Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
January 23, 2020, 09:06:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken Voice Module  (Read 9506 times)
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 10:11:23 AM »

You could swap the chips which are in a socket with the ones of a working Voice module to check if they are OK.
(Place the chips of the non-working unit one-by-one in the working unit and check if it keeps working.)
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 03:01:26 PM »

You could swap the chips which are in a socket with the ones of a working Voice module to check if they are OK.
(Place the chips of the non-working unit one-by-one in the working unit and check if it keeps working.)

Do the chips come out easily or do I have to desotter them?  If I can remove them easily I might give it a try.  It help narrow down the problem.  What is the easiest/best way to remove them?  I appreciate the help!
Gorf
Attacked the Timelord

Gorfians take no prisoners!

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 07:54:56 PM »

Gorf,

I enjoy our debate and i'm in no way insulting or shouting at you!! But, the o2 as a console sold millions of units and is a widely distributed machine over in USA and all over Europe, finding replacements for [b]some[/b] of the carts is not a problems (Terrahawks)  Roll Eyes being a good example. I agree that some carts are ultra rare such as the prototype's etc and as such deserve such respect! There I hope we can both put our handbags away and play like nice children!!!!

Regards

Andy

Fine but the fact still remains, blowing on your cart or connectors is not the proper or best way
to clean them. Again, I know many folks int he jag community that USED to do it by blowing. They
find themselfs cleaning the carts and connectors a lot less by using the proper tools and chemicals.

If you MUST blow them out, use canned air, not your breath. Besides canned air is more effective
as it can blow a tighter and more powerful stream of air. Fact is your breath may very well blow out
most of the dust from that connector, but chances are you still have plenty building up in the crevices
and corners.
Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 12:13:47 AM »

Do the chips come out easily or do I have to desotter them?  If I can remove them easily I might give it a try.  It help narrow down the problem.  What is the easiest/best way to remove them?  I appreciate the help!

If I remember correctly the SP-0256 and SPR-128 chips are placed in a socket, so they can be removed easily (no soldering iron needed).

If you have an older Voice module, it could have a separate small PCB with eight 16-pin chips on it instead of the 24-pin SPR-128 chip.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »

put our handbags away

What does this expression mean?
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2009, 12:55:29 PM »

As in "ladies put your handbags away", imagine two men arguing over some petty argument and getting really heated over the topic but imagine two women doing the same thing, they would fight with handbags rather than fists!

I have 12"
Gorf
Attacked the Timelord

Gorfians take no prisoners!

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2009, 01:51:23 PM »

I guess I am a real man then as I dont subscribe to the use of handbags.
Tongue
RickO2
Post Axe Pete!

The excitement of a game. The mind of a computer.

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2009, 02:55:13 PM »

OK.  Enough pissing on my thread.  Take it out back and settle your differences and share a beer after.

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2009, 03:20:09 PM »

I've settled my differences!

I have 12"
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »

As in "ladies put your handbags away", imagine two men arguing over some petty argument and getting really heated over the topic but imagine two women doing the same thing, they would fight with handbags rather than fists!

Ah, I see. lol
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: