (

I would not have bought them...

Same here in Brazil, I learned American Football and Baseball rules because Ody games.
Janzl
Administrator

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 11:57:51 PM »

I have never played the game in my youth and have only just tried it once or twice a couple of years ago.
But I don't care for sportsgames anyway. Except skiing which I have some fond memories of.

Because Baseball is a two player game this obviously is a problem for most Vpac enthousiasts Wink

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 04:24:13 AM »

How so?

Well, the ball travels faster going in some directions than others...and sometimes I strike out becuase of that short stop guy, lol.  Just minor annoyances.  I love playing the game with friends and my brother.

Since baseball is not very popular in Europe, so I have been told, was this game played there much?  I know it was fairly popular in the US, by Odyssey2 standards, because baseball is "America's sport" (Although American Football has probably surpassed it in popularity here).  I enjoyed it much more than playing my friends Atari version. 

While this game doesn't necessarily have "cheats" there are certain area's you can move your defense that increases your odds of getting an out. 

Sweersa should like the game because the batter looks as if he has a light-saber in his hand.   

I do!!!  I always thought it looked like one.  Sometimes when I bat I make the lightsaber noise! (wow that is really nerdy come to think of it.)  My friend told me once the catcher looks like an R2-D2 unit.
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 08:11:20 AM »

I have actually learned the baseball rules with this game back then. Thanks to Philips for this Smiley

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 05:20:52 PM »

Did any of the "classic" consoles ever come out with a Cricket game?  Cricket and baseball have some similarities.
dronspa
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 05:28:38 PM »

I never saw this game (but also Football) in any store in Spain in the 80's, only in the big poster included with my G7000.

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 06:02:18 PM »

Did any of the "classic" consoles ever come out with a Cricket game?  Cricket and baseball have some similarities.

Has there ever been ANY cricket video game Huh?

sex, lies, and videopac
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 08:09:13 PM »

Has there ever been ANY cricket video game Huh?

I found this for PS2.  I have never seen it in America.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-Cricket-07-PS2/dp/B000HG1H4A
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 11:15:20 PM »

Since baseball is not very popular in Europe, so I have been told, was this game played there much?

That's probably the reason why the Plus version was never released.

How many of you can still find someone else to play two-player Odyssey2/Videopac games?
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 12:26:59 AM »

Since baseball is not very popular in Europe, so I have been told, was this game played there much?

That's probably the reason why the Plus version was never released.

How many of you can still find someone else to play two-player Odyssey2/Videopac games?

I can!  My brother does sometimes.  And sometimes my friend likes to whenever he is over.  Mainly Baseball!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: