Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 18, 2018, 05:48:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K.C. Munchkin  (Read 10661 times)
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« on: November 02, 2008, 06:40:22 AM »

K.C. Munchkin is the Game of the Month for November 2008!  Have fun munching!!! 
ptol
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:34:43 PM »

Still love that game after 26 years...  Smiley
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 10:14:44 PM »

Munchkin is one of the greatest games made for the VP/O2. It is still highly addictive and I just love the ghost sprites. Especially the way their eyes follow the direction they are heading.

I am working on a flash version for the game for the forum arcade. Programming this in Flash is a lot easier then programming this in assembler and in Flash it is already giving me a hard time every now and then. It really makes me appreciate the original programming for this game so much more. There is a lot going on at the same time (munchkin, ghosts and cookies) and they all have to stay in the pattern of the maze. This is quite hard to accomplish.

I remember playing this for hours on end with friends from highschool back in the days. It didn't help my highschool grades that's for sure. Smiley I haven't got a clue what my highscore was back then. Just as long as we could beat each other it was okay with me. Smiley

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Rafael

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 11:17:03 PM »

Actually I love KC, In the past I was a bad KC player. When my father bougth KC Munch to me I tried it very few times. In 1983 was a tournament near to my home. 80 points was needed to go to next stage. I tried some times but highest score in the tournament was 78 Sad
Ozyr
Give this man a Jopac!

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 02:34:54 AM »

Now we're talking (or typing). I'll be digging this one out and giving it a shot or two (probably more).

I always remember when this game came out, the same time a friend of mine has the 2600 and pac-man. He was so amazed by how K.C. looked and played, and thought it beat the crap out of the original 2600 pac-man (and I still think it does). Personally, I still refer to 2600 PacMan as Plier-Man (his mouth opens and closes like an adjustable plier or wrench, rather than like the actual pac-man character).

K.C. - Great game!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 02:36:33 AM by ozyr » Logged

Janzl
Administrator

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 08:42:44 AM »

I still refer to 2600 PacMan as Plier-Man (his mouth opens and closes like an adjustable plier or wrench, rather than like the actual pac-man character).

Cheesy I remember playing the A2600 pacman for the first time thinking, why did they do that, that is so stupid hahaha. Also the blinking ghosts were really annoying. I think it was a rush job to get it into the shelves and boost sales with a #1 hitgame.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »

I remember playing this for hours on end with friends from highschool back in the days. It didn't help my highschool grades that's for sure. Smiley

Yes, same here! This is the game that I probably played most (or maybe it was Pickaxe Pete, but one of those two for sure). My mum was also pretty good at it. I used to listen LPs when playing the game. Putting on the right music together with the game could make you "high" a bit, that was a nice experience, LOL, and it boosted scores as well ...

My high score at game 3 is 6280 points on 20th February 1984.

Played the game several times recently, but could not get much over 1000 points, oh well ...

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 07:58:19 PM »

Hey, that was on my 12th Birthday!   Cool 

Game/maze 3 is probably the easiest level to rack up points if you are patient.  I've been playing on zero but I haven't gotten over 463 yet.  I have no idea what my all-time high is but I'm sure it wasn't near 6,000 points!  Even if I had the talent my parents wouldn't have let me play that long.  That must have taken ccc--- two hours or more!!!  Shocked  AMAZING!
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 08:01:08 PM »

I almost forgot; If you make your own maze take a picture and post it.  Let's see who can make the most creative design. 
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 09:46:48 PM »

Hey, that was on my 12th Birthday!   Cool 

That is great! That must be meaning something Smiley

Game/maze 3 is probably the easiest level to rack up points if you are patient.  I've been playing on zero but I haven't gotten over 463 yet.  I have no idea what my all-time high is but I'm sure it wasn't near 6,000 points!  Even if I had the talent my parents wouldn't have let me play that long.  That must have taken ccc--- two hours or more!!!  Shocked  AMAZING!

Yes, it's probably the easiest maze, but it is my favorite maze Smiley

I have no idea how long it took me, but I used to play Videopac at least one hour each afternoon. Of course, that brought some problems with my parents regularly, because my school grades were by far not as good as my Videopac skills, LOL

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 09:24:29 AM »

Well, I took a picture of my creation but I can't post it because the file is too big.  I've been trying to figure a way around it but so far I haven't had any luck.  If I figure it out I'll post it.  Basically it just says "HEllO".
grgh

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 11:36:20 AM »

I use a graphics app called ThumbsPlus (http://www.cerious.com/), it allows me to resize pictures, save in different formats, and reduce filesize with compression ratios on JPG files.

I can email you the install file if you like, its only a few MB. It's an old trial version that doesn't have limitations built into the current trial versions, although it obviously doesn't have new features but that's never been a problem for my simple uses.

Whats great is the way it indexes your pictures, thats how I've organise all my digital camera pics since 1998.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:39:49 AM by grgh » Logged

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »

or use Irfanview: http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/ - its free, small, lets you convert pictures even in a batch process ...

sex, lies, and videopac
missioncontrol
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »

Well, I took a picture of my creation but I can't post it because the file is too big.  I've been trying to figure a way around it but so far I haven't had any luck.  If I figure it out I'll post it.  Basically it just says "HEllO".

I had to reduce the size of pics I uploaded... Another alternative is to use www.photobucket.com upload the image there and hotink it to here with img tags. The only problem with hotlinking images though is that it's not preserved within these forums, if for some reason the site you hotlinked from goes down.

RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 07:51:05 AM »

OK I downloaded the "ThumbsPlus" program but I must be doing something wrong because even the files I compress are too large.  Any helpful tips/hints?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: