Eurocon

Started by grgh, August 14, 2009, 01:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grgh

Quote from: Dieter
Eurocon, the European meeting of classic gaming enthusiasts, celebrates it's 10th anniversary!! The 9th Eurocon will be held in Vienna, Austria, from 23rd to 25th October 2009.

This year's Eurocon will also see the release of a Videopac homebrew!!!

Soooo........ Let the releases begin!  :P
http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.

Janzl

Can't wait  ;D. Probably won't make it to Vienna though.  :'(
Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!

manopac

you really should ... it will be worth it :) we are gonna have a hell of a retro-party ...
sex, lies, and videopac

Janzl

Well, I'm gonna see, but I can't promise anything. Would be really nice though  ;D

manopac

I will even show a playable demo of my in development game .... that alone should be worth the journey to Vienna  >:D
sex, lies, and videopac

Seob

Just came back from one week vacation in austria, near salzburg. Glad i was able to drive at 150 km in germany, after switching from the a3 to the a7 because of massive traffic jams. Nice country to visit, but a little to long to drive to.
Went to the Eagle's nest, in germany just over the border where i stayed, nice view from up there. Impressive museum also.
8 bits of fun

ccc---

More info available now at http://www.eurocon.info and http://www.retroboerse.at

Manopac and myself are two of the organizers btw :)

grgh

WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC RETRO WEBSITE DESIGN!  :P
Top job, I loved it.
http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.

Janzl

Yes it sure is!!! Very nice!

manopac

Just a few notes why you REALLY should go there:

- you can buy a new videopac release
- you can play a demoversion of an still unreleased homebrew
- there's a big "retroboerse" (fleamarket?) kind of sale open for the public to get rid of all the videopac 38 and videopac 4 you might have at home
- big party on Saturday night with some livebands playing 8-bit sound and more (gameboymusicclub, cathynamemusic, jetcorder)
- lots of stuff going on on Friday evening (night out at the biggest amousement park in Vienna, with some arcades, big rides and great food) and Sunday (auctions, show & tell, special guests showing unreleased games, competitions etc.)
- cheapest Eurocon ever ... 2 nights in the hostel with breakfast, table at retroboerse and fee for paricipation on Eurocon for only 80? - and by selling at the retroboerse you should be able to get that back ;)

Vienna can easily be reached by plane not only through the Vienna-Airport, but also through Bratislava (e.g. Ryan Air, Sky Europe) - the Eurocon location is next to the biggest train station in Vienna (Westbahnhof) and easily reachable by car through the autobahn (highway) A1 - the only way you can not reach us is by ship (even though there is a boat from Bratislava to Vienna on the Danube ...) - actually there is no way you can NOT come :)

so don't miss out on the 10 year anniversary of Eurocon ... you know where to register ...
sex, lies, and videopac

Janzl

sh*t! This is getting very tempting  :o

manopac

Quote from: Janzl on August 26, 2009, 01:58:53 PM
sh*t! This is getting very tempting  :o

we would be happy to have you here :-)
(as well as any other member of the forum, would be nice to put a face to some usernames here and have a few beers together ;) )
sex, lies, and videopac

Seob

There are a few members who are still waiting for those beers they got from other members here  :D.
8 bits of fun

manopac

perfect place and time then :-)
sex, lies, and videopac

ccc---

Quote from: Janzl on August 26, 2009, 01:58:53 PM
sh*t! This is getting very tempting  :o

You won't be the only Dutch guy there. Marco Kerstens will come for sure, also Mr. & Mrs. Atari, the Bonami people (Mr. & Mrs. Groenewoud), and hopefully BuckyB, so you would even have a home match!

Many people will bring their fiancees/wives too, so you could book a double bed room with yours and have a great trip to Vienna.

COME ON JANZL!!!! It's not that far. We've been to Eurocon in Den Haag a few years ago too :)