Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 21, 2020, 03:02:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who says you can't upgrade an old Mac?  (Read 2805 times)
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« on: December 16, 2008, 12:58:41 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1aAwrbGI6U

Very cool, Ozyr you can do this!
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 06:00:24 AM »

I've seen a bunch of sites that have done something similar. I could do it, but it would require a lot of work, and I'd need to find a Color Classic mac (even though I know one hack that was done with the old b/w monitor). Judging by the speed of the system in the video, this was either done very well, or it has video feed into the old Mac.

I actually plan on doing something similar at the next game show here in WI. I'm going to feed video from an old iBook (hidden inside the case of an Apple IIe), and run it on the old green-screen monitor. I want to see how many people do a double-take when its sitting at the show running iTunes music and video show.
 Tongue

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 12:54:34 PM »

I've seen a bunch of sites that have done something similar. I could do it, but it would require a lot of work, and I'd need to find a Color Classic mac (even though I know one hack that was done with the old b/w monitor). Judging by the speed of the system in the video, this was either done very well, or it has video feed into the old Mac.

I actually plan on doing something similar at the next game show here in WI. I'm going to feed video from an old iBook (hidden inside the case of an Apple IIe), and run it on the old green-screen monitor. I want to see how many people do a double-take when its sitting at the show running iTunes music and video show.
 Tongue

Hehehe, that would be very cool. 
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 06:21:16 PM »

I got the idea from another site. Basically, I have an old non-working Apple //e. I am taking out the main board, to make room for the iBook. Then setup the iBook with a video-out adaptor, which will feed to a 'green' screen older //e monitor. It'll have iTunes running on it.
I hope to get people asking how I got music software on the old //e, as I won't have the case open to see the iBook.

Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 11:19:22 AM »

I hope to get people asking how I got music software on the old //e, as I won't have the case open to see the iBook.

Sneaky sneaky  Cheesy

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 07:12:32 PM »

Yeah, sneaky it is. I've had my iBook at the show for years now, playing mostly 80's music, since that is when most of the game systems I display were made. This year I'll just hide that iBook in the //e, and hope to have some people looking at it and asking "how did you get iTunes on that computer?".

I'll make something up at first, like I made my own copy of iTunes for the 6508 or something... before I tell them the truth! (wonder how many would buy that?)

Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 09:52:17 PM »

Yeah, sneaky it is. I've had my iBook at the show for years now, playing mostly 80's music, since that is when most of the game systems I display were made. This year I'll just hide that iBook in the //e, and hope to have some people looking at it and asking "how did you get iTunes on that computer?".

I'll make something up at first, like I made my own copy of iTunes for the 6508 or something... before I tell them the truth! (wonder how many would buy that?)

Hahaha.  You should get an "iBook Inside" sticker in the outside of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: