Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
June 02, 2020, 06:47:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutankham..any news ???  (Read 5094 times)
odyssey3
Played Munchkin once...

nhl2night
« on: September 06, 2007, 03:39:00 AM »

Hi Gamers !!
         well since were here now.. any new news on "Tutankham"  Huh?? what a shame that we lost all that info on videopac.org....i guess well have to rebuild here ... <O3>
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 06:40:03 AM »

I haven't heard but I'm looking forward to it!  I got a sneak peak thanks to Ozyr at the MidWest Gaming Classic.  It looks great! 
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 09:08:37 PM »

Sneak peak? Midwest Classic?  Huh?

Tongue

Yeah, really cool game, and I mean  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

I remember CCC--- (aka Dieter) saying it would hopefully be out in September!? Well, it is September, so what's the word Mr. CCC!?  Grin

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 01:00:32 PM »

Not long to wait now I'm sure!

I have 12"
dronspa
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »

Any news, Dieter?

But please, do not do the same than Spiderman, with that horrible modern Spiderman in the cover... Wink

Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 06:59:08 PM »

This is nothing personal to you dronspa, but since a lot of people feel the same about the spiderman graphics i just want to say this.

We'll i talked to the guy who did release the spiderman games this year at a classic game market. And he was a little annoid that a lot of people had so much comment on him using that artwork. Oke i don't like it either but, hey give him a little credit. He did his best in releasing the game and that is a lot of work. First i wanted to release a game myself, but when i realised how much work is involved and how much money you have to invest in getting it released having propper art work (i can't do it, i'm not an artist), i backed off. So give him at least some credits for putting in a lot of work in producing and releasing the game rather then giveing him a hard time because the cover graphics where not what you expected.

8 bits of fun
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 01:10:31 AM »

I agree with Seob.
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 03:07:42 AM »

Personally, I don't care what the cover looks like, as long as this game comes out. You can't please everyone, so I would expect Dieter to do what he thinks best, and I'm fine with that!  Grin

almoehi
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 02:21:25 PM »

Hi everybody
I?ll cant wait to play Tuankham too.
But i think we?ve waited so many years for this Game to be released so we can ever wait a few weeks longer.
Dieter will tell when he finished the game.
dronspa
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »

seob, i agree with you, it's a lot of work to sell a new videopac game, it's only that i think that the easiest part of the job, the artwork, was not well done...or could be done better.

But yes, i also bought these one! Wink   Thanks a lot for releasing it!!

and if we are able to wait so many years to see tutankham released, we can wait more months. no worry dieter, take our time.

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:04:33 PM »

Nobody is perfect and finding good artwork is hard. Perhaps several versions could be made and then a community vote could be applied to see which is everyone's favourite version. This would please the most people.

I have 12"
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 07:24:04 AM »

My opinion here - just let Dieter do what he is doing. You can never please everyone, period!

So, just sit back, play some PPP or whatever. It will be release when it is release - no sooner or later - and with whatever artwork Dieter chooses!

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 10:12:43 PM »

I think I've read somewhere on the old forum that Dieter will use the artwork of the Atari version of this game for this release.
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 10:39:56 PM »

Yup Ozyr, I completely agree. It's Dieter's work so let him decide how to and when to do it.

I think that Nintendo would still be producing for the Nes if they had to do a poll for every game they wanted to release  Cheesy

No kidding, I think its the charm of homebrew/prototype releases that lots of different styles are introduced.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 10:22:49 PM »

Sneak peak? Midwest Classic?  Huh?

Tongue

Yeah, really cool game, and I mean  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

I remember CCC--- (aka Dieter) saying it would hopefully be out in September!? Well, it is September, so what's the word Mr. CCC!?  Grin

Oops!  I guess thats why they don't trust me with any government secrets  Wink  Sorry  Embarrassed

Dieter has done a fabulous job.  Please don't pressure him to release it.  There are not enough people volunteering time to program games for the Videopac/Odyssey2.  Sometimes our enthusiasm can be a bit much (I'm guilty too!) and it may discourage programmers. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: