Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
October 17, 2021, 05:54:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retro day in Steenwijk the Netherlands  (Read 17484 times)
gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 09:11:53 PM »

Man must i have bad eyes then. My main tv screen that is used to view tv is a 82cm 50Hz crt. And i can't see any flicker.
I need to get some glasses then.
Well, I am quite 'allergic' to screen flicker and motion stutter so I notice it immediately.

Did a main-switch refurb tonight on the SCART RGB modded 7400 so that it can be switched on and off as it should (not hit and miss) and put in a DIN 8 chassis connector at the back so a removable SCART cable (like the 7401/7200 or VG5000 uses) can be used instead of the (very bad) scart cable I had cut up and attached. I tried to find a source for the original DIN8 chassis connectors but could not find the right ones. On a radio amateur flea market I bought some DIN8 chassis connectors but the 'footprint' is not correct even though on the outside they look exactly the same as the original parts. I ended up inserting the connector upside down and from the outside in into the original hole for this connector. No chance of pushing it inside the cabinet by applying excessive force.

I made two new RGB DIN8-to-scart cables, one with good quality 'all in one shield' cable and one with all the signal wires shielded seperately.
Both perform much better than the old cable I had attached first. No noise in the colors now and the image is crisp and clear.

>>G7000 G7200(P+S) G7400 N60 JET27 VG5000 ZX80 ZX81 ORIC-1 COMX35 Aquarius<<
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 09:25:02 PM »

Yes, looking forward too. Will AstroDodge be for sale there?
Preorder + demo and playing only , you'll have to return october 4th for that ;-)

If anyone has a G7401 and/or modified 7400 (with rgb out) for sale/trade let me know, i need one too! (tons of G7400s but no RGB for me atm and i NEED one for videopac evenings. Right now we're leaving a Beamer untouched while playing on a TINY crt tv)

I've a JOPAC and a RADIOLA 471 both with RGB output for sale or trade.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:34:30 PM by VideopacBelgium » Logged

Videopac digger
VideopacBelgium

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 11:33:31 PM »

Smiley

In all seriousness, it looks like steenwijk is going to have some nice videopac stuff going on! Looking forward to it! Now if only someone could get me a cartridgeport extender so i can hook up my voice-unit, i'll be a happy camper!

I've a cartridgeport extender for you but I'll be at Steenwijk around 12.00 (not before because I've six hours on the railways)

Videopac digger
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »

Smiley

In all seriousness, it looks like steenwijk is going to have some nice videopac stuff going on! Looking forward to it! Now if only someone could get me a cartridgeport extender so i can hook up my voice-unit, i'll be a happy camper!

I've a cartridgeport extender for you but I'll be at Steenwijk around 12.00 (not before because I've six hours on the railways)
Hope you got a portable videopac then to game in the 6 hours.  p.s. Dutch railways are always late, so i would add a extra bit of travel time to your schedule.

Gertk do you have picture of your mod? Like to see them.

Maybe i'm going also, but i don't know for sure. Could be going out with the wife and kids.

8 bits of fun
VideopacBelgium

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 09:44:22 PM »

Hope you got a portable videopac then to game in the 6 hours.  p.s. Dutch railways are always late, so i would add a extra bit of travel time to your schedule.

No I haven't a portable videopac (exept my heavy N60). Is a O2em exist for NDS ?

Videopac digger
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 09:59:25 PM »

damn, I am actually in the Netherlands until Sunday ... but I leave sunday morning, and I am kind of in a very differnt part of the country :-) (Den Haag right now, Amsterdam from tomorrow evening) - btw: if anyone can recommend flea markets, retro game shops etc. in one of the two cities, I would really appriciate it :-)

yes, there is a NDS port of O2EM:
http://jotd.pagesperso-orange.fr/o2em_ds/index.html

sex, lies, and videopac
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 10:28:48 PM »

damn, I am actually in the Netherlands until Sunday ... but I leave sunday morning, and I am kind of in a very differnt part of the country :-) (Den Haag right now, Amsterdam from tomorrow evening) - btw: if anyone can recommend flea markets, retro game shops etc. in one of the two cities, I would really appriciate it :-)
Amsterdam has a VERY EXPENSIVE retroshop near central station (cross the street from the station, at the hotel on the corner turn right and go into the first small alley you'll see, its on the right in the alley). The Hague has another EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE gameshop (they carry megadrive and upwards, so nothing really old and very very expensive).
For fleamarkets you kind of need the small local-organised markets, as all big organised fleamarkets are useless because people on those markets are traders that need to pay like 250 euros or something for a 1m of stall.

In other words: See you in steenwijk ;-)

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 11:06:25 PM »

yes, there is a NDS port of O2EM:
http://jotd.pagesperso-orange.fr/o2em_ds/index.html

Hey that's cool. How are you travelling? By car? Surely the Ned's is just a veeeeery smaaaaaaall country. Shouldn't be so hard to get from Amsterdam to Steenwijk.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 08:53:11 AM »

unfortunatly by plane and train ... and my flight back is on sunday morning ... :-(

sex, lies, and videopac
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »

As Spike would say: "DARNIT!"

revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 03:30:27 PM »

*EEEK!* OH NO! MOLLY!

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
VideopacBelgium

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 04:46:30 PM »

Smiley

Revival,
Must I bring the Jopac and the Cartridgeport extender to Steenwijk this Sunday?

Videopac digger
manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 05:54:48 PM »

you say it ... if I would have realized that before, I would have flewn back later ...

sex, lies, and videopac
Janzl
Administrator

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 07:22:43 PM »

you say it ... if I would have realized that before, I would have flewn back later ...

Change you schedule!  Grin

VideopacBelgium

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2011, 12:49:45 AM »

It doesn't work on my NDSXL with R4...

Videopac digger
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: